13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
My story EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
My story EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
My story EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
My story EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
My story EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
My story EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
My story EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
My story EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
My story EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

My story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: My story   My story EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Ive seen a couple of members posting stories recently, so i thought i would post my own. any comments are welcome, espially constructive criticsm. keep in mind, this is only the first 4 chapters, and im currently workin on the 5th chapter
The Sect of Cranas

Prologue
1000 years ago, terrible creatures roamed the Earth, murdering and destroying everything. These things have many names from many cultures, such as Oni in Japan, but the world over they are known collectively by one word. They were known as demons. The demons almost drove humanity to extinction, until a group of people rose against them. They were known as the Sect of Cranas. They waged guerilla warfare against the demons, until one day, the sect won a battle. The battle was on the barren site of New York before it was built. On this day, over ten thousand demons took on two hundred thousand members of the sect, and the sect won, but not before losing over seventy thousand members over the four day battle. When they won, the sect drove the demons back into whatever twisted, nightmare world they came from, creating a permanent, but small rip left between our plane of existence, and theirs. This event was known as the Banishing, and it happened on the 21st of December. From then on, the sect celebrated this day, not knowing that over the next thousand years, the rip would become bigger, until it was big enough to let the entire demon race through into our world, and wipe out humanity. This would happen on the very day the demons were banished into their world. The 21st of December, 2012. The sect is still in existence, so when this event does take place, they will be the only ones who can save us….

Chapter 1
3:00 a.m. 9th February 2012
Nathan was having the strangest dream so far. He saw humans and dreadful creatures fighting, people and creatures dying, claws tearing, swords slashing and a brilliant flash of light. He woke up, sitting bolt upright in his bed, sweat dripping off him. Nathan shook his head, went into the kitchen and got a glass of water. He drunk it, then went back to sleep. He then woke three hours later to sound of his alarm. Nathan had breakfast while reading the paper. The headline said”Man Murdered Savagely in Night” ‘not another one’ he thought. He went outside to his car and drove to another day of his job in a small cubicle, working away for New York’s biggest company ‘Sanarc Telecoms’. He got there, and was met by his best friend, Mark. ‘Hey Nate.’ Mark said, and Nathan replied ‘Hi Mark.’ ‘How you been’ asked Mark. ‘Not too bad. Had another strange dream again.’ Mark looked at his watch and said, ‘Oh crap, we had to be inside 30 minutes ago, come on!’ Now, this would been a normal day for Nathan, had it not been for the strange figure in the black hoody with the red insignia on it who had been following him since he got in his car, and he looked in the figures direction, they melted into the shadows, and he thought nothing of it for the rest of his day, until the end of it.

Chapter 2
6:00 p.m. 9th February 2012
The figure from that morning confronted Nathan as he was leaving work ‘What the-‘he exclaimed as the hooded figure pulled him into a back alley. The person put a finger to their lips. Nathan did as he was told, mainly because of the gun pointed to his head, and partially because he thought he knew this person. They, she, shook the hood off her head and Nathan recognized her immediately. ‘Holy crap, Emily! What the hell are you doing here?’ ‘Shhh! You yell that loud and I’ll make you’re brains a decoration on that wall, got it?’ Nathan nodded his head, not saying a word. ‘Oh no’ he thought ‘my ex-girlfriend has come to take revenge on me for breaking up with her last week’ ‘I know what you’re thinking’ said Emily ‘what?’ he replied ‘I haven’t come to kill you for breaking up with me. I’m not that shallow. But I will do this.’ She back-handed him across the face ‘Ow! Ok, I guess I deserved that, but why are you here?’ ’To take you somewhere. Here, take this.’ She gave him a hoody identical to hers. Nathan slipped it on. ‘Hey, fits perfectly.’ Emily said sarcastically ‘Good for you. Now come on’ she pulled up her hood, put away her gun and started walking. ‘Hey, wait up!’ he called at her back. He sighed and started walking with her. ‘So where are you taking me?’ Nathan said, and Emily replied, ‘you’ll see, Nate, you’ll see.’

Chapter 3
7:00 p.m. 9th February 2012
Nathan kept following Emily, until they got to the abandoned warehouse district. Emily stopped and so did Nathan. ‘Okay, what’s going o-uh?’ Nathan got knocked out by a man wearing the same hoody that Emily and he were wearing, and then even more people with the same stepped out of the shadows and dragged Nathan into an abandoned warehouse.
When Nathan woke up, he found himself in complete darkness. He tried to move his hands, but found he couldn’t move at all. The bag got whipped off his head and he squinted at the sudden light which almost blinded him. When his eyes got used to the light, he found himself strapped to a chair. Nathan looked around, and saw that he was surrounded by figures wearing the same hoody Emily was wearing. He said warily ‘Uh, hi guys. Um….heh….uh’ One of the figures surrounding him stepped forward and took off his hood. The man was massive, and he wasn’t just massive, he was massive. At least 7 foot tall, and shoulders almost as wide as Nathan’s arm span, he didn’t look like the sort of person you’d want to meet in a dark alley. He had dreadlocks tied back with an elastic band and large black tattoo of an AK47 rifle on the top of his head. He said in a deep African accent ‘I am Loki, leader of the cult of Cranas. We-‘Nathan interrupted, saying ‘wait, if you spell Cranas how I think you spell Cranas then-‘He thought for a moment ‘-then if you spell it backwards, it’s the name of the company I work for.’ Loki said ‘that is no coincidence. Your company was created to help us monitor The Rift.’ Nathan said ‘what’s the Rift?’ ‘It’s the reason you’re here. Get him out of this chair and get him walking.’

Chapter 4
9:00 p.m. 9th February 2012
Loki started leading Nathan through the warehouse, where lots of people in identical hoodies were doing various tasks or training in ways he thought were going to hurt. Loki eventually led him to a shooting gallery. A man was sitting in a corner on top of a crate, dismantling what seemed to be a pistol. ‘Ellis, front and center.’ Commanded Loki. Ellis replied ‘In a second boss.’ ‘Now.’ Ellis put the gun on the crate and hurried over. ‘Nathan, this is Ellis, our resident gun monkey.’ Said Loki. ‘Pleasure t’ meet ya’, mate.’ Ellis said in a heavy Australian accent. ‘I’m gonna teach you how to handle and dismantle a gun.’ Nathan was still shocked from being knocked out so didn’t reply. ‘Shy one are ya’. Well, once your training starts, I hope you’ll be talkin’ lots. Now I think Loki needs to finish the tour, so I’ll just run along.’ Ellis went back to the crate and began putting the pistol back together. Loki lead Nathan to room where a lot of wounded men and women were lying on beds, all being treated by a group of other men and women, being lead by a black haired woman who had a deep tan. ‘This is the infirmary, where all the wounded members of the sect are treated, and this…..’ He walked over to the woman leading all of the other medics. ‘….is my wife Jessica. She runs the infirmary and everyone in it. Hopefully, this will be the only time you’re in here, but it probably won’t be.’ Jessica walked over to Nathan. ‘Hello there’ she said in a British accent you would only associate with the Queen of England. ‘Hey’ replied Nathan. Loki kissed Jessica and then said to her ‘How have you been Jessy?’ ‘Oh, fine, just have to deal with this lot day and night and I haven’t had the chance to sleep in a week.’ She said, and Loki replied ‘I have to take Nate here to the CQB training area, but after that I’ll be right back, O.K.?’ Jessica replied ‘O.K.’ Loki kissed her again, then started walking towards the CQB training area, where a ring of cult members wearing grey t-shirts and tracksuit trousers stood with plastic knives in their hands, and in the middle of the ring was Emily, wearing the exact same stuff as the other cult members, except she was unarmed. One cult member charged at her, swiping at her head. Emily ducked underneath the knife, punched the man in the stomach, making him bend over, clutching his stomach, and Emily meshed both hands together in a fist, and slammed them down onto his back, laying him flat out on the floor. He got up and limped back to the ring, where another person charged her, trying to stab her with her with the plastic knife. When he stabbed, Emily grabbed his arm, twisting it. The man keeled over from the pain, and Emily brought her elbow down onto his back, but she was still holding his arm, so she brought her knee up into his gut, knocking the wind from him. Emily let go of the arm, and the man just fell over. Loki clapped his hands, and the ring parted, and all the cult members went to the locker rooms. Loki said to Nathan ‘you’ve already met Emily, our self-defense expert.’ Emily picked a towel off a bench and wiped her forehead with it. ‘She’s going to be teaching you how defend yourself in hand-to-hand combat. Now, I’m going to leave you with Emily. She’s going to finish the tour, and then you’re going to need to go to Ellis for your first lesson in fire-arms.’ Loki left the room, then Nathan said to Emily ‘soooooooo…um…who are we going to meet next?’ Emily turned to him and said ‘you’re going to meet Jack, our demolitions expert.’ She slung the towel over shoulder walked out of the room, Nathan in tow. ‘So, what is it that you do here?’ asked Nathan, and Emily replied ‘fight demons.’ Nathan widened his eyes in shock. ‘Wait, what? Demons! You fight demons! That’s crazy! Demons don’t exist. They’re just some story to stop people doing bad things.’ Emily turned to him in anger and snapped back ‘Did you see those people in the infirmary?’ Nathan nodded ‘They were all injured by demons. A few of them will survive, but most of them will die, or be crippled in one way or another, so don’t go telling me what exists and what doesn’t, because I’ve seen them, I’ve seen people get killed by them and I’ve been hurt by them.’ She turned around, lifted up the back of her shirt, and there they were, four scars running down the length of her back. ‘My god Emily, I didn’t know.’ Nathan stammered, but Emily snapped back ‘you don’t know a lot about me Nate, so don’t think you do.’ Nathan was taken aback by this sudden outburst, and hung his head in embarrassment. He followed Emily to Jack, who was sitting outside, toying with a hand grenade. He turned around and saw them walking towards them. He walked up to Nathan, held out his hand and said ‘Areet mate, me name’s Jack and I’m going to train you how ta use explosives when the time comes.’ Jack had a heavy jordie accent and no hair or eyebrows. Nathan shook his hand and said ‘what happened to your-.’ Jack interrupted, saying ‘Hair and eyebrows. Burnt off. Long story. Let’s just say I say I set it for thirty seconds, and it went off in three.’ Emily signaled for Nathan, so he walked over. Jack said ‘Areet, I can see you two are off, so I’ll go back to fixing this hand grenade.’ Emily called back ‘Don’t hurt yourself Jack’ Jack laughed and replied ‘Nay chance of that Em, absolutely nay chance.’ Emily smiled and walked off and Nathan said ‘first time I’ve seen you smile since I got here.’ Emily replied ‘Jack’s crazy, but he’s good company.’ He then said ‘better than me?’ she smiled and said ‘miles better.’ ‘Second time.’
Little did they know, demons were preparing for midnight, when they would be able to send a small pack of demons through as scouts, then the rest of the hunting demons would come through, expecting to be met by their human enemies, and fight them.
Back to top Go down
Hoang
Discharged
Hoang

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Wow that's really great. You should publish this Razz. Some parts were, awkward and it's just a bit weird to come out right immediately. But ya that's plenty interesting.
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 pm

yeh, i thought tht, but i came up wit half of this stuff when it was 11pm on a ranom friday night Razz
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

lol u must have been really tired
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:30 pm

yes i was. runnng on sweet-F***-all good will and powerade
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 pm

It's definitely much better than what I could ever do. I always end up writing a story with absolutely no direction.
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
GhostOps21

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Uggh, now I need to keep writing mein Schultz story.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I c wut u did thar Olly. Wink
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:16 pm

if anyone wants to suggest points for the story in chapter 6, please tell me
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
Sekwaf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Sekwaf

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Hmmm, pretty good, a few parts could've been worked a bit better but it was good enough. Although with all the books I've read I found it a bit...used? Good story though and be sure to throw some twists in there so we can't see what's coming next. I might have to go make a story myself.
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:58 pm

im coming up wit ideas for 10 chapters more into the book. i always thinkin of ideas. im plannin on doing more tommorow so ill post more soon
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 am

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:20 am

Really nice work Duck, Chapter 5 is sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Empty

Back to top Go down

My story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top