13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Arondeslo wrote:
This topic, i agree with, Our world is compromised of many young individuals who do things they are not meant to do. Our world and society changes over time. Children learn things everyday, but not the things not meant to them. Our society has let them known what is what now. Video Games have ratings for a reason, im guessing its just the parents don't know anything. I know when I have a child, I know what I will allow him to learn, and slowly let him learn the rest in time. Many parents just tell the children the things they weren't meant to know yet. Or they dont know that they are. When I play Video Games, it would usually be a shooter/ War simulator, I play them not for the enjoyment of annihilating the enemies on the other side, i see it more as a simulation of being a real soldier under fire, thinking about honor and discipline (and some jokes ^^). But anyways, im guessing kids who play games like these just like the destructive pleasure of killing. which is bad. (in my case)
Also on the case of young adults doing things like smoking, drinking, losing virginity. I made a promise to myself to never drink or have sex until the right time, and i vowed myself to never smoke, because it was the reason I have no grandparents anymore... I wish many others had my values and knowledge, but sadly it is hard to feed a mouth that bites back at you..

WOOHOO! I'm straight-edge! No drugs or alcohol ever! And no sex till I'm at least 18...you have no idea how hard it is to follow the straight-edge code, but it really pays off in the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terminal-Addiction/118413301551914
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm

tehepicness wrote:
Arondeslo wrote:
This topic, i agree with, Our world is compromised of many young individuals who do things they are not meant to do. Our world and society changes over time. Children learn things everyday, but not the things not meant to them. Our society has let them known what is what now. Video Games have ratings for a reason, im guessing its just the parents don't know anything. I know when I have a child, I know what I will allow him to learn, and slowly let him learn the rest in time. Many parents just tell the children the things they weren't meant to know yet. Or they dont know that they are. When I play Video Games, it would usually be a shooter/ War simulator, I play them not for the enjoyment of annihilating the enemies on the other side, i see it more as a simulation of being a real soldier under fire, thinking about honor and discipline (and some jokes ^^). But anyways, im guessing kids who play games like these just like the destructive pleasure of killing. which is bad. (in my case)
Also on the case of young adults doing things like smoking, drinking, losing virginity. I made a promise to myself to never drink or have sex until the right time, and i vowed myself to never smoke, because it was the reason I have no grandparents anymore... I wish many others had my values and knowledge, but sadly it is hard to feed a mouth that bites back at you..

WOOHOO! I'm straight-edge! No drugs or alcohol ever! And no sex till I'm at least 18...you have no idea how hard it is to follow the straight-edge code, but it really pays off in the end.

Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 pm

muchosmerc wrote:
I think it's because of Jews and their Liberal agenda.

I hope you're joking...
Back to top Go down
DcsChick
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
DcsChick

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 pm

I blame all of this on CPS, a lot of these government agencies, in the United States, at least have stepped in and made it hard to teach children the right thing to do. There are also a lot of families without fathers that contributes to this. I use to work with children, at one point i enjoyed it, but some of them just got so out of hand that it just became too much to deal with, I decided i was going to take a break from it and get into schooling rather than daycare. I had enough of children telling me things like F*** off and hitting me and parents not even caring or doing anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:18 am

DcsChick wrote:
I blame all of this on CPS, a lot of these government agencies, in the United States, at least have stepped in and made it hard to teach children the right thing to do. There are also a lot of families without fathers that contributes to this. I use to work with children, at one point i enjoyed it, but some of them just got so out of hand that it just became too much to deal with, I decided i was going to take a break from it and get into schooling rather than daycare. I had enough of children telling me things like F*** off and hitting me and parents not even caring or doing anything about it.
This post reminds me of what happened a couple weeks ago.

I was in P.E out running at the track and some little pre-k'ers were coming out to run. A friend of mine was going to be funny and go up to one of the little kids and say "Give me yo toast." (He was kinda big and he had a deep voice so it was hilarious). When he finally told a kid that he replied "Fucking hoe." It was kinda funny at the moment but looking back at it I wonder how that little five year old knew that language and found it necessary to say it to random people.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:56 am

muchosmerc wrote:
I think it's because of Jews and their Liberal agenda.

I hope you were joking :/. I am actually Jewish so hopefully you were joking
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Sorry for the confusion, It's my sense of humour. It's not what I believe personally but I state insane things like that to ridicule the people who do believe that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 pm

Lol I figured, I just like takin stuff outa context ;P
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
TheGuitarhead
Corporal
Corporal
TheGuitarhead

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Heh, hi, people. I'm gonna dredge up a topic from the first page - namely, the influence of music on kids.

I'm a musician myself - I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, and I sing. (Well, that's a debatable point...lol). I also write 99% of the lyrics for my band. I know what I write can have an impact on people - durrrrrrrr that's why I write it, to mean something.

Personally, I've been listening to metal in all its permutations since I was about 11. Venom, Impaled Nazarene, Iced Earth, Slipknot, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, whatever. The first two are pretty freaking brutal, actually, but I'm still a relatively normal person at age 20. Again, debatable point.

I think it's more a choice the listener makes - and dependent upon their strength of will and common sense. You can look at it as exactly what it is - music to be enjoyed, whether you're like me and you pay close attention to all the layers and complexities of the music and lyrics, and that's what you like...or whether you're like me before I started playing music myself, and just like the damn sounds.

Or you can look at it as the Voice of (Insert Deity Here) telling you what to do and who to be. Which is bloody stupid.

On the topic of those wannabe gangstas...I see it here, all the time. My ex girlfriend had the best response to that, ever, period. One of them was making fun of some lil' dude, maybe like 6, on the bus cause he had a pokemon shirt on or something. My ex added in, "...says the guy wearing silver pyjamas in public."

I had to stand up (I'm kinda intimidating looking in my leather coat and hat and stuff) to make him back down, but every single person on the bus was laughing at him. Best. Moment. Ever.

So I'm bored as hell, sitting here waiting for someone to review my BC test...waaaaaah.
Back to top Go down
Disturbed One
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Disturbed One

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:29 pm

TheGuitarhead wrote:
Heh, hi, people. I'm gonna dredge up a topic from the first page - namely, the influence of music on kids.

I'm a musician myself - I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, and I sing. (Well, that's a debatable point...lol). I also write 99% of the lyrics for my band. I know what I write can have an impact on people - durrrrrrrr that's why I write it, to mean something.

Personally, I've been listening to metal in all its permutations since I was about 11. Venom, Impaled Nazarene, Iced Earth, Slipknot, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, whatever. The first two are pretty freaking brutal, actually, but I'm still a relatively normal person at age 20. Again, debatable point.

I think it's more a choice the listener makes - and dependent upon their strength of will and common sense. You can look at it as exactly what it is - music to be enjoyed, whether you're like me and you pay close attention to all the layers and complexities of the music and lyrics, and that's what you like...or whether you're like me before I started playing music myself, and just like the damn sounds.

Or you can look at it as the Voice of (Insert Deity Here) telling you what to do and who to be. Which is bloody stupid.

On the topic of those wannabe gangstas...I see it here, all the time. My ex girlfriend had the best response to that, ever, period. One of them was making fun of some lil' dude, maybe like 6, on the bus cause he had a pokemon shirt on or something. My ex added in, "...says the guy wearing silver pyjamas in public."

I had to stand up (I'm kinda intimidating looking in my leather coat and hat and stuff) to make him back down, but every single person on the bus was laughing at him. Best. Moment. Ever.

So I'm bored as hell, sitting here waiting for someone to review my BC test...waaaaaah.
I bet it was. Mostly it's the parents' fault for the way their child develops. If you let your kid play super violent video games all day from the age of 5, then something is definitely wrong. Just like if you let your kid roam the neighborhood since he/she was 5-7, then they're most likely to come in contact with drugs and gangs.

The reason I came out right is because my parents set boundaries. Like how late I'm able to stay up and how much I can sleep during the day, as sleeping too much can mess up your sleeping cycle. I haven't had any energy drink, ever, in my entire life. I've had a sip or two but not like half a can. I seldom eat candy because all it has is sugar and (can) makes you hyper.

The reason kids grow up to be bad is peer pressure, plain and simple. If you don't give to peer pressure than you're the "mama's boy" or the "nerd". I give into certain things, but not all and I show that I want to do that and it's not my parents controlling me.

Just like the wannabe gangsters, they're the people that try to act cool because they want to fit in. About 60% of the kids in my grade are wannabe gangsters. They say the 'N' word on a daily basis, they say things like "I'm beasting" and "Like a mug" which makes them sound like babbling idiots.

The main reason some people aren't complete a**s and some are is because of how strong their mind is. If they allow all violence to be absorbed into their brain, then that's what they'll grow up like. When the human brain isn't fully developed it takes all information it can get and absorbs it. That's why when little kids play a bad video game they grow up to be like that.

I could go on and on about it but I'm just gonna end it there.

EDIT: On a musical note, look at my avatar Wink
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:37 pm

TheGuitarhead wrote:

You listened to venom at age 11?...I wish my parents were as cool as yours XD

I love any type of heavy music (ranging from screamo to blackened Death metal) and I know a fairly good bit about metal, and if you ever wanna talk music I'm up dude. Very Happy

I'm in a couple of bands atm. 1 that plays nu-metal kinda on the mushroom head side (don't really like it....) and one that plays on the metalcore/progressive metal side (LOVE IT) Our lead guitarist Devin is shredding behind me as I type this Razz

But I've never felt that heavy music was all that bad an influence. Obviously, there are some bands that fall into that category that could be a bad influence, but a lot of it has helped me through my life more than hindering me. I'm into a lot of Hardcore bands like Hatebreed or Agnostic Front, and just because of the names, or because they are loud and yell a lot, people call them evil. Infact, they write a lot of music about getting over personal struggles and finding hope. I don't think a lot of music is really all that bad an influence, as far as Metal and such goes at least. Can't speak for rap...and did you know the Country Music genre has the highest suicide rate? suck that emo haters XD.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm too mellow to listen to metal Razz
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Any type of music is soothing actually.

But yes i can understand you not liking metal...but it you like slow stuff you might like Sludge metal, or stoner metal, or drone metal...so many types of metal.
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 pm

I just like simple calming music, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, The Beatles.

Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:11 pm

From the youtube vid:
"I want chocolate milk! You b****! I'd like some F***ing chocholate milk! BRING ME SOME MOTHERF**KING CHOCOLATE MILK! THATS BULL*. GIVE ME F**KING CHOCOLATE MILK B****!"

That kid has some serious problems. I mean I know kids with anger management problems but that is just scary. I agree, this generation has some serious problems.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
From the youtube vid:
"I want chocolate milk! You b****! I'd like some F***ing chocholate milk! BRING ME SOME MOTHERF**KING CHOCOLATE MILK! THATS BULL*. GIVE ME F**KING CHOCOLATE MILK B****!"

That kid has some serious problems. I mean I know kids with anger management problems but that is just scary. I agree, this generation has some serious problems.

EDIT: Music has very little influence on this. Music is a way to express opinions not to try to get other people to scream exact words too. On the other hand, TV and Video Games influence the most on kids and young teens. Also, school is a MAGNET for curse words, violence, drugs, bullying and much more. Most adults don't realize this. It needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
From the youtube vid:

EDIT: Music has very little influence on this. Music is a way to express opinions not to try to get other people to scream exact words too. On the other hand, TV and Video Games influence the most on kids and young teens. Also, school is a MAGNET for curse words, violence, drugs, bullying and much more. Most adults don't realize this. It needs to be fixed.

Thank You!

Music you hear people say it but they never tell you its alright to say it. where as when you see it in a game or show it gives off the impression that its alright.
Back to top Go down
FTMBrushFire
Site Member
FTMBrushFire

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

muchosmerc wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, It's my sense of humour. It's not what I believe personally but I state insane things like that to ridicule the people who do believe that sort of thing.
It's called having a "dry sense of humor, much like myself. Thus, all the smilies and "jk"s in my posts. Can't have some people misinterpret some of my more racist remarks.

just saying....
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:31 pm

FTMBrushFire wrote:
muchosmerc wrote:
It's called having a "dry sense of humor, much like myself. Thus, all the smilies and "jk"s in my posts. Can't have some people misinterpret some of my more racist remarks.

just saying....

Lol when its for a joke its "politically incorrect" when its out of hate its "Racism"

When its for a joke people shouldn't get offended. Its like I told him earlier, I didn't really think he was taking a shot at the Jews, I just like takin stuff outa context.
Back to top Go down
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm

muchosmerc wrote:

I doent know but it seemd alot of people "sense of humor is that" it is alway like "why is the econemy bad, blame the jews" or either something like "i hade a bad day, probally cause of jews" its just i doent understand is just why jews to blame over anyone else, just why?
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:36 pm

they have a lot to do with money. Many Jews become Accountants and Bankers and such. But just as many do other things.
Back to top Go down
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I was just using it as an example people just use jew for the reason anything is bad
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:43 pm

BragCargo63 wrote:
I was just using it as an example people just use jew for the reason anything is bad

All middle easterns get put into terrorist jokes, not all middle easterns are terrorists.

All terrorists usually get dropped into middle eastern jokes, not all terrorists are middle easterns.
Back to top Go down
BragCargo63
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BragCargo63

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Again Yes people just do S**** like that when there is no reason for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...   The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Majority of This Generation is Going Down the Drain...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top