13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 am

I was browsing the SF2 forums and found this:
http://www.skill-specialforce2.com/

I Think this is the European version of Soldier Front 2 but dedicated to Europeans.  Very Happy 
...but if they are gonna make SF2 separate as NA and EU then we will not be able to compete with each other.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 am

FlamingBear wrote:
I was talking about MWO. Its hard to run. I did just try hawken and i cant run it either unfortunately. but i does look good
Well we got a predicament...undoubtedly I want to get into one of these mech fighting games.....the question is which...or both.  It is like the World of Warplanes or Warthunder predicament...same types of games, possibly different styles, same release periods, different communities.  

According to a bunch of reviews I've read Mech Warrior Online is more "realistic" and they compare that to the likes of ARMA or such.  MWO is supposedly more detailed in customizations and stuff (almost no two mechs are alike).  MWO is more for the "hardcore" mech gamers and has a more hardcore background for its base.

On the other hand...hawken is more fastpaced and is compared to the likes of BF3/COD (Yes BF is fast paced itself, at least 3 is).  Hawken is for the more "skilled" gamers (the MWO base probably won't admit that though).

I haven't played MWO yet but its community looks bigger or at least more active/dedicated--its forum (a common metric I use) has like 8x more posts on it than the hawken forums.  (2.4 million posts vs 282,000 posts).  But I wouldn't say MWO has 8x the player base; according to regulars its about even.

Yeah death I'm afraid we cannot have both squads, well it wouldn't work out as best as it could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:05 am

I have been a big fan of the mech warrior universe for a while those games are really tactical and require the use of light- super mechs to win its good. i havent played hawken so i cant give you a fair decision but id go MWO probably. Mech games are really dun if anyone hasn't played them. my first was mech assualt 1 and 2 which are made by the same people that made MWO and mech warrior 1 2 3 and 4
Back to top Go down
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:09 am

Im enjoying Hawken quite a bit (though I still suck at it). in no way is it pay2win, all mechs and items can be bought with ingame credits and they dont seem to be hard to get, the only things that can only be bought with cash are aesthetic items, paintjobs and different looks for the mechs. Another nice thing is you can change mechs, items AND ingame settings while INGAME! OMG who wouldda thunk it, certainly not slEASYz.

Also upgrades are not OP. Internal upgrades (think weapon attachments) offer slight buffs in an area but also come with a drawback. And optimization points (skill tree/training points) offer VERY slight benefits that can add up, but dont add up so much that you get completely owned by someone of a higher level. Like bronx said its a skill based game which is very refreshing compared to P4F.

The only real drawback which Flaming pointed out it can be a graphically intense game even on low, so this may rule out some people depending on their rigs (also Flaming, go into your options and turn things down if you havent already, itll help)

Im all for Hawken being one of our next supported F2P games, I'll hopefully try out soldier front 2 sometime this weekend aswell (though I'll likely be out of town for atleast a day)

Maybe we should look at something like this, Play out P4F for the rest of its life cycle (which we were planning) and pick up 2 games in the F2P division, Hawken (probably) and another less graphically intense game, and see where this gets us.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 am

FlamingBear wrote:
I have been a big fan of the mech warrior universe for a while those games are really tactical and require the use of light- super mechs to win its good. i havent played hawken so i cant give you a fair decision but id go MWO probably. Mech games are really dun if anyone hasn't played them. my first was mech assualt 1 and 2 which are made by the same people that made MWO and mech warrior 1 2 3 and 4
Well, MWO apparently has the steeper learning curve.  What do you think of the slow-paced, more-strategic based gameplay of MWO to fast-paced, more skill/tactics-based gameplay of hawken (in general)?

EDIT: Shady, nice to see you tried out hawken, fellow pilot :)Yeah Hawken apparently has the  most generous business model of any online. My callsign on Hawken is thebronxbomber if you guys want to add me
EDIT #2: Soldier Front II or Warface will probably take up that less graphically-intense game for FP division.
Back to top Go down
ShadyCharacter
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
ShadyCharacter

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 am

added you bronx, mines ShadyCharacterr (with 2 R's) for everyone else
Back to top Go down
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:42 am

I will definitely try MWO and Hawken when I get the chance. they look very cool Very Happy 

... and I agree with shady's idea of playing out p4f but picking 2 games for F2P division Smile
Back to top Go down
bebris
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
bebris

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:30 am

the problem is bronx that alot of people will leave, becouse a lot of them dont like mech games (one of them is me Razz) just saying Very Happy but it is for the clanmates to decide
Back to top Go down
http://riexc.lv
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 pm

bebris wrote:
the problem is bronx that alot of people will leave, becouse a lot of them dont like mech games (one of them is me Razz) just saying  Very Happy but it is for the clanmates to decide
Bebris, as we've been discussing, those aren't going to be the only [types of] games the FP division will play. Most likely we are going to get into a standard modern-fps like Warface or SF2
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm

or LoL! Im not the only one anymore! haha
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Stop brainwashing people...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

I do prefer more stragic gameplay over the gun and run, and thats a down fall to MWO it is a pay to win platform but its not as bad as P4F. and shady i couldnt even get to the options it was running so bad :/. im gonna try SF2.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 pm

FlamingBear wrote:
I do prefer more stragic gameplay over the gun and run, and thats a down fall to MWO it is a pay to win platform but its not as bad as P4F. and shady i couldnt even get to the options it was running so bad :/. im gonna try SF2.
Well I don't even know if its more strategic per se, but apparently these are two total different types of games. MWO is a simulator mech game sort of while Hawken is more like a FPS
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Bronx, is there a conclusion as to what titles we'll be managing so far?
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:06 pm

From what I can tell, Warface/Sf2, Hawken, and maybe World of Warships.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
FlamingBear wrote:
Well I don't even know if its more strategic per se, but apparently these are two total different types of games.  MWO is a simulator mech game sort of while Hawken is more like a FPS

Wed probably get more recruits for hawken then.

After trying SF2 its a decent game i run it about 2-5 fps in a full server sadly. I do think the training mode is cool though, you can add the bots were you want them and whole bunch of stuff.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 am

What about AVA guys?
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 am

Probably Hawken right out the bat.  I don't know, flaming, Hawken has 10x less forum posts (not that its the only thing).  But the Hawken community is really pleased with Hawken's payment system.  It's for aesthetics and such.  MWO on the other hand can cost you $10-30 for a new Mech.  

And then SF2 right after that (still don't know what we will be doing with 2 different versions of the game) and then Warface when that comes out.

I want to get into World of Warships and WarThunder/World of Warplanes too.  Will fit well with the new clan name Smile

And lol no flaming, that's already been discussed earlier in the thread--it's pretty old.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:02 am

Damn, I'd join Hawken, Soldier Front II, Warface, and WarThunder.

In the discussion of World of War, wouldn't WarThunder suffice with the aerial, naval, and ground element? After all, you'll be able to play with all three combat forces in one game, whereas in the World of War franchise, you have to play three separate titles to play a separate combat element.

In addition, I'd still be interested in Planetside II in the future, where the Playstation IV will support the game.

Last edited by DeadlyChaos09 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am

Well it could but WarThunder doesn't have its fleet or army components out/ready yet. I think the World of Warships for the naval element looks/will be better than its counterpart in WarThunder though

I am downloading PS2 right now
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Lets just face it i need a new rig Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Not the only one :/
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:01 pm

The majority of people have concluded that War Thunder is a lot better than World of Warplanes. I don't think it'll be able to beat the gameplay of World of Tanks or World of Warships, though, so World of Warships should be considered right when it gets into an alpha/beta phase with clan members participating in them.

I just think we didn't get into PS2 because of the poor effort that was put into recruiting and playing (we barely had any members of the squad show up to practices).

I tried Hawken a while ago, but I didn't like the gameplay of it very much. Maybe I'll have another go at it since you're all playing it now Razz
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Well the fact that War Thunder will include all three types of warfare (Land, Sea and Air) it will be a much larger battlefield on a massive scale. Sure, he gameplay in World of Tanks and World of Warships will be better than the corresponding War Thunder part, but the fact that you'll have three (hopefully together) makes it awesome and means there'll be a lot of possible recruits. That is unless War Thunder is actually three separate types of gameplay in which I will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Why don't we just create squads for MWO, Hawken, Soldier Front II, Warface, World of Warships and WarThunder/World of Warplanes. Then whichever squads succeed we keep and the ones that don't we can get rid of. Not sure if this would work just an idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Future of the FP Division   [Discussion] Future of the FP Division - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Future of the FP Division

View previous topic View next topic Back to top