13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Operation Kingfish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Availability
Saturday, 25 FEB
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_lcap32%Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 10 ]
Saturday, 3 MAR
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_lcap19%Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
Neither
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Both
Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_lcap39%Operation Kingfish - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
l3E7Studios
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Operation Kingfish - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
l3E7Studios wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:

And Studios: I think I did PM you that I would be considering using jets. I might just do that. Think of yourself as a jet just flying around while infantry units are laser-designating targets via soflam or something. You would basically be having the same role as what captedster did in my HQ unit (which was to artillery certain positions) but from the air. There would be some limitations to this. I don't know how well you can bomb from 100-200 meters but you better know how lol--my highest bomb kill was at 400m and I did use some calculations (not any set formula though) to conclude when I would drop my bombs. Anyways try to figure a formula out for bombing certain positions at that high an altitude.

And think of yourself as being part of the vehicle team, which was the team that flew the choppers, drove the APCs, and HMMWVs. The team where we had so many people want to fly choppers in. We will be rotating personnel for these positions and this will be part of it.

And yes this will be the last ever Operation Kingfish--unless you want to recycle the name for other Operations to come!

Go ahead and consider, just discussing this with Deadly on how jets can be useful to this operation while remaining balanced and realistic. And I can bomb high, as long as we aren't talking about so high you can't even see the map, and I think that would be cool at a certain altitude. You look up and see a jet fly high and fast zooming through your view, you hear the faint sound of the falling bombs and can't see them, last second you see them and bam, you're dead.

And for a name...

Operation FishKing? Lol.
Well that's just what you'd have to be capable of. I don't want to see any dive bombing in at 50m.

And well no...I'm talking about other names....lol

Blackhawk Down is something we should try. A chopper full of U.S. personnel were on their way to meet up with the U.S. Marines in Mashuur when they came under fire and crashed. Now the team is down and waiting for extraction while in the meantime terrorist are converging on the site. It is up to the U.S. to protect the perimeter and secure each of those personnel one at a time (because the only chopper they can afford can only carry 1 medical patient) [because they have to be airlifted out] without a single loss. Something similar to this (When dead then revive will be considered injury not dead)

A quick game that will take many tries to win.

This can help in communication, spotting, and using the full extent of cover. And since it is a quick operation it is Operation KingFish.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 pm

l3E7Studios wrote:
DeadlyChaos09 wrote:

I love jets as well, but I know that in infantry, the U.S. Army had more than enough firepower. Saying for the Terrorists to bring in vehicles, such as Main Battle Tanks, and then for the U.S. Army to bring in Jets, is pointless. Why? Because in the end, the U.S. Army has the higher firepower in terms of the Terrorist, so why bring more complication in the organization?

Hey listen, I'm not trying to start an argument with you. You're not only my squad-mate, but you're also a really cool person to hang around with and play with. However, think in terms of logic, not of desire. Logically, it creates more complication, for both Command, and the infantry. Would I love jets in the operation? Yes! But is it logical? Not really.

I will leave on my last note in that, since when was war ever simple?

But I shall leave thee. The will to commit leads to action, not debates. So how bout we go on Hotel California 24/7 Oman, and do some damage? Razz

On my last note: Since when was this game war? Yes, we are trying to imitate the realism in warfare, however, you must understand that this is still a game, and the way we try to enhance it to realism is impossible, as there are several factors that pull apart from that. Once again, put logic over your desires, and in the long run, it will just be the common sense. Logically, why would we want to create a more in-depth realistic simulator, when the game itself can not provide that? It is just common sense to leave it as infantry.

The way I look at it is, infantry, transport, and artillery. Basic and simple factors in-game that make it both realistic and logical. Jets are only artillery, but you want them as a full combative role? I just don't see a point, to reconnaissance from a jet, artillery from a jet, or any factor from a jet.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Well the point of having them would be the coordination between the team that needs artillery/air strike and me and then to back to the pilot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 pm

You can assemble that with your Recon. And it's an official equipment you know? Called Mortar Strike Razz
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 pm

DeadlyChaos09 wrote:
You can assemble that with your Recon. And it's an official equipment you know? Called Mortar Strike Razz
True, its what edster did in part 1 of O.K. And it is limited by range
Back to top Go down
Nusume
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Nusume

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Mashtuur and all the other maps will be reserved for other operations :p

Today is Operation Kingfish +3

For Dalian -> Operation Queenfrog Smile)
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Nusume wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Mashtuur and all the other maps will be reserved for other operations :p

Today is Operation Kingfish +3

For Dalian -> Operation Queenfrog Smile)
Nice name Very Happy

Tomorrow will be the last day of Operation Kingfish (+7). Can I get an estimate of who is coming tomorrow. It starts around 3pm EST.

Please don't be late or tell me before hand. It takes a lot of our time when we have to assign you to a unit because you were late.

And do not join the server until told to from your unit leader.
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:23 pm

i got ts3 now i can join
Back to top Go down
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
mekline

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:25 pm

wont be there this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:30 pm

how come
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:52 pm

cant make it dont got mic
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 am

PvtSebastien wrote:
You can still come if you're on time.

I expect a good attendance tomorrow :p
Back to top Go down
DacianWolf
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 am

I will be there.
Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 am

Ill be there Hooah ! Very Happy oh and if I get all the troublemakers again ...can I request bravo team ...and well rename Bravo Team to Bad Company Very Happy
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 am

Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 am

thebronxbomber wrote:
PvtSebastien wrote:
You can still come if you're on time.

I expect a good attendance tomorrow :p

Ok got it coming
Back to top Go down
ghost9719
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ghost9719

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:00 am

Ill show up
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 am

getting mic today
Back to top Go down
l3E7Studios
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Just 5 more hours W00T!
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 pm

yeah I'm coming, but because me and Edster aren't sniping this time, can I fly either a blackhawk or a jet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Bronx, what are the rules, and details of the operation for today?
Back to top Go down
Dedem
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:42 pm

I would love to come as a blackhawk pilot. Here's what i want to do :

We need one pilot, 2 gunners, 2 engineer and an optionnal medic.

I will be the pilot, i will just turn around the flags we need to capture/defend, and help the ground teams. The gunners will fire at targets and if it's possible spot them.

The engineers will constantly repair the blackhawk so we don't get shot down by the enemy vehicles and by enemy RPG's. They can, if a vehicle is already tagged, shoot them with their RPG.

And the medic will spot players, fire, and sometimes we will just land somewhere,( i think the beach on the left of the flag A will be great ) so the medic can just heal other people, engineers can repair the heli, and we can talk about new tactics.

Hope this will be accepted, because we need a minimum 5 players team to do this. The limit is 4. I hope you can consider this like an exeption.
Back to top Go down
l3E7Studios
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 pm

That's not what this is about. The transport choppers are meant to drop supplies to squads and have like 1 gunner taking out enemy's while supplying the field.

Edit: Also transporting people to their destinations once they go down fro the carrier.

Edit 2: And we cannot put our vehicles in such danger, you are so in the line of fire by RPGs, if you would've been shot you would be down, no repairs in the real world, that's why I have to stay above a certain limit when I do my jet thing because if I get any damage from an explosive force I'm done. We are aiming for realism.

Last edited by l3E7Studios on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dedem
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Operation Kingfish - Page 5 Okay-meme-jpg

So i'll be on the ground team :3

EDIT : Or i can just pilot the transport chopper, and do what it's supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm

ill be a repair for kingfiish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish   Operation Kingfish - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Kingfish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top