13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 Empty
PostSubject: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Alright, we've had some time to digest the maps and see the intracacies of them so its time to start compiling our notes and work on some strategies.

Hill 137:
Zone 1: Attacking is an uphill battle, however from the attackers spawn you can trudge up a tunnel and turn left to find yourself not far from Mcomm Bravo. If the PBR's are doing a good job of distracting you can sneak in by jumping over some boulders running in and arming. Set up defensive positions to keep it armed. Pushing to A can be done multiple ways, I find myself pushing up the far right side after jumping from the PBR and moving through the trees. Note: you have to cross in front of the enemies spawn, so be careful.

Zone 2 (The burning ascent): Mcomm A is the easiest to get to by running up the right side and hiding in the brush to defend it after arming. Bravo is in a tunnel where flamethrowers can be quite devistating. I've also seen the jeep with the MG mounted on it rush in there to defend it once armed. Moving through the tunnel on the left side from zone 1 is a quick way to get to the Mcomm, although it can be defended quite well.

Zone 3 (A turtle's heaven): Both Mcomms are situated on 2 seperate hills with fortifing walls. There is three approaches to each and to get these successfully either requires a blitz attack to get in and defend or a well coordinated attack to emtpy out the defenders. Note: these two can and have been held successfully many times by a squad of zombies, so a partial breach is a no breach. Once inside there are several places in each to set up a defensive position to mow down the defenders as they attempt to disarm. For the most part once its lit, the defense will have a very hard time disarming it.

Defending Zone 1:
A group of engineers on the beach head handling the PBR's is paramount. Also a squad of assault/medics posting up on the hill by Bravo is can fend off any attackers from the tunnel. Note it is possible to jump over the top rock and get behind the attackers to get a few quick knife kills, however you are out of bounds so get back quick. The middle territory is a no mans land, because the attacking teams snipers can pick you off with ease, if not mortar strike you to death.

Zone 2:
Post a sniper or two on the far left side with their scopes on the tunnel leading from zone 1. Also a good idea to line it with TNT. Another effective technique is to post an assault or two on the ledge just outside the tunnel exit to mow down anyone who comes out. Defend the right approach with a medic and assault team. Engineers should mine the main road up and the side paths as well to prevent the tank and jeep from approaching. Assault and medics should guard the left approach line too. Recon can post up at the top to spot and take out targets of opportunity. The middle ground is a no mans land, however it is possible to move up through it.

Zone 3: There are two techniques here that can work. The turtle can be use with awesome results and is effective if you are getting rolled and lose one of the Mcomms quickly. 4-6 medics inside the walls reviving and healing each other can hold the Mcomm. The other should spread out outside the walls to kill who they can on the approaches. It is also important for the engineers to lay mines to prevent the tank from rolling up in there on you.

More maps to come. What are your thoughts on Hill 137??
Back to top Go down
Rob237
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:15 pm

I love zone 3 defense. Medics and assaults with flame throwers and EXPLMK2 can make the last MCOM almost impossible to take. We had one round with about 7 13 guys sitting on defense on the last MCOM almost all medics and flamers Very Happy we absolutely destroyed the incoming people.

Zone 2 defense on Bravo I believe (the one in the tunnel) this same defense technique works pretty well too. Certainly causes frustration and confusion. 4 flamers going in the tunnel at once and nobody can see anything and enemies die up quick. I guess this tactic doesn't work too well in hardcore mode, but it's pretty effective on normal.
Back to top Go down
Rob237
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 am

UPDATE....new attack strategy for 137, zone 2. I can't remember who did this the other night, but get the alt weapon for the tank, roll up to Bravo and drive into the tunnel on the right hand side next to the MCOM. the tank actually fits inside and you have ENORMOUS firepower to guard Bravo with. Just make sure you have people to watch your rear for TNT.
Back to top Go down
Jaguar
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Nice tips Rob. I personally like this map for the excessive flanking I can do. I get a lot of tags in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 am

I would like to add a small tip onto zone one.

Zone 1: I can't stress enough on how important the PBR's are, Tiger did an excellent job of mentioning them but I would like to add on to what their main purpose is. The PBR's only need a driver and a single gunner working the front gun. The front gun has more turning capabilities and it has more firepower. The PBR's prove to be an excellent way to surpress the enemy moving toward the A MCOMM. Putting constant fire on the trenches and the shoreline to surpress the threat of RPG's and snipers is crucial. The PBR can be proven useful on almost any map it spawns on. So, USE THE PBR's TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:45 am

Also, another strategy I have for Vietnam is what I call the circle of fire.
Basically if you have an M-COM that has a limited number of entrances, get squad of assaults and medics all with flamethrowers and as the M-COM is armed(i.e your attacking) torch all entrances to that bad boy till the M-COM is destroyed, chances are not too many enemy will run right into and go for a kill if they do so they will more than likely bleed out from the flames, if some do manage to get a kill on you before you torch them you can have squad mate quickly revive you if his entrance he is covering has no engagement.
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 am

Nuk3b00stKi113r wrote:
Also, another strategy I have for Vietnam is what I call the circle of fire.
Basically if you have an M-COM that has a limited number of entrances, get squad of assaults and medics all with flamethrowers and as the M-COM is armed(i.e your attacking) torch all entrances to that bad boy till the M-COM is destroyed, chances are not too many enemy will run right into and go for a kill if they do so they will more than likely bleed out from the flames, if some do manage to get a kill on you before you torch them you can have squad mate quickly revive you if his entrance he is covering has no engagement.
That actually sounds very effective, nice tip Nuk3.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:53 am

Someone in the party I was in when we did this said its similar to smoke, provides some minimal concealment and just confusion
Back to top Go down
In7aaKe
Private
Private
In7aaKe

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 am

Nuk3b00stKi113r wrote:
Someone in the party I was in when we did this said its similar to smoke, provides some minimal concealment and just confusion
I guess we will have to give it a shot next time we play then.
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:28 am

i use smoke on bf2 as it is effective to confuse the enemies
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137   Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attacking/Defensive Strategies for Hill 137

View previous topic View next topic Back to top