13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Operation Kingfish aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Operation Kingfish aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:50 am

Hello,

The 13th MEU did secure the region of Oman today. It was a long 3 hour battle which was at some times disorganized and disorderly, but at the same time I'm pretty sure a lot of you had fun (or else you wouldn't have stuck around so long Razz ). I want to list out everyone who made and participated in the Operation (tell me if you were there and aren't on this list):

ECO_RANGER
Goldfusion
Tmfc1234
[I3E7]Studios
ShadyDingo
Toryin
KODZ
Deadlychaos
Howhurl (TheM2)
Lordshogun
Dacianwolf
Samanaslt
Ninja_penguin1
Nusume
Knazzbollen
Shadycharacter
Flamingbear
ghost9719
Trister
Logan2605
Mekline
Deathdealerr
Modernwarfare132
Superceptile
Cpt.edster
thebronxbomber

I have 26 people listed here: I did not list the people who came late or after we already finished or didn't really participate. And this list is here so that later everyone here who participated can be given the Operation Kingfish participation medal when it comes out

My complaints are that we need terrorists who act like terrorists and that this should have been played more realistically. But all in all it was pretty good.

P.S. Please post all your media and comments of this event on this thread. If someone can edit a video, that would be great.

Last edited by thebronxbomber on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 am

It was a great experience for me, and I hope we can all do it again.

Someone upload that video already! I wanna see how long it takes me to hit the ground xD
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:05 am

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121898595-4
Super-Six-1 and Super-Six-2 getting ready for takeoff.

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121898704-4
Operation Kingfish participants in transports

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905034-4
Victor 1 and Victor 2 giving suppressive fire for Overlord Actual

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905037-4
Bravo 2 team giving suppressive fire around the corner

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905038-4
Bravo 2-1 (toryin) addressing his unit

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905040-4
O.K. Participants

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905045-4
Colonel leading a P.T. Run

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905048-4
Colonel addressing O.K. participants

Operation Kingfish aftermath 121905057-4
O.K. Participants separated by unit (from left): Alpha 1 team, Victor 1 team, terrorists cell, Delta 4 team, Bravo 2 team.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 am

Nusume wrote:
#1. Operation Kingfish aftermath 92938946804254157264

#2. Operation Kingfish aftermath 69586574419203771684

#2.5Operation Kingfish aftermath 08941514215390272125

#3. Operation Kingfish aftermath 33891594793796674229

#4. Operation Kingfish aftermath 93129977442183151384

#5. Operation Kingfish aftermath 54228825392845549950

#6.Operation Kingfish aftermath 50752807747389570431

This ^ are few samples from the shooting session from this night, there rest can be downloaded from here:
http://dl.transfer.ro/Screenshots-transfer_RO-26feb-289496.rar
Back to top Go down
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:27 am

Sick photos bronx never knew your gameplay was so high def lol. I wish my computer was like that.

That includes you too Nusume.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:29 am

#3 looks like im dictating u guys
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:03 am

My team speak was not working for some reason, I would be on and then it wouldn't work for 30mins than I would log in again and then it would stop. Still trying to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
knazzbollen
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
knazzbollen

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:34 am

This operation was epic,i cant wait untill next saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PvtSebastien
Private
Private
PvtSebastien

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:37 am

i hope i get to do the march 3 one
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 pm

I really enjoyed OK and want to Thank Everyone that was part of this Difficult and Long Operation
It was a good Experience and quiet challenging to receive Orders, then relate and take Action with the FireTeam.
At Times it was very Loud on The Battlefield and There was always a Threat of Terrorists Shooting you Down and Beeing wounded or out of Ammo while Waiting for support Detachs Response is Rough when your under heavy Fire from Unknown location, just ducking and trying to stay alive.
It was not like you could storm in and Shoot Down Everything,
Maybe next time we could have Some of our TeamMates Act as Hostages that need to B freed before Enemys Execute them.

I had much Fun with FireTeam Bravo
(shady Stuck on the Shore xD)
Thx Kodz,Lordshogun,Deadlychaos and M2

Operation Kingfish aftermath 8swt39naciub
Operation Kingfish aftermath H3avu5hwhjxx
Operation Kingfish aftermath Bodvwr32ak4
Operation Kingfish aftermath Xg3f95e2fhim
Operation Kingfish aftermath Ncjxja76o66r
Operation Kingfish aftermath Luchuway66b
Operation Kingfish aftermath R6w118djntx2
Operation Kingfish aftermath 4qu4xp6hnboz
Operation Kingfish aftermath Uzl6btymjalz
Operation Kingfish aftermath Bthu7hma34x2
Operation Kingfish aftermath Bgieiehzxuqf
Operation Kingfish aftermath Bvydj81cjcc
Operation Kingfish aftermath C9wgistpqxkb
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Yeah toryin nice pics man. It was funny reading the chats on some of them like me kicking that one guy in the first pic, goldfusion complaining about lag in one, ninja about doing some jihading (wth ninja), knazz about jumping off the carrier lol, etc.

If we do this this weekend, we're going to have to change a few things about it. The goal this time we did it was to make it realistic; unfortunately, some people thought this was supposed to test skills and how many times you could kill someone rather than organization of coordination and communication.

I would like to give a special thanks to the Logistics team and the Terrorists team. Terrorists team: For some of you it was your first time doing some event like this. Next time I'll go through more extensively the roles and positions of terrorists on the map.

Back to top Go down
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:56 pm

yes bronx i did have lag due to the fact that the US side was frinkin overcrowded lol. I never done this type of realistic gameplay or a mission before, thx to the COC, Terroists and the member the took their time to come to this event to make the gameplay ever in history (from my point of view).
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

I think one of the best parts is when the round ended and the list of names went down right off the screen.
Back to top Go down
ghost9719
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ghost9719

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Some more pictures !!!! Very Happy
Operation Kingfish aftermath 12192210Operation Kingfish aftermath 12189810
Operation Kingfish aftermath Saasda10
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Nice Pics Ghost I like em.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Overall, fun operation, but I felt it was more of a test run, and next week should be counted as the official operation.

Only issues were giving orders, organizing the firing teams, and formation. I know there were very few terrorists, but some, not going to say any names, just ran off, and killed an entire firing team alone as if he was Rambo. You thought it was funny, and it's good to have fun, but for once can you listen?

Other than that, I think we should post this as part of News Team, to attract more players. Also, I heard you guys did an Omaha Beach operation, and possibly, we should do that again as well.
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Trister wrote:
I think one of the best parts is when the round ended and the list of names went down right off the screen.
xD
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Deadly, and all the other guys complaining about the way the terrorists acted, I see where you're coming from, but what are we meant to do. There was one point at B where we were killed instantly every time we spawned by snipers, we have to be allowed to do something. And there were complaints about killing tok many people, I think my score was 13-53, I don't see how 13 is too many people for the whole op. I know the op was about communication for you guys, but surely you need to learn how to communicate a flanking movement. Especially when your movement speed was painfully slow. I don't know how it is in the US army, but i've been taught platoon battle drills which thr British use in my cadets, and the point is to be quick, I'm happy to explain the platoon battle technique to anyone. At times it got incredibly boring for the terdorists which us why we ran off to do Rambo to have some fun. I'm not saying we should go and kill loads of people, but we are meant to be terrorists and vastly outnumbered

I'm not trying to argue, I understand all your points but I'm just my thoughts across. Ciao
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Deathdealer: It was the first round he was talking about. The first round where just about all the terrorists except for mekline and trister had way more than even kds. Well it may have been painfully slow but sorry trying to organize 20 people on the same team to do something each is quite difficult.

The operation wasn't about checking flanks and making sure you don't get knifed. It was about coordination with units that were voice-isolated. We never expected people to be dying so much (talking about us the first round).

Dying on our team was supposed to be real infrequent, but unfortunately it was all too common.

Next time I'll be going thru more extensively what the terrorists' role will be and their positions they will be hidden in.

Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Bronx I understand co-ordinating that many people iis hard, I don't want to even think about doing it, I was just suggesting that the terrorists have something other to do than being spawn killed so that we aren't tempted to be Rambo, anyways, I'm off to bed, night all :p
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Bronx I understand co-ordinating that many people iis hard, I don't want to even think about doing it, I was just suggesting that the terrorists have something other to do than being spawn killed so that we aren't tempted to be Rambo, anyways, I'm off to bed, night all :p
Well including the terrorists, there were at peak times 25 people. It should be a lot more organized next time.
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Razz Razz Razz Operation Kingfish aftermath Do1310
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Deadly, and all the other guys complaining about the way the terrorists acted, I see where you're coming from, but what are we meant to do. There was one point at B where we were killed instantly every time we spawned by snipers, we have to be allowed to do something. And there were complaints about killing tok many people, I think my score was 13-53, I don't see how 13 is too many people for the whole op. I know the op was about communication for you guys, but surely you need to learn how to communicate a flanking movement. Especially when your movement speed was painfully slow. I don't know how it is in the US army, but i've been taught platoon battle drills which thr British use in my cadets, and the point is to be quick, I'm happy to explain the platoon battle technique to anyone. At times it got incredibly boring for the terdorists which us why we ran off to do Rambo to have some fun. I'm not saying we should go and kill loads of people, but we are meant to be terrorists and vastly outnumbered

I'm not trying to argue, I understand all your points but I'm just my thoughts across. Ciao

You're not getting the point of the operation. It wasn't mainly to simulate a realistic military battle, but to enhance our organization, communication, and command structure skills. Not to know how to communicate a flanking movement or anything else.

Also, you were only vastly outnumbered because nobody else joined, not because we chose to. Since you were outnumbered, that should have meant you were even closer as a squadron. Bronx had to command 4 squadrons to different roles, whether it was an assault or support.

Bravo Team, the squadron in which I was in, was pinned down from you guys spawning at B, an order we received to attack and capture. However, our TL was down, and KODZ was next in-command. Guess what happen next? Quack rushed us, knifing KODZ. I saw him go back, and knowing he was going to act stupid and do what he wasn't supposed to do, which was run in and knife the living hell out of everyone he saw, I was next in-command, and told Shogun for a tactical retreat until we had supplies and medical assistance, and hopefully another squad to aid us. While the chopper came, guess who popped out of the corner... Quack again!

I know you wanted to have fun, but to disobey the rules and emphasis on REALISM for the simulator, was pushing it to the extreme, ruining the overall experience. Next time you're going to perform an action, ask "Is it the tactical decision?" "Am I coordinating with my squad to this action?" "How will this affect the overall simulator?" If you answer "Yes, yes, and no effect." then you can perform your action. Also, don't say "Well that takes too much time to discuss this with my team." because here you are saying you were bored.

I'm not saying this in an attitude or any disrespectful manner by the way.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 am

I know Deadly, neither was I. I'm just saying it was hard to be killed every time we spawned without one us going 'screw this'
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 am

DeadlyChaos09 wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:

Bravo Team, the squadron in which I was in, was pinned down from you guys spawning at B, an order we received to attack and capture. However, our TL was down, and KODZ was next in-command. Guess what happen next? Quack rushed us, knifing KODZ. I saw him go back, and knowing he was going to act stupid and do what he wasn't supposed to do, which was run in and knife the living hell out of everyone he saw, I was next in-command, and told Shogun for a tactical retreat until we had supplies and medical assistance, and hopefully another squad to aid us. While the chopper came, guess who popped out of the corner... Quack again!

Thats epic, losing your leader then your second kind of like a movie, those events make the game much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Kingfish aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Back to top