13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Chapters 5-7 of my story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

Chapters 5-7 of my story Empty
PostSubject: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:21 pm

previous chapters:
http://www.13thmeu.org/off-topic-f9/my-story-t2903.htm
right then guys here chapters 5-7 of the sect of cranas. tell me what you think and enjoy
Praise for sect of cranas:
SuperShocky: The idea is good, the way you have written it really made me feel involved and imagine the surroundings - especially the description about Time Square!
Chapter 5
11:00 p.m. 9th February 2012
Nathan was exhausted. He’d been training for two hours, and every part of him ached. First there were fire-arms with Ellis, which wasn’t too bad, until he tried to dismantle a glock pistol. He lost one screw and part of the trigger so couldn’t rebuild the gun completely. Explosives class was good, but Jack constantly drifted off into a story, which explained why Ellis called him Mad Jack. But then there was CQB training. He could tell Emily was siganlling him out from the group. When she was demonstrating the moves, she always picked Nathan. And when they were told to go into pairs, Emily always made him her partner, and she didn’t go easily. When they were told to go to their rooms, he was relieved. As soon as he got to his room, he lay down on the bed and closed eyes.
Nathan must have dosed off, because he had another dream. This time he was looking through the eyes of…… someone. He saw a battlefield strewn with bodies, half of them were human and half of them were horrible, vicious looking creatures, but the battle wasn’t over. He saw thousands of creatures and tens of thousands of humans. That’s when he worked it out. The creatures were demons, and this event must have been the Banishing, the event that Loki told him and the other trainees. Then he was right in the middle of the battle, swinging his sword, lopping off heads and limbs. That’s when he felt the demon rake it’s claws down his back.
Nathan woke with a start. He looked around him, not recognizing his surroundings. That’s when he remembered that day’s events and the voice over the loudspeaker. ‘All personnel go to the main entrance for immediate briefing, this is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill.’ Nathan got out of his bed, grabbed his equipment which had been issued to him by Ellis, an ak47 assault with seven magazines, a 9mm 92fs pistol with 4 magazines, 4 frag grenades and a knife. He ran to the main entrance to the compound in the warehouse district and saw everyone else waiting for Loki. He saw Adam and stood next to him. He had made friends with Adam during fire-arms training. Nathan asked ‘what’s going on?’ ‘Dunno’ replied Adam ‘probably a demon sighting’ ‘great, first day and already we’re being thrown in the deep end.’ He saw Loki walk out from one of the buildings and stand at the front of the group. He said ‘everyone listen up. We’ve got a small pack demons moving through Times Square. We have to move in and eliminate them before the police show up and start firing on us and the demons. Now, because of the recent curfews, we’ve some breathing space in terms of civi casualties, so if anything moves out there, kill it.’ The curfews Loki was talking about were caused by a bombing on the midnight of December 31st 2011, when a terrorist somehow managed to get his car into the middle of a crowd in Times Square and detonated, killing 80 civilians and himself in the process. Loki kept talking. ‘Remember, you’ve got new recruits among you tonight, so if you see one, try to help them out. Now everyone, get to your assigned squad leaders and move out.’ The courtyard in front of the entrance became a hive of activity, as the sect members made their way to their squad leaders. All the new recruits were assigned to Jack, who immediately started jabbering to the recruit nearest to him, a rather nervous looking girl, who, whilst talking to Jack began to look more nervous. When Jack noticed this, he started reassuring her, saying everything was going to ok, and that he’ll help her if needed. ‘God, she’s attractive.’ Adam had somehow sneaked up beside Nathan without him noticing. ‘Don’t try Adam, okay? You don’t even know her name.’ Adam smirked at him. ‘There’s this thing called asking. Anyway I wasn’t going to try anything. I was just pointing out an obvious fact. Are you gonna try anything?’ Adam added with a smile. ‘Hell no! I’ve just broke up with someone last week. Anyway, she’s way outta my league. Seems Jack’s chatting her up though.’ They both turned back to Jack, who was still talking to the girl. ‘Do you think he might actually ask her out?’ Adam asked, and in reply, Nathan just laughed. A truck pulled, and Jack called to the others, ‘right then lads and lasses, let’s get started.’ They all piled into the truck, where Jack all handed them a radio, a throat microphone and an earpiece. ‘Switch to frequency 2.04, that way, you’ll be able to hear the other squads.’ All the recruits had been given combat webbing, so they all slotted the radios into a pouch near their left shoulder. ‘Right then, let’s go kill some demons.’

Chapter 6
1:00 a.m. 10th February 2012
The truck pulled into Time Square, which was in complete darkness because of the curfews. None of the neon signs Nate remembered from his childhood were lit up, or the street lamps. In fact, the only light came from the torches the sect members carried. When the truck pulled into the centre of Time Square alongside the other trucks, Loki was already giving orders over the radio. ‘Ellis, take your squad and go three blocks to the south.’ ‘Roger that boss,’ came the reply over the radio. ‘Jack, take the rookies three blocks west.’ Jack replied ‘righty-o, boss. Right lads and lasses, lets mosey.’ Jack started striding off to the west, with the recruits in tow. ‘Right. Everyone, keep your ears open and your eyes peeled. These basterds are agile, and climb on buildings, so watch out.’ That’s when they all heard gunfire and frenzied shouts from the radios. ‘Loki, this is Emily. We’ve found the demons in the north-west. Barely more than a dozen. We’ve taken care of them. We’ve got one wounded, took a bit of a scratch across her chest, but she’s gonna live. The demon didn’t get past her ribs. We’re heading back to the trucks.’ Loki immediately came over the radio. ‘Roger that Emily. Alright everyone, move back to the trucks, we’re heading back.’ Adam came next to Nate, ‘Well that was anti-climactic. Wait a sec, what’s that?’ Adam accompanied this last statement with a point, to where a shadowy figure was standing down an alley. Nate called ‘Hey! What are you doing out here!’ The figure seemed to turn and look at them, then ran off down another alley. ‘Do you think we should tell Jack?’ Asked Nathan, to which Adam replied ‘hell no! He’d just call us crazy and start telling another story. Look, the others are already going to the trucks. Let’s go.’ Adam set off jogging after the other recruits and Jack. Nathan took one last look down the alley, and then ran off after the others.
Chapter 7
6:00 p.m. 22nd March 2000
Nathan was helping his mum set the table for dinner and waiting for his dad to come home from work at the same time. His mother said ‘I’ll get more forks honey, you wait here.’ Nathan nodded, and watched as she went into kitchen. He then heard a scream and a thunk. Nathan rushed into the kitchen to find his mum lying dead on the floor with a cut in her throat, like a second mouth. Nathan cried ‘Mom!’ and ran to the window to try and see if he could see the murderer, but all he saw was a black silhouette down the road, and all he could feel were tears running down his cheeks. He heard the door open and heard his dad call ‘Megan! Nate! I’m home.’ His dad must have heard him crying, because he came into the kitchen, and once he saw the scene before, fell to his knees beside his deceased wife and motherless son and let out a cry. No words, just an animal roar. He then stood up and left, but not before he said ‘Nate, call the police. Tell them what happened. Did you see a figure or anything like that?’ Nate nodded. ‘Don’t tell them about that though. I’ll deal with it.’ His dad left him in the kitchen, where a pool of blood was slowly starting to spread around him and his mother.
Over the next two months, the police had questioned him about that fateful night, but he told them exactly the same thing he had told them the same night. The night when his mother was murdered and his father disappeared. He was then adopted by a different family, who was nice, but could never replace his real parents. Then, in June, the funeral was held for his mother, but his dad didn’t show up, even for this. Three years passed until he found out his dad had been murdered as well, in a similar way to his mum, so Nathan thought it was the same criminal. Up to when he was 20 years old, Nathan searched for this one man, the man who ruined his life, but could never find him. He never thought of it until 5 years later, when he saw the same silhouette in the alley with Adam. He was thinking about when he was walking back to the trucks and when they were heading back in the trucks. He then knew his mother was killed by a demon, and so was his dad. But it still didn’t explain where his dad went for those 3 years, but he had an idea.

Last edited by duckondrugs on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Ducky it is good Smile I must say impresive Razz

don't bump though that's spamming Very Happy

Really good work though
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:05 pm

i posted it yesterday and nobody looked at it, so i had no choice
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 pm

I'll read it over my break today duck.. I'll give ya my feel for it in a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:23 pm

duckondrugs wrote:
i posted it yesterday and nobody looked at it, so i had no choice
. Spamming is never an option lol

I liked it MAKE MORE Razz
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:27 pm

alreeady workin on it, but at the moment im on me and my brothers laptop and the files on my parents laptop and we dont have word so ill work on it when i can
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Woooooo. U have to put a bagel in it though pleaaaaaasssee
Back to top Go down
Liam Savrii
Discharged
Liam Savrii

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Hmm so literary works are something we can share?
I'm tempted to put up my Manifesto on anarchy up here. Twisted Evil

Just read it, pretty good. Smile
Oh and I've only read this part... You should add the links to the previous chapters as links in your original post.
Btw are you at all inspired by Hell gate?
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm

liam, ive edited the link into the origianl post
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

BUMP
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:29 pm

BUMP! also, im stuck on wot do after this part, so ianyone can help me, it would be appreciated. im also workin on a moh story so yeh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapters 5-7 of my story   Chapters 5-7 of my story Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapters 5-7 of my story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top