13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Well you said it yourself. There's no reason. People like to see other people hurt, it amuses them, so they mock their injustices.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terminal-Addiction/118413301551914
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Yes I know it is really messed up
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

But, thats not the case with anyone in this clan. At least, not that I know off. No one that I know of in the clan feels hate towards someone merely because they're different, and that's why I enjoy this clan. Smile
Back to top Go down
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah I am with you with that, also i can see being angry or mad at a indivisual of a group that has done somthing for you to get that way but i do not understand the point in being mad or angry at that wholoe group of people cause you doent even know them to be mad.
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Well the whole "someone's done something to you" causes a bunch of problems. It's why I find the Israel vs. Palestine thing to be a load of bull. Yes, Palestine did fire off first, but who was on their land? no one is really justified in that situation. Sorry, if that offends anyone in the military, this is merely my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I mean as a average day civillian.

I am going to make it this way to explain better, lets put this into white and black (not meant to be racist) ok say there there is a white guy that was tempered at the actions of a black person, I would say it would be "ok" to be temperarilly agered at them (you shoukd not always be angry at someone) and i say them as that one person, but it is not ok if that one "black" person made you angry to be mad at that whole race

On the side note : I am NOT raceist silent
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm

lol I'm sure everyone gets what you're saying. Razz
Back to top Go down
TheGuitarhead
Corporal
Corporal
TheGuitarhead

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Y'know, I'm a really tolerant kind of person...in person. But I have noticed a very amusing trend on COD games.

Most of the players I run into who camp so hard their *** becomes one with the ground, tube, and generally play cowardly and with no skill are French or Italian.

I posted as much on another forum, and the reply I got had me laughing for about thirty minutes straight: "Yeah well, they're entitled to play the game too. And since they can't actually turn tail and retreat off the map..."

Actually, my mum basically just said, here, listen to what you like, just make sure you know it's music, not orders. Razz

I used to play in a band whose drummer was a HUGE Agnostic Front fan. I'd never heard of them till then, but they're pretty cool. I dislike emo music in general, because it's not "music"...it's pure business. Let's write music that lots of dumb conformist (ahemscuseme NONconformist) preteen fools will buy! Screw musical ethics and morals, we want MONEY!

Sellouts.

Only band I like that has remotely emo lyrics is Poisonblack, because...just listen to the man's voice! And the riffs are pretty sweet in a lot of the songs, too.

My band plays a fusion of metal and house, actually, a lot of our stuff is, anyhow. Pop-house-techno-metal, you could call it. It sounds freaking weird but honestly, considering how hard some people were moshing when we opened with Like A Nightmare on friday (our really, really house-ish song) I shall not complain. when the audience bleeds, dammit, it's metal!

I'm so totally unhappy though. My Dean Dimebag Razorback's lead pickup crapped out on me yesterday. Very, very uncool, that's my favorite of all my instruments. Grrr.
Back to top Go down
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 pm

TheGuitarhead wrote:
Y'know, I'm a really tolerant kind of person...in person. But I have noticed a very amusing trend on COD games.

Most of the players I run into who camp so hard their *** becomes one with the ground, tube, and generally play cowardly and with no skill are French or Italian.

I posted as much on another forum, and the reply I got had me laughing for about thirty minutes straight: "Yeah well, they're entitled to play the game too. And since they can't actually turn tail and retreat off the map..."

Actually, my mum basically just said, here, listen to what you like, just make sure you know it's music, not orders. Razz

I used to play in a band whose drummer was a HUGE Agnostic Front fan. I'd never heard of them till then, but they're pretty cool. I dislike emo music in general, because it's not "music"...it's pure business. Let's write music that lots of dumb conformist (ahemscuseme NONconformist) preteen fools will buy! Screw musical ethics and morals, we want MONEY!

Sellouts.

Only band I like that has remotely emo lyrics is Poisonblack, because...just listen to the man's voice! And the riffs are pretty sweet in a lot of the songs, too.

My band plays a fusion of metal and house, actually, a lot of our stuff is, anyhow. Pop-house-techno-metal, you could call it. It sounds freaking weird but honestly, considering how hard some people were moshing when we opened with Like A Nightmare on friday (our really, really house-ish song) I shall not complain. when the audience bleeds, dammit, it's metal!

I'm so totally unhappy though. My Dean Dimebag Razorback's lead pickup crapped out on me yesterday. Very, very uncool, that's my favorite of all my instruments. Grrr.
I've been sitting here watching this thread and I saw it took a turn to something that has nothing to do with the original topic. The original topic was about how this generation is worse than ever and everything that is seen wrong with it. I don't mean to be a forum 'copper' or an a** but if you wanna talk about music in general please just make a thread or discuss it through PM. I just want this thread to try to stay on topic. And I'm not just talking about you I'm talking to everyone. Please just try to keep this on topic and if there's any side notes at least try to have part of the post retaining to the topic. It's just a pet peeve of mine.
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Dude, my first guitar was a 1994 limited edition Peavey Predator, really weak tone coming from it, dropped a Dimarzio pickup at the bridge, amazing guitar now. It has amazing tone to go with the Amazing feel. My main axe atm is my Ibanez RGA32. It has a Zakk Wylde set up pick up wise; Emg 81 active at the neck, Emg 85 at the bridge. the wide neck makes alternate picking so much easier. Anyway, when you go to get the pick up repaired, may be instead you should get it replaced. What's in it right now?

By the way, this is the guitar I'm saving up for now, any thoughts? http://www.discountmusic.com/ProductImages/esp/Eclipse-II_VB.jpg

My main band (the progressive one) sounds kinda like if you took Between the Buried and Me's switching between crazy heavy and mellow sound and Dream Theater's complexity (obviously not exactly like their complexity...can't exactly messure up to John Petrucci at age 15...) and mixed em. Lotta fun.

As for the Emo thing, the only reason I really listen to it is because I can relate to a lot of stuff they write about (the good ones, that aren't just throwing out the "Slit my wrists" bull that everyone stereotypes.) Take for instance Silverstein, I found their stuff on Discovering the Waterfront to be gold. Beyond that I've really moved past the genre because its becoming very stale, its all auto-tune and sex now, and you take new age emo bands like Paramore, and it really is all about making money even though they won't admit it. No, real point to it. I'm more into Hardcore and Deathcore at this point. It's heavier, fun to play, and the people are real, they don't feel like they're better than you.

As for this generation, its seems like we're crazier because we're not being allowed to discuss ideas, not allowed to speak of the things we like. When we're cooped up in our rooms at night in front of a computer the least people could let us do is talk about the things we want but its usually either shot down, or not allowed. *hint hint* may be people should use this thread as an experiment to see if we can cool the hostility by letting it be about anything. May be then we'll either find the root cause of all this, or find that not all of our generation is as bad as we think.
Back to top Go down
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:40 pm

tehepicness wrote:
Dude, my first guitar was a 1994 limited edition Peavey Predator, really weak tone coming from it, dropped a Dimarzio pickup at the bridge, amazing guitar now. It has amazing tone to go with the Amazing feel. My main axe atm is my Ibanez RGA32. It has a Zakk Wylde set up pick up wise; Emg 81 active at the neck, Emg 85 at the bridge. the wide neck makes alternate picking so much easier. Anyway, when you go to get the pick up repaired, may be instead you should get it replaced. What's in it right now?

By the way, this is the guitar I'm saving up for now, any thoughts? http://www.discountmusic.com/ProductImages/esp/Eclipse-II_VB.jpg

My main band (the progressive one) sounds kinda like if you took Between the Buried and Me's switching between crazy heavy and mellow sound and Dream Theater's complexity (obviously not exactly like their complexity...can't exactly messure up to John Petrucci at age 15...) and mixed em. Lotta fun.

As for the Emo thing, the only reason I really listen to it is because I can relate to a lot of stuff they write about (the good ones, that aren't just throwing out the "Slit my wrists" bull that everyone stereotypes.) Take for instance Silverstein, I found their stuff on Discovering the Waterfront to be gold. Beyond that I've really moved past the genre because its becoming very stale, its all auto-tune and sex now, and you take new age emo bands like Paramore, and it really is all about making money even though they won't admit it. No, real point to it. I'm more into Hardcore and Deathcore at this point. It's heavier, fun to play, and the people are real, they don't feel like they're better than you.

As for this generation, its seems like we're crazier because we're not being allowed to discuss ideas, not allowed to speak of the things we like. When we're cooped up in our rooms at night in front of a computer the least people could let us do is talk about the things we want but its usually either shot down, or not allowed. *hint hint* may be people should use this thread as an experiment to see if we can cool the hostility by letting it be about anything. May be then we'll either find the root cause of all this, or find that not all of our generation is as bad as we think.
The 1st Amendment is still very much in existence. We can still speak our mind but you have to wait until you're older for people to actually listen to you.

As for speaking about anything, I'm confused as to the proper reason for doing so. Question
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Look in forums and on websites, or in public places, schools and such. People are being told what they can and can't say, or where they can or can't discuss freely. Allowing free discussion allows free flowing of ideas, and thoughts. May be the problem is that kids are feeling that they cannot express themselves and that makes them want to see violence because they are angry, so they turn to games. These young kids playing these games don't understand that this is fantasy, and that they can't be violent like this, so they, in turn, become violent. Our first amendment is actually quickly deteriorating if you hadn't noticed. Tolerance is quickly flying out the window. I don't know if you saw today but Sarah Palin was interviewed by Glenn Beck (bleh...hate him...) and she slipped up and called North Korea our allis. Lets watch the backlash on that. When the constitution was signed, anything could be said. So, even if she had meant North Korea and not South Korea, she still wouldn't have gotten in trouble. Now she blundered, and she's going to take a lot of heat for it. (though I dislike her whole heartedly so I'm slightly glad...)
Back to top Go down
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 pm

I do see what you mean but I think it would be better if I were to make another thread, because then it would be changing the direction of the whole discussion.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
RJ_Whitlock_9mm

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:25 am

That kid needs that banhammer dropped on him lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
blazingsun
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
blazingsun

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 am

I'm surprised with how a lot of the kids at my school act. It's hard to find a kid that doesn't curse on a regular basis. Much of the values that i value, such as politeness, loyalty, and intelligence, are simply disregarded by my closest friends. None of the other people at my school seem to care about them either.

No one at my school says sir or ma'am.

I feel like I can't trust anyone with information or my troubles without them backstabbing me or telling me that they only told one person who only told two other people and the chain goes on.

At school, it's ironic but true, that it's not cool to know things or to do well in an establishment that is designed to teach. I am ridiculed whenever I say anything "nerdy" or do something like play chess. I want to have an education outside of my school but people laugh at the fact that I'm reading a book about quantum mechanics (yes quantum physics and mechanics are actually two different things) or investing.

I've heard people refuse the gifted and talented program at our school which could get them that better paying job in the future because they didn't want to be set apart in the social group.

The only people who supposedly are smart in my school are the people who are letter hunters. They go for the A by coloring in an extra credit project but they don't actually learn the material. Why do people think it's uncool to not take advantage of the very thing that separates us from the rest of the things on Earth?

Another thing that kids do at my school is in fact what they don't do. No one at my school can think farther ahead then the next weekend. The four exceptions are; when the next report-card comes out, when the school year is over, when they get to drive for the first time, and what college they are going to go to. The college they're going to are decided how good the football team is or where their BFF is going.

I wish that people would open their eyes and realize that maybe life is bigger than this next weekend or what they wore at the party that they won't even remember a month later. I think that kids should go to school to learn skills that they need for the rest of their lives instead of going their to see what people that they won't remember in five years were doing last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top