13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BuJeeran
Corporal
Corporal
BuJeeran

building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) Empty
PostSubject: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) 14n08hy

Well thats the build im gonna get to upgrade my pos computer that i use right now with Pentium 4 and im pretty sure im gonna feel a huge difference with this. Since i just wanna play pc games on normal/medium is this good enough? or are the stuff i got too much and the case has 4 fans so is the liquid cooling needed or can i go for a normal heat sink? also is there a noticeable difference between the gtx 560 and the gtx 460? Finally is this case any good lol the only reason i got it is because ive seen alot of custom builds with it so i assumed it was the best one but its huge so if theres any other cases that are good let me know :p

who knows I might also switch to pc gaming since planetside 2 is coming out soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

PostSubject: Re: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:04 am

Lol, comes with NBA2K11.

You say you want to play PC games on Normal or Medium visual performance? Sir, I do believe that this would be able to play on High for sure! The GTX 560 is a wonderful card for its price, but no, there is almost no difference between the 560 and 460 whatsoever. The case depends on your preference, obviously you have to fit the components inside of it, but how large it is may be completely your choice.

And as for the liquid cooling, it is helpful. If you're the type of person who can't stand the constant whir of your PC by your desk, then liquid cooling will surely fix that. It also helps with improving your PC's speed as well, keeping the temperature below recommended °C, and therefore allowing the CPU to function beyond it's standard capabilities. Although liquid cooling is generally used for overclocking (basically supercharging), it is really gratifying for the run of the mill PC gamer to know they have an uber-charged beast lurking at their fingertips.

I have a few suggestions on cases, however the style choice is entirely up to you. Personally, I like the look of the Alienware.

Cases (all on Newegg): Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower, NZXT Phantom Black Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower, and the Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 am

I'd agree with the NZXT Phantom on the cases.

You should easily be able to run games on at least high, let alone medium.

I think to cut on cost, you could get an AMD GPU. The only GPUs that you can't get an as powerful equivalent of are the gtx 680 and gtx 690 really. All other AMDs can match Nvidia, and usually for a heck of a lot less money.

EDIT:

Just seen that you might need a large case to fit the 560 in, if you decide to get it. The NZXT has a removable hard drive cage, which makes room for larger GPUs
Back to top Go down
SuicidalChair
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm

imo if your looking for bang for your buck, go with a coolermaster case and save yourself $100 plus they are amazing for cable managment.

next I'd personally go with a gigabyte AM3+ mobo and an FX processor (FX-8120 8 core processor that beats the I7 in multithreading but cheaper then the I5 and its easy to OC)

and I'd go with a amd HD 6950 (for about $260) which runs BF3 on high - ultra settings easy

next I'd go with the all time favorite rip jaws for ram, and there is no way your using 16GB of ram unless your virtualizng 10 servers while playing battlefield 3 at the same time.

ditch the water cooler and buy a coolermaster V8 and overclock the 8 core processor to 4.5Ghz if you want, I had mine OC'd to 4Ghz on stock cooler (it comes with a huge stock cooler)

but this is just my opinion, and it saves you like $300 for a more powerful rig imo.
Back to top Go down
SuicidalChair
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

here, I built you a better computer (minus the 8gb of ram because your wasting money on it)
and I saved you almost $400

if you wanted this machine to FLY you could use the extra $400 on a SSD and HDD
install windows on the SSD and boot that baby up in 7 seconds.

building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) Cheaprig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)   building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?) Empty

Back to top Go down

building a pc for the first time (is this a good build?)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top