13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Hey does anyone know a good laptop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

Hey does anyone know a good laptop? Empty
PostSubject: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey does anyone know a good laptop under 400$ that has a good processor and graphics card ideal for playing BFH??
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:17 pm

BFH doesn't need that good of a Laptop, you probably need just a Nvidia GeForce Series 9 Graphics Card for everything max. But laptops have a low resolution, so maybe just a 8 Series to have good game play from Low to High. The more cores the processor has, the better. But keep in mind some of the good games out there aren't meant for more than 1 CPU(core). If its dual core, there is a Dual Core Optimizer that you can download off the internet. I have Quad Core, so can't do anything about it :/
BFH will probably the highest you will get with under $400, as long as your not wanting to play Crysis on Ultra High.

I researched a bit, and found this laptop. Luckily it is a Single Core. It also has a great 2 GB RAM and its a Genuine Vista, like mine. Genuine means that you can download LOADS of free stuff only for Genuine OS on the Microsoft Website. Some of those LOADS are actually great games by Microsoft. The laptop is $399, right under your budget. It will end up a bit over $400 plus shipping, but this is the probably the best computer you will get for that price. It'll be OK for gaming, awesome for BFH.
It is a Dell Inspiron 15 Series. Here are the specs:

Computer:
  • Intel®️ Celeron®️ 900 (1MB cache/2.20GHz/800Mhz FSB)
  • Genuine Windows Vista®️ Home Basic Edition SP1
    Combo or DVD or CD Drive:
  • 8X CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
    Memory(RAM)
  • 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
    Hard Drive:
  • 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
    Video Card(Graphics Card)
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
    Sound Output:
  • High Definition Audio 2.0
    Wireless Networking Cards:
  • Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini-Card
    Battery Options:
  • 4 Cell Battery
    Hardware Support Services:
  • 1 Yr Ltd Warranty, 1 Yr Mail-in Service, and 1 Yr Tech Support
    Screen:
  • 16:9 Ratio,15.6" screen diagonal measure.

Here is the link for it. Scroll down to a little above the middle of the screen, and look at the Inspiron 15: Base Package. Then click the green Buy Now button. If you don't want to do that, they probably have it in stores, so no shipping cost. This computer is popular because of the great performance compared to the low, affordable price. I advise you to buy this computer. If I find another one on the internet, I'll tell you. But I highly doubt it, this is the best you can get for the great price!
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Hey thanks, but my mom used to have vista and she said it wasn't that good, so I'm more of an xp guy. I'll take a look anyway though. Thanks Endrane.
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Ok lol shoulda mentioned that. To advise you, you will not be seeing many more XPs around. Vista is starting to take control with many bugs taken out with Service Pack 2 just released. I just started the BF2 Demo and it crashed, a window instantly popped up and gave advise on how to not make it crash. Gave links to site for download for that bug. I think Vista likes Battlefield 2. If you still don't want it. If you still have that XP OS disk, its suppose to come with your computer. If so, just buy that laptop and pop in the disk, install, and reboot. Its an XP with 2GB RAM, hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 pm

hehe thanks endrane. But I'm basically just researching right now. I'm sorta short on money, so not buying anything yet.
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I've got a 1 year old Toshiba Satellite L305D, AMD Turion x2 64b Processor, 4gb ram, and an ATI Radeon x1250 Graphics card, all my specs are decent except for my graphics card which is mediocre, but it can play some decent games
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
PwnsteR
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:18 pm

CaptEdster wrote:
Hey does anyone know a good laptop under 400$ that has a good processor and graphics card ideal for playing BFH??
In my opinion I think that u should only get a laptop if u travel alot. I use a home computer for all tasks but thats just me Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey does anyone know a good laptop?   Hey does anyone know a good laptop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey does anyone know a good laptop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top