13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Operation Kingfish aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 am

Hmmmmm. I wosn't able to participate in this (Don't have P4F, Not too crazy about its graphics..., BF3 all the way:P ) but it looks like fun!

Anyways, judging from what happened, organizational stuff and listening to the chain of command I was wondering if we could do the same thing in BF3. I think it would be pretty spectacular in BF3 graphics... and we could make a movie out of it too! I already have an idea for a scene involving 3 mortar guys and soldiers charging across an open field but I'm getting ahead of myself...

But looking at the feedback I see that the role of opposition is a bit difficult. From what i know I feel as if it would be better if there was no opposition if the whole point of the operation would be just to practice organizational maneuvers. But if you had to have them, perhaps instead of allowing kills would not be such a good idea. Shooting to suppress but not to kill.

And perhaps ... since there was 5 squads perhaps a rotation every so often would help keep the endurance of people's discretion.

Hmm, and as using the chain of command as a way of dictating unattached elements... I suggest (even though I'm not totally a fan of this guy's ... antics) you look at his videos. He is known on battlefield 3 as "Emale"? What he does basically is command several squads at a time, talking with squad leaders. If you can get over his nasal voice and condescending tone the point he brings up is pretty good. Squad leaders talk with squad mates and carry out whatever is required (more or less capturing an objective or holding a point, etc.) Basically using voip for something other than "Oh my god that guy is hacking" or "Did you see my kill omg." I WOULD LOVE to see this type of tactics being used, breaking up communication by squad but still having somebody keeping tabs of overall progress. One thing I hate is having to hear about something that's happening on the other side of the map... sometimes they're not even on my team...

But anyway good job guys! and I wish we could have something like this for BF3. Smile
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Support team FTW!!!!!.Well any way what our job was to give medivac and casavac to ground troops and deliver them to battle
Back to top Go down
ScoutUrSniper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
ScoutUrSniper

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

ROUGHNECK is using a USAS. Hmmm?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/rxnmusicofficial
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Avril, I asked Trister about doing something similar in BF3, and he said we could, but I'm not so sure we have the number of active members
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Yeah doing it without an opposition would be better but what would you do it against. We do this sort of thing sometimes where (just like this almost) a team of 10-20 people try and find a guy hidden somewhere on the map--the game of Manhunt.

In BF3 it would probably be easier to organize with there being squads.

And there weren't really 5 squads--3 main infantry ones, a support team, and if you count my "team" (which was the Commander (me) and my personal sniper/artilleryman).

I'm thinking next week we do something like manhunt but of course with a little opposition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I like that idea Bronx
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Mega Max546 wrote:
DeadlyChaos09 wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
Deadly, and all the other guys complaining about the way the terrorists acted, I see where you're coming from, but what are we meant to do. There was one point at B where we were killed instantly every time we spawned by snipers, we have to be allowed to do something. And there were complaints about killing tok many people, I think my score was 13-53, I don't see how 13 is too many people for the whole op. I know the op was about communication for you guys, but surely you need to learn how to communicate a flanking movement. Especially when your movement speed was painfully slow. I don't know how it is in the US army, but i've been taught platoon battle drills which thr British use in my cadets, and the point is to be quick, I'm happy to explain the platoon battle technique to anyone. At times it got incredibly boring for the terdorists which us why we ran off to do Rambo to have some fun. I'm not saying we should go and kill loads of people, but we are meant to be terrorists and vastly outnumbered

I'm not trying to argue, I understand all your points but I'm just my thoughts across. Ciao

Bravo Team, the squadron in which I was in, was pinned down from you guys spawning at B, an order we received to attack and capture. However, our TL was down, and KODZ was next in-command. Guess what happen next? Quack rushed us, knifing KODZ. I saw him go back, and knowing he was going to act stupid and do what he wasn't supposed to do, which was run in and knife the living hell out of everyone he saw, I was next in-command, and told Shogun for a tactical retreat until we had supplies and medical assistance, and hopefully another squad to aid us. While the chopper came, guess who popped out of the corner... Quack again!

Thats epic, losing your leader then your second kind of like a movie, those events make the game much more fun.

Well, I was trying to get orders, as well as a squad and support team to our position. When I ask Toryin, "What do I do-" I was dead. Sure, cinematic, but just annoying.

Anyways, I rather do this again, only more participants hopefully. Why not get the News Team to cover this on the front page?
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:45 pm

It's technically still going on atm if we do it on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Oh alright. Do you need some help with anything?
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Bronx needs to work on relaying info to squads cause half the time we didnt know what squad needed what
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 pm

FlamingBear wrote:
Bronx needs to work on relaying info to squads cause half the time we didnt know what squad needed what
Well thats what will get worked on...

And most of the times I'd relay it to shady instead of the whole squad.
Back to top Go down
l3E7Studios
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:16 am

A medal? But I didn't even get to fly me jets D:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen000m
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen002e
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen003gu
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen004ig
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen005y
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen007t
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Screen008gc

Also we need to do jets next time. At least have us fly high in the air and do just spotting we don't have to attack, we can give information to squads on positions and such. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Did not liked it, :/
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Jmxam5dtzu79
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Su3cv846a2qf
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Ijgtcfylnelc
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Cc1q7ki89qu
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Wlfuoy76ts3j
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Pfr3vtyra1rx
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Lhqi6em6pc2b
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 S1lv1bsfv15g
Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 L7u99r8dantq
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:17 pm

↑ Why u didnt captured pre mission, then two helis was hovering over boats? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 am

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Kingfish

Nice Operation today fellas. The 13th MEU was able to secure Oman region in a weeklong operation against the Insurgent forces.

The members who made it for Operation Kingfish D+7 were:

Shadycharacter
JJ2y0
VDEATHMASTERV
ECO_RANGER
Nusume
NinjaPenguin
Toryin
Superceptile
Howhurl
Dacianwolf
Dedem
Tmfc1234
Kubrten
KODZ
Goldfusion
Samanaslt
Knazzbollen
l3E7Studios
Captedster
Trister
Nmd12345
mekline
Deathdealer
Zenosyx
Doctor_girl
metsman
thebronxbomber (27 members)

If someone can edit a video about the operation, we can put this on the front page.

Back to top Go down
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 am

nice pic Smile
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:16 am

Looked like it was fun.
Back to top Go down
VDEATHMASTERV
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
VDEATHMASTERV

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:52 pm

that was awesome and i'd like to thank bronx for all the coodrinations of troops and vehicles to successfully complete this operation! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:22 pm

VDEATHMASTERV wrote:
that was awesome and i'd like to thank bronx for all the coodrinations of troops and vehicles to successfully complete this operation! Very Happy
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy

Thank you lol; thank you to all who participated!
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:

If someone can edit a video about the operation, we can put this on the front page.

Nop, dont have one. U mad? Very Happy

I will post some pics soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Operation Kingfish, from side which mostly was unseen:

Meet samanaslt and Knazzbolen - Blackhawk pilots:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Bfp4f2012030323091967

Mostly, we were doing nothing:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Bfp4f2012030323264225

Still nothing...:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Bfp4f2012030323331686

And again, just messing around:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Bfp4f2012030323444937

I had a little bit job, but poor knazzbolen, have almost no job Sad

And if u look closely, u wil see nade here:

Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Bfp4f2012030400554814

Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:48 pm

BTW everyone who was a pilot I had told that it wasn't or wouldn't be as fun as everyone thought it was--being a chopper pilot.

Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:44 am

thebronxbomber wrote:
BTW everyone who was a pilot I had told that it wasn't or wouldn't be as fun as everyone thought it was--being a chopper pilot.

Go to RANKED PR server, where USMC must deploy from Carrier... Then u will see how trans helis operate and how important they are... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dedem
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:59 am

I have a vid, but can't post it because i don't have permissions.

Go to youtube, and put this after the .com : /MultiDedem

It's my latest video. Don't forget to check out my other videos Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Kingfish aftermath   Operation Kingfish aftermath - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Kingfish aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Back to top