13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:00 am

OK, I got my Alienware client working. Apparently turning off Firewall does nothing.
What I did was

Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Advance Settings
Right-click Inbound Rules -> New Rules
Go through allowing the connection

Do the same thing for Outbound Rules.
Go back to Firewall and click Allow a program...
See if Client or CEVO is listed. If not add it by pointing to
C:\Program Files (x86)\CEVO\Arena\CMNGuiLauncher.exe

After I did this I was able to connect with the firewall on or off.

*Matches Updated* Please respond if you are able to make it. Server has been configured for Alienware practice and currently running.
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Just received an email with these challenges:

1st C4Liber Gaming has challenged you in Battlefield 3 NA Battlegrounds. You can view and respond to this challenge by visiting your events page located at http://www.alienwarearena.com/account/events/.

The following times were proposed:
Tuesday, December 6th at 9:00PM CST
Tuesday, December 6th at 9:30PM CST
Wednesday, December 7th at 9:00PM CST
Wednesday, December 7th at 9:30PM CST

I'm available, who else can make it?
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Double post...

Everyone follow Trister's steps to see if you can get the Alienware Anti-Cheat client working! We seem to be the only two who got it to work, for some reason it installed just fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

It ended up working for NMD too and I think all he did was disable the firewall.

It seems we all get the challenge emails.

**I'm also good for 1st C4Liber Gaming**

Trying to figure out the best way to handle this process. But for now, just to keep it rolling

Clan in a Box
Wednesday, December 7th at 8:30PM CST
    NMD, Trister

No Mercy
Saturday, December 3rd at 6:00PM CST
Sunday, December 4th at 6:00PM CST
Sunday, December 4th at 7:00PM CST
    SUN: NMD, Sniper, Trister, Warhorse, Quack, AffAction

1st C4Liber Gaming
    ANY: Trister, Token

Element US - Cancelled
Armored Fist - Cancelled
Back to top Go down
NYC.SnIpEr
Corporal
Corporal
NYC.SnIpEr

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:30 pm

seems i got it to work to some how
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:37 pm

First post is updated, I think this will work the best! So long as people check.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 am

I can make it to the match against 1st C4Liber Gaming. No problems here. Smile
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:07 pm

So damn pumped... LEZZDODIS!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:02 am

So any confirmation on whether or not the team that we played against today was breaking any rules? Warhorse was talking about someone coming into Vent to tell him of this happening but he wasn't able to confirm whether or not that team was the team we were in a match with.

I shot at people so many freakin' times that unless all of the were standing over health packs, I don't know how I didn't get more kills. All of us did bad but I did the worst by far. If these guys weren't cheating then we might be in over our heads on this one..
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:25 am

@Token: when I jumped on and asked it was like they turned into a demon. Their tone suggested that I shouldn't have even had the gall to ask. They assured me that if any cheating was done, something would have been done about it. Warhorse did say that, but he was unsure of who or what they were talking about. As for the kills, we didn't perform well. I know your play Token and yes you didn't get a whole lot of kills as I have seen you get before. It may have very well been the lag. I sensed a bit of it throughout the whole round. We were suppose to get on the server and run an in-game ping test and if the average ping of all players was above 200, it would mean the server isn't fit. At least that's what was stated in the rules. However, I noticed AffAction was the one who had the highest kills in both rounds. I'm not saying hacking so don't start. But I am curious as to why his killing was in the mid-to-high teens while everyone elses was in the single digits. If we are, "in over our heads", then we should see if the team feels the same way and if so, then we should just look at this contest as a fun, lax, experience and perhaps consider starting matches with TWL and/or GB (MLG) as well.

@Everyone:
Thanks to those who jumped in at the last minute. Without you it would have been a straight out forfeit and wouldn't even have a chance to try. Good try guys! It was our first match; there will be plenty more as we have basically 8 weeks left. It's not over yet.

I'll try to keep this short as some know of my text walls.

Basically we need work. We haven't played competitively together as a team. Some may have played with others on other games but not this particular bunch of players. Yes, there was a lot of things that went wrong and I will chalk it up to the team being ill-prepared. At this moment I will say that every aspect of teamwork needs to be worked on, and we don't get that just by jumping into a match that day. We get that by practicing, which is why it is important to attend practices.

It is also important to read the forums. I know who wants to read and type when we have voice chat. Not everyone is on at the same time (except for practices) and some information cannot wait until that time comes and I'm certainly not going to repeat myself 10 times. Certain things that happened before the match shouldn't have happened if the forums were read and practices were attended. That time is supposed to be used to go over any last minute details. Everything else, classes, gadgets, specialization, strategy, tactics, gameplay, should have all be done during practice or at least much sooner. But were not able to since not everyone showed up for practice and/or was not online at the same time off-practice.

I slightly had an idea this was going to be a tough match. Based on what I mentioned before and, judging by their stats, they seemed to be a "better" team. Seeing where they positioned themselves, seeing how they responded to a possible threat or actual threat, seeing how they reacted tells me they probably have been playing as a team for a while, if not a long time. It also tells me they took the time to practice and strategize. This is what we need; we need to work on making this team work effective, efficient and coherent; like a well-oiled machine. I know things didn't go well on our first match but I can say, that if we smoothen things out, it'll be more enjoyable, more rewarding, and capable in making some good, fun, memories. Do I want to win, hell ya, do I want to have fun doing it, even more. But if you want to throw in the towel just say so, so I can remove you from the team. No foul, no resentment, nothing.

EDIT: Actually I just watched a few videos they made of scrims and I can tell you they have been playing together quite a while and they have planned. I mean they have names for building like Lowe's and Home Depot. lol.
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Well hey, we just all need to practice. We have 2 more days on Metro so if we're all available at some point today, my availability is pretty open so how's everyone else's schedule? I'm in it for the long run. I'd love our team to be as good or better and that'll only come with practice and dedication to the clan. I think we work well as a team, I've played many games with NMD, Trister, Sniper, Quack (mostly on MW3), Endrane, and just about everyone else on the team but the people that I just mentioned I've played with the most. I received a new request from AffAction and added him to my friends list on origin and I know I have a few more of you on there but I don't think I have everyone from the team so send me a friend request: TOKEN69

Also let's all sort out who is what class so we don't have too many of one class running around that could possibly give us a disadvantage. Changing up who plays which role on different maps to find out who does what best is another thing we should take a look at first. After we practice we then need to have a practice scrim of at least 6 v. 6 so we can get in the jist of playing against other people and not just ourselves by joining a server that has settings as similar as we can find compared to the settings that are required for the tournament.

Wow that was a mouthful lol Shocked
Back to top Go down
AffAction
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:11 pm

I know, I was in the teens and 20's doesn't mean I hack it means I'm GOOD. Don't know why you would even think of that.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:25 pm

FIRST POST UPDATED - NEW CHALLENGE BY RIVIAL - HIGH STAT TEAM

Dude, obviously you didn't read or perhaps I wasn't clear. And figured you'd have an answer of "I'm GOOD".

I was in no way thinking that you hacked in any way shape form up down left right, inside out. And I resent the overconfidence statement of you being "GOOD". Because you can't say you got those kills all by yourself can you? Meaning would you have gotten that many kills if it was just you playing? So no, I believe your TEAM had something, maybe a lot, maybe a little, to with it.

I'm just curious as to why, were you standing back, did you just get lucky on a lot of shots, what? I know I saw you up front a few times but what about most. Thing is, if there is something you were doing that could benefit all of us, it would help the TEAM out, rather than having one "GOOD" player, we'd have more.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm

For everyone's "homework" I'd like you to save this map, go through it and map out some tactics/strategies. If you don't have an image editing program, you can load it up to twiddla.com, mark it up, save it. Then, upload your map to an image host and post only the link to it.

I'm not looking for it to be professional or neat, so long as it's readable and not confusing. You may want to consider working on one aspect. For instance, our initial launch paths, attack angles for B, positions to post for defense, whatever you wish and think of.

We'll take all responses and run them through the test to see which works to be used in the next match. I'll see if I can get us some scrims to put these to trail.

Grand Bazaar map

After Sat we'll work on next week's map, Seine Crossing. I think we should stay a week ahead in planning and running strategy.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 am

Here's my first plan for a US deployment:

AAssault
EEngineer
SuSupport
SnSniper
[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 GrandBazaarUSPlan2
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 am

FIRST POST UPDATED

Token's:
So your saying we all capture A. Then 2E, 2A capture B. Then 2E defends B and 1A covers the exists on both sides of B. While 2su and 2sn, from A, goes around, help to capture B, and continues to cover their base.

I'd be worried about that 1A on the left all by himself. Maybe even take it a step further in, after capturing B, the 2E, 1A (on the right), goes to capture C, while the 2su/sn provide cover and the 1a on the left comes in towards their dome. Basically surrounding their base.

We'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
NYC.SnIpEr
Corporal
Corporal
NYC.SnIpEr

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:22 pm

im going on your idea trister and tweaking it.

[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 Gbm_c-10

1.Engineer
2.Assault
3.Sniper
4.Support

rush to A engineer drops mines on the road way on the map and comes back to "A". as we are caping "A" support gois arount to mid "B" as the sniper stays long hallway to cover the support as he is laying down cover fire after caping "B" on to "C" the ting we have to watch out for the most is the flank at "B" and "C"
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Trister, you pretty much got everything that I was meaning to map out. Sorry, I should've included an explanation. I actually like Snipers plan here though, however, I think it'd be necessary to have a sniper watching the street from the top right of the map, possibly running back and forth from his view of the street when at the top right to about the top middle of the map to also watch B. without someone covering that street too i think it'd be too easy for the other team to completely flank us by taking the exact same route but from their deployment which would bring them up and around the right side where we have no cover until our blue team comes around to C, which hopefully they wont have a sniper waiting them to come around that bottom left corner.
Back to top Go down
NYC.SnIpEr
Corporal
Corporal
NYC.SnIpEr

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 pm

well in that sence support leaves me ammo and when im watching "B" hall way just relase the MAV to watch the street real fast
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey guys!

NYC.SnIpEr and me will be online around 10:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CST if you guys want to do a run throught and try some of this tactics. We can also try to set up something tomorrow just to make sure we coordinate well.
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Nmd12345 wrote:
Hey guys!

NYC.SnIpEr and me will be online around 10:00 PM EST / 9:00 PM CST if you guys want to do a run throught and try some of this tactics. We can also try to set up something tomorrow just to make sure we coordinate well.

That's what time our match is tonight! We should get on an hour before that at 9pm EST!
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:55 pm

At the moment there isn't enough players to play out that match. We need at least 6, so we need 1 more. But I don't think we should play with just 6; we should have the full 8.
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:12 pm

ahh alright then well, ill be there still!
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 am

FIRST POST UPDATED - WEEK 2

We need 2 more for EGO and 3 for Rebels...

We currently rank 28th but, that was only from 1 match. Others had 2,3, or one even had 5 lossing matches. But, we've got 8 more weeks, so anything can happen.

We've ran through some ideas for Bazaar, lets see if we can put them to use. I'll be looking for/offering some scrims today, tomorrow, and Sat to put these ideas to the "real" test. It would be nice to have 4v4 at least, so if you've got some time and interested in some friendly scrimmage, jump on after 5pm EST.

Question: Do you guys think it would be best to do some research in finding the weakest teams and challenge them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims   [BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[BF3][PC] Places for Competitions/Scrims

View previous topic View next topic Back to top