13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:33 am

Ok so i decided to make this guide because i think it will be much easier to post it here on the forums than to tell people how to do it individually. Oh yeah, and before we start, make sure you have 30 mins.
Brace yourselves, here we go Smile

Sections:

1. Battlefield 3
-1.1 Settings

2. Fraps
-2.1 Downloading Fraps
-2.2 Installing Fraps
-2.3 Setting up Fraps
-2.4 Recording the video

3. WinFF
-3.1 Downloading WinFF
-3.2 Installing WinFF
-3.3 Converting the video

4. Uploading your videos

1. Battlefield 3

For the videos to look good, and the whole operation professional, everyone must have the same settings. Take a look at this picture and copy the settings from it. Also when having these settings, you must maintain at least 30 fps (Frames per second) while recording with fraps, since the video will be at 30 fps.

Settings:
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  USwAp

Why those settings?
Because the video will be 1280x720 (HD) and those settings have probably the best performance/graphics balance so far.

Why not 1920x1080?
Because not everyone has the 1920x1080 monitor, and you need pretty good PC for recording full size 1920x1080 video with Fraps

___________________________________________________________________________________

2. Fraps

Fraps is video recording software used to record live gameplay. You will need it since everyone will record.

To download Fraps, just click on this link, and start the download: http://www.mediafire.com/?6580k94bn44b0ad

Once you download it just run the setup and install it like any other application.

Start Fraps and you'll see "Movies" tab, click on it and the first thing you need to do is to change the folder where the clips are going to be saved. This is very important, and make sure you make an empty folder on the partition where you have the most space left because Fraps 30 second video takes about 700 mb.
Once you do this, copy the rest of the settings from this image and its make sure you copy the settings exactly how they are on the image so everyone's recording looks the same, like all of it was recorded on the same computer.
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  GVUl4

Start up the game while running Fraps and you should see the yellow numbers in the right corner that change very often. Those numbers are the amount of frames per second your computer is currently displaying. If they are not there, you probably hid them. To show them up just press F12 couple of times until you are able to see them. If that doesn't work, there is something wrong with Fraps and the game, and i can't help you. Also, you won't be able to record if you can't see the numbers. Now finally, press F9 to start recording, also known as "Video capture hotkey". You should now see that the numbers are turning red. That means you are currently recording and the movie files are located in the folder you created earlier on the partition that has the most space left. To stop recording, press F9 again.

___________________________________________________________________________________

3. WinFF

WinFF is used to convert the any kind of video files. I tested it myself and it converted 700mb video into 16.3mb video with minimal quality loss. I think it's the best video converter so far looking at size/quality balance and it's totally free.

[color=yellow-3.1[/color]
To download WinFF just click on this link:
http://winff.googlecode.com/files/winff-1.4.0-setup.exe

Again, install it like any other application

To insert a video to convert, just click that green, plus button that says "Add". Open up a video and it should show up in the queue. By default "Output Details" tab will be selected. From "Convert to" drop down menu, select "MPEG-4". From "Preset" drop down menu select "MPEG-4 H.264 video (super high quality)". Select the output folder and click "Convert"
[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  X2c2E

4. Uploading the videos

The site i chose for this kind of thing is FilesMall.com
It has 500 mb max file size which i think is more than enough, since fraps splits the video into separate files every 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
I already created account for this, so everyone should upload their videos here titled by their name to know who recorded what. For example if my nickname is "Jeff" then the files would be named: "Jeff_01.mp4", "Jeff_02.mp4" and so on.
Account for this site:
Username: 13thmeu
Password: 13thmeuvideostorage

So that's the end of our guide and Ihope you people will read this, and find this useful. I worked really hard for this guide.
Let me know what you think Smile
Back to top Go down
Damonavril
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:34 am

I love you.
Back to top Go down
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:44 am

Damonavril wrote:
I love you.
Smile
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:46 am

3 Step.

Edit captured videos with video editing program, and then render them, 5 mins videos will take about more or less 150-200 MB at 720p Smile

Why 50 FPS? 60 FTW

Back to top Go down
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am

samanaslt wrote:
3 Step.

Edit captured videos with video editing program, and then render them, 5 mins videos will take about more or less 150-200 MB at 720p Smile

Why 50 FPS? 60 FTW

Doesn't matter, select anything above 30fps. I selected 50 fps because it takes less space on the hard drive. And no way that Sony Vegas rendering is better than WinFF, because WinFF uses CMD scripts if you know what i am talking about Smile
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Nice write up Phantom, and what? No 1080HD? WHAT? lol... I understand though. But, how is it that 50 fps takes less space than 30? It's more than 1.5 times the information. More frames per seconds = more space used.

Anyhow. There are some other converters out there if you don't end up liking WinFF. I've heard Format factory is good. But I don't like the name "format". Sounds like it's to wipe out my hard drive.

Also two things. TO remove the HUD
Type: ` (the key above the tab key)

UI.DrawEnable 0 - to disable HUD.

UI.DrawEnable 1 - to re-enable HUD.

To remove the gun, select the PDW then hit one of the chat keys. You gun will go into a "rest" position, but you will not be able to move until you cancel the chat.
Back to top Go down
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm

I know how to remove gun completely and move with no gun, and btw..
everyone must use WinFF because every video must have the same quality, since it will look unprofessional when people convert on their own with their own random converters. I think that this one works just fine, and we should stick to it
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Haha, the removing the gin was for those that didn't know phantom. I agree keeping the codecs the same but mp4 is mp4.
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:19 pm

pH4nT0m wrote:
samanaslt wrote:
3 Step.

Why 50 FPS? 60 FTW

Doesn't matter, select anything above 30fps. I selected 50 fps because it takes less space on the hard drive. And no way that Sony Vegas rendering is better than WinFF, because WinFF uses CMD scripts if you know what i am talking about Smile

60 FPS... I like that standard more Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine    [GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine  Empty

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Recording, converting and uploading videos for OP Guillotine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top