13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah that was my thinking endrane. WarThunder apparently is > than World of Warplanes. But I don't think the fleet component of WarThunder will match that of Warships and there isn't any info or media on it yet so its not likes its going to be up anytime soon.

Death, that is probably what we will end up doing...something like that. I'm not going to get into every free game though. I want at least a few guys willing to start each one up--because if we ever recruit anyone from any game, it wouldn't be fair if they were the only ones in the clan for that game. That's why new games have to have some people to help start it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:53 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:

Death, that is probably what we will end up doing...something like that.  I'm not going to get into every free game though.  I want at least a few guys willing to start each one up--because if we ever recruit anyone from any game, it wouldn't be fair if they were the only ones in the clan for that game.  That's why new games have to have some people to help start it up.

Yeah that sounds good. Very Happy 
So if people currently in the clan aren't interested in a certain game like MWO, but like Hawken would we most likely move into Hawken? (just an example)
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:00 pm

VDEATHMASTERV wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:

Death, that is probably what we will end up doing...something like that.  I'm not going to get into every free game though.  I want at least a few guys willing to start each one up--because if we ever recruit anyone from any game, it wouldn't be fair if they were the only ones in the clan for that game.  That's why new games have to have some people to help start it up.

Yeah that sounds good. Very Happy 
So if people currently in the clan aren't interested in a certain game like MWO, but like Hawken would we most likely move into Hawken? (just an example)
Yeah since they are similar; it'd sorta be one or the other.

Vdeath, do you play Hawken?
Back to top Go down
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I have made an account for both Hawken and MWO under the name of VDEATHMASTERV but havent had the chance to try both of the games. I will be trying them 3 hours from when I made this post Smile
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Endrane wrote:
I just think we didn't get into PS2 because of the poor effort that was put into recruiting and playing (we barely had any members of the squad show up to practices).

Recruiting wasn't an issue in Battlefield, so I doubt it would be an issue once the indoctrination occurs. However, in Battlefield, at least for the Marauders, we had a small group attend our training as well. Hence, the change. However, after Planetside II hits for the Playstation IV, and we change into the Fleet Marine Force, I think recruitment/enlistment will be in a higher demand, and in turn, a higher population for us.

[EDIT:]
Again, I think we should consider the aspect that WarThunder can bring that the World of War franchise cannot; a unison in the combatant element. In WarThunder, you have the aviation, naval, and ground component that will need to be in a separate title for the World of War series, i.e. World of Tanks [ground], World of Warplanes [aerial], World of Warships [naval].

This would fulfill and suffice the elements of the battlefield in one game, rather in different titles.

Last edited by DeadlyChaos09 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Yes but perhaps they are doing it all in one game, each one would not be as good as the World Of series. I guess you could think of it as quantity over quality. In the end we will just have to play them and make our opinions then.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Awesome vdeath, let me know how it runs!

Yeah we don't know if Warthunder will have all three separate components combined together. We could still have a World of component though.

But I hope to get back into PS2 and definitely looking forward to Hawken. The reason some of these games fail in the clan, even big games, is because we spread ourselves too thin in wanting to expand oftentimes. We need to focus and have a core group of players willing to recruit and help foster growth by being active. Play4free and the whole battlefield series, really, both worked because we focused on these games (these were our main games), not just throw a few members into the game and expect it to grow on its own.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Thats what TF2 was like haha
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Hey guys,
I'm a bit late to reply to this (and other stuff, sorry for that).

It's certainly too late to hop on the WOT horse, but warplanes and battleships is an option.
However, it will require some very active recruiting, which is frowned upon by most gamers if it's done ingame.

Is DOTA an option? I know some friends that play that game (looks like LOL).

I'm not gaming anymore (well, except from WOT at 1 hour a week max probably), so my input is limited.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 pm

LoL > Dota haha
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 am

vanhoucke wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm a bit late to reply to this (and other stuff, sorry for that).

It's certainly too late to hop on the WOT horse, but warplanes and battleships is an option.
However, it will require some very active recruiting, which is frowned upon by most gamers if it's done ingame.

Is DOTA an option? I know some friends that play that game (looks like LOL).

I'm not gaming anymore (well, except from WOT at 1 hour a week max probably), so my input is limited.
When you're talking about DOTA, I'm assuming you mean Dota 2, as its essentially F2P as of now. While I'm all for including Dota 2, I think we would have a lot of trouble integrating it into our clan.

The one and only reason for this is:

Skill - Without very high level players, we will get nowhere. While I myself have been playing DotA and Dota 2 for around 6 years and accumulated over 5000 hours in the game, I doubt that I'd be anywhere even near the level of professional players that play the game for a living. Without an "A-Team" of sorts, it would be very difficult for us to establish ourselves into the game.

Nonetheless, its the most played game on Steam; by far. Very far.
Reference: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

WillDill wrote:
LoL > Dota haha
While I despise Riot, they really found a way to turn the ASSFAGGOTS (Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides) genre towards the mainstream.

(Meanwhile games like LoL or DOTA still need a firm genre)

LoL would be the way to go here (much to my sadness Sad), mainly due to its low(er) skill cap and (much) wider playerbase, one that stands unrivaled by anything else.

Imho LoL should seriously be taken into consideration to revive F2P division. I'd gladly pick up the game (played a few games of LoL before) to help so.

(+1 for team WillDill Very Happy)

Last edited by supersceptile on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sup.)
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 pm

WOOOOOOOOOO that makes 3 people that think it should be considered! haha
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

A few more and you can have your own little squad Razz
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 pm

All we need is 3/5 for a ranked team Razz
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

It has always been in consideration, but not a priority.

Erm, Soldier Front 2, was playing it last night, very fun indeed. Its like call of duty and combat arms and games like that.

This and Hawken I want to get into, as well as Planetside 2 again. Planetside 2 CAN work...we just need a cadre of members willing to be active, to recruit, to play, unlike what we have in almost all our divisions
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 pm

This waiting for the 'FMF' change is hurting our ability to get established in some of the newer games. I think we are going to start immediately recruiting in Soldier Front 2 (US) (and maybe the SF2 EU variant) and Hawken.

Who's in? I need some able bodies to
Quote :
willing to be active, to recruit, to play
. We will do it under the 13th MEU name; it won't hurt that much, if at all. Open beta for both of these games opened around the same day the end of June--it's been half a month and we just really need to get started.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:43 pm

I agree, the longer we wait to indoctrinate into the 'FMF', the more difficult it'll be to recruit. If anything, it's best to establish a recruiting ground early in the game's timeline, as a lot of players would want to join a clan when the game releases to Open Beta.

I'd gladly help in both titles; I recommend you bump the recruitment forum and add the links to their forum.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:52 pm

I need a cadre of people willing to play first and foremost though.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
I need a cadre of people willing to play first and foremost though.  

In that case, I'd join SF2, but I'd still be willing to help recruit for Hawken.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Alright.

And its like this article I read in my local newspaper--there's these volunteer fire companies whose number 1 issue is recruitment. They get enough money it sounds like from people not wanting/willing to join but from people still wanting to help by donating--the big thing they need is manpower though.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 pm

BTW, League is now an official sport recognized by the government!
Back to top Go down
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:20 pm

I will help out! Smile

I have made it to Sergeant rank so if you guys want I could create the Corp (Clan) in SF2 (Corporal rank requirement to start a Corp) to get started with the clan and recruiting. We will need someone to create a post on the SF2 Forums for our clan and for the purpose of recruiting. I don't think Special Force 2 (SF2 EU version) is out yet but you can sign up for the closed beta at this website.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:27 pm

VDEATHMASTERV wrote:
I will help out! Smile

I have made it to Sergeant rank so if you guys want I could create the Corp (Clan) in SF2 (Corporal rank requirement to start a Corp) to get started with the clan and recruiting. We will need someone to create a post on the SF2 Forums for our clan and for the purpose of recruiting. I don't think Special Force 2 (SF2 EU version) is out yet but you can sign up for the closed beta at this website.
Vdeath I will talk with you later about the Corp and the recruitment post (most likely I will be doing those Razz )
Back to top Go down
Wolf Sniper_27
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:09 am

I dont know SF2 im still in play4free trying my best to keep up with getting ranked there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division

View previous topic View next topic Back to top