13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? Empty
PostSubject: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 am

I thought this was a fun article to read, especially for everyone who can relate to having to deal with game cartridges and the funky graphics of gaming days gone by.

Enjoy.

Credit: Gameinformer. com

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/08/02/what-is-gamings-greatest-generation.aspx?PostPageIndex=1
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 am

I'd say the 3rd Gen which got 3D games into existance. I played a few 3D games in that era.

Last edited by thebronxbomber on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:12 pm

a lot of the red rings of death have been fixed with newer models as far as i know. mine is probably going to crash now that i said that. dammit.

i remember all of those systems and played on them all. they left out atari, calico vision, etc. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm

If you believe in the "S" curve, it's the young kids just starting to play, that will take gaming to levels we never thought of. Such is the case with the evolution any technology and it's integration into society.
Back to top Go down
LostCaptain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
LostCaptain

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 pm

The next 10 years are gonna be in my opinion the best age of gaming, maybe 10-20.
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 pm

It's going to be very interesting to see where gaming will be in 10 years.

Will "consoles" even exist? Maybe the gaming experience will have developed so rapidly that you could be inside the game itself not just a 3rd party bystander mashing buttons.

I grew up on the original Nintendo system playing Duck Hunt and Sharpshooter so seeing all this take place before my eyes is incredible.
Back to top Go down
LostCaptain
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
LostCaptain

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 pm

OMFG ITS NOT JUST 3D, ITS 2D, 3D AND 4D!!!! 4d being the dimension of time, and so it will take place in REAL TIME!! A SWORD FIGHT COULD LAST LIKE 5 HOURS INSTEAD OF AROUND 2 MINUTES!!!!!OMFGOMGFOMFGOMFGOMFG AND YOU COULD SWING A REAL SWORD!!! AHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PaddieBear
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
PaddieBear

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 am

LostCaptain wrote:
OMFG ITS NOT JUST 3D, ITS 2D, 3D AND 4D!!!! 4d being the dimension of time, and so it will take place in REAL TIME!! A SWORD FIGHT COULD LAST LIKE 5 HOURS INSTEAD OF AROUND 2 MINUTES!!!!!OMFGOMGFOMFGOMFGOMFG AND YOU COULD SWING A REAL SWORD!!! AHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!

It isn't as good as it seems, for one sword fight to last 5 hours and someone who plays it alot could waster alot of their life on that game..dimension of time? Shocked ummm....no sorry that would not even be possible, technology cannot do something like that.

Also the unrealism of a 5 hour long fight would be quite a dumb idea.

Not to be rude, just pointing out how illogical I find that to be.

I think the greatest gaming generation is the generation that brought back gaming. NES! Yes without NES none of these other gaming gens would have ever existed so I find that by far the greatest gaming generation.
Back to top Go down
Ognoig
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ognoig

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 am

I think this generation is. Yes, its important to remember the old ones that started it, but there is a shining light up ahead. Not only are the games being released now amazing and has a very strong furture, but the kids inspired by this will make even better games, like, projekt3000 said, being inside the games! heck, even xbox kinnect is a small-but mighty-step in the right direction. And of course, dont forget the FPS's and LBP's Razz
Back to top Go down
Vattu
Corporal
Corporal
Vattu

PostSubject: Re: What is Gaming's Greatest Generation?   What is Gaming's Greatest Generation? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 am

I like good NES games like Contra and Super Mario Bros.
I don't like how it is today when there is no challenge in some games. But Call of Duty's are fun, you should try it in Veteran or whatever is the hardest difficulty. And the games cost like 60€/$ on launch day but it's single player mode is only 10 hours.

Also I like Guitar Hero games that are just skill games and you can start playing immediately. Then on this holiday there is going come Rock Band 3 where you can play with real instruments (I have keyboard already, YEAH).

Also I don't like console multiplayers other than those GH's and RB's. Local split screen Co-Op is my favorite.

Then I downloaded Contra trial on Xbox and it was not even like the NES version!

I think this came in some PS2 DVD: