13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

BC2 Defensive Tactics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

BC2 Defensive Tactics Empty
PostSubject: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:11 pm

This thread has been started to serve as a reference for the best BC2 Defensive Tactics. This discussion was reborn recently in the Apaches Squad thread. The discussion has been moved here to serve the larger BC2 community. Please add your thoughts/comments/ideas to the thread.

Having a broad understanding of various tactics that can be deployed as an attacker, helps in the anticipating of an attack while on defense.

Playing a ZONE defense as an initial defensive tactic may allow for a quicker recognition of what the attackers are doing. The zone may be set up according to the attack tactics we have found successful.

Once you get past the initial wave and defensive response, you almost have to imagine what the attackers are doing based on what you see or DON'T see.

KNOW YOU ENEMY

Is the enemy repeating tactics or changing things up?

Are they exhibiting such behaviors consistently?

Based on what you are seeing, you can reinforce the zone at the tactical points the enemy is trying to exploit. Sometimes, it the quiet sector of the grid from which an assault develops, in which case you can shift the zone to quiet areas of the grid, in anticipation of an enemy tactic change up.

Honestly, that's what is so fun about this game as well as it's older versions. There is almost something new to experience every time you play, and it's just such a rewarding feeling when you're reading the enemy and responding accordingly.

NOW to some specifics...

Suppress the spawn: Spawn camping is not widely appreciated by attackers when successful. Suppressing the spawn should be part of any effective defensive strategy. However, over zealous spawn suppression leaves the enemy free to gut your MCOMs if they are able to sneak into your grid. Members killed during spawn suppression might occasionally consider spawning near the back of the base, allowing them to work their way back to the front, while checking for any infiltrators. Even when you are pushed back, there may be opportunities to reinitiate spawn suppression.

Choke points: Defending choke points is one of the best defensive strategies. Nothing like a heavy vehicle or two and maybe some air support to keep an enemy from advancing. Engineers keeping heavy vehicles fully charged, can also fire at attacking vehicles when not making repairs. Occasional defensive spawns should also start from the back of the base, to check for infiltrators. Even when pushed back from a good choke defensive, there may be future opportunities to reinitiate attack on a choke point.

Solo ReCon of the enemy spawn to steal enemy vehicles or destroy UAV station: A lone wolf ReCon can inflict some serious damage and disruption to the enemy spawn. Hiding when a base is lost or being able to sneak back in are good ways to solo recon the enemy spawn. Targeting of enemy soldiers is no the best mission. I prefer to score an enemy heavy vehicle and then destroy the UAV station. What you do there after depends on the map. Sometimes you can stay in the spawn with the heavy vehicle, doing considerable damage, allowing for a spawn suppression to be engaged. Other times quickly moving toward your own base with the captured vehicle is the better tactic, allowing you to take up a defensive position with a piece of equipment the enemy will not be able to use as long as you keep it alive.

What would you do as an attacker? This is a great thought to have, when positioning yourself to defend an MCOM, as well as at other objectives on the grid. This relates back to the benefit of a strong foundation in attack tactics.

DON'T PANIC: Chaos seldom benefits the cause. Identify what's you see happening, communicate calmly and regroup as needed.

COMMUNICATION: I know we all understand the need for clear channels of communication but let's just reiterate... if you don't have something important to communicate to the squad or team, be silent. Listen. And when you do have occasion to communicate, do a better job than I often do. Smile Good communication is an acquired skill, especially when in the heat of confrontation.

I will start a new thread on Defensive Tactics. I invite everyone to copy their remarks to the new thread. I will also place the new thread in the master Tactics reference thread.

Cheers Axx

GODD DEFENSIVE TACTICS THREADS

Master Tactics Reference Thread

Tactics and Arica Defense:

Arica zone 2 Defense:

Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:03 pm

'Scorched Earth'. Wherever possible create wide open spaces with good fields of fire from forests, demolish houses to remove high ground and blow as much as possible up when retreating then salt the earth with land mines. If you are about to get driven back from an area with towers then why not demolish them. On the way out you can grenade concealment too.

For example on Port Valdez if you can blow the forest areas you prevent the enemy having valuable concealment. You can then simply pick them off at your leisure with recons and Emplacements. The same applies to any map - Force the attackers into the open where you can bring volumes of fire, if the open is not possible create chokepoints into which you funnel the enemy. Mine these choke points and overlook them with snipers.

Use rally points to distribute aid & ammo in good cover to allow a quick return to the line. An extension to this would be to use the real world RV Point system, it might be something for you all to look at ? I can write a giant post detailing it and how it works if you want or I can make it in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:08 pm

An idea that has worked for me in the past is to place Anti-Tank mines at choke points before the enemy Armor reaches a base. Also it's usually in your teams best interest to spread out each Anti-Tank Mine at least 30 yards away from each other. Lastly another somewhat good idea is if your team is getting mauled by armor sneak up behind it lay down a tank mine step back and blow it up. You'll die in the process usually but as long as that Armor is gone your team can move freely.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Austynn wrote:
Also it's usually in your teams best interest to spread out each Anti-Tank Mine at least 30 yards away from each other.

Respectfully Sgt. this is erroneous. It takes two land mines to kill armour, putting them 30 yds apart is insufficient density for an armour kill.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I agree with Souljah, even with EXPLS MK2, a single AT mine will only deal 70-80 damage to T90s and a little more to Abrams tanks.

Pairing mines will ensure destruction of a tank however limits your reach.

Instead, try using a double layer procedure to cover ground with another engineer.

Assuming you have the specialization that allows extra explosives, you should double up depicted by the following depiction.

Imagine the dashes are mines. But the point is made that you both are able to cover ground twice as fast.

CrazyBagaDonit's Mines - - - - - -
Dtiger's Mines - - - - - -

Don't take my word for it though, there are many ways to deploy mines, however, too far apart they become ineffective. Go for chokepoints: 2 at a time while spacing them out enough so that if a tank detonates a pair, another pair is ready to destroy another.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 pm

When the enemy are pushing you back and you are on your last legs, send some fast moving assaults or medics to F*** some S*** up from behind their attacking line. It confuses the enemies and gives the defending side an oppurtunity to push back and start to gain a foothold again.

Adding to Souljas' scorched earth tactic, destroy EVERYHTING, for example on the last base on Isla Innocentes I usually spend considerable amounts of time destroying all of those fences with cloth stuff in them, to ensure the enemy has nowhere to hide whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Austynn

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Take into account that my squad only plays on hardcore and i always have the increased damage for explosives on my eng. at all times. I haven't played a single match on hardcore where its taken over one mine to take down a tank.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Just so were clear on the mining subject place two mine very close to each other if not on top. Shade, crater and water are great places to set them. Also place them at the top of a mound just on the other side you anticipate them traveling.

In respect to defense tactics, generality is great, but much like we have detailed attack strategies, I would like to start generating detailed defense tactics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 pm

BC2 Maps

Here is a link to the maps I posted for those inclined to work out some support materials.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am

My tips our quite simple i play on core normally so this isnt recommended for harcore

WHEN ATTACKING ALWAYS PUSH FOWARD AND TAKE BUILDINGS THAT WAY U ARE ABLE TO GOLD GROUND AND FIRE UPON THEM

WHEN DEFENDING ALWAYS HOLD UR GROUND IF THE ENEMY SEES U PULLING BACK THEY USE IT TO THIER ADVANTAGE BY PUSHING FOWRD THERE IF U HOWEVER HOLD UR GROUND THEY CANNOT GET PAST WITHOUT A FIGHT AND THEY WILL KNOW U MEEN BUISNESS.ONLY PULL BACK IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO FLANK U
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Austynn wrote:
An idea that has worked for me in the past is to place Anti-Tank mines at choke points before the enemy Armor reaches a base. Also it's usually in your teams best interest to spread out each Anti-Tank Mine at least 30 yards away from each other. Lastly another somewhat good idea is if your team is getting mauled by armor sneak up behind it lay down a tank mine step back and blow it up. You'll die in the process usually but as long as that Armor is gone your team can move freely.

it's also a good thing to put AT mines in spots that have already had an explosion and have a hole present. you cannot really see mines in craters and you can be extremely tough to shoot them when they are in there.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:08 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
Austynn wrote:

it's also a good thing to put AT mines in spots that have already had an explosion and have a hole present. you cannot really see mines in craters and you can be extremely tough to shoot them when they are in there.

Good point but i think if you pit the anti tanks mine on the ground as soon as it blows up charge they will be caught in suprise and they wil be easy to kill
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Here's one I made for Nelson Bay Rush Defense.

[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
NarcoticDragoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Very interesting read guys,can't think of anything immediately to input,but I will if anything comes to mind.

And I don't believe I've had the chance/honour to play with you yet,Axx?

muchosmerc wrote:
some fast moving assaults or medics to F*** some S*** up from behind their attacking line.

That would be me,hehe ^^.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 pm

well when it comes into ur mind make sure u let us bad company boys know so we can use r idea to kik a**
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm

BUMP-ing this thread!

For the newer maps such as Nelson Bay Rush and Atacama Rush, please check out the following links.

Atacama Desert
http://www.13thmeu.org/bad-company-division-f37/tactics-atacama-desert-rush-defense-t2934.htm#52135

Nelson Bay
http://www.13thmeu.org/bad-company-division-f37/tactics-nelson-bay-rush-defense-t2902.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC2 Defensive Tactics   BC2 Defensive Tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

BC2 Defensive Tactics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top