13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! Empty
PostSubject: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 am

I would like to congratulate the 13th MEU on receiving a new Battlefield 3 Ranked Server for PC. I have purchased this game server for us so we have somewhere we can go and play. It is currently a 20 slot server and will eventually have mixed game modes and maps. I am still working on the config for the server, which may take me a couple days to do considering I have no worked with a server config in quite a few years.

I currently have all the game settings the way I believe they should be. Most are the same as every other server out there, besides the "Regenerative Health" setting. I have turned this off as you should not be able to regenerate health just by sitting there. A medic should be the only one that can heal your wounds.

With that being said, if anyone has any suggestions for maps, game modes, and such, please feel free to post them here. I will get whatever I can on there for us to have fun playing on.

Also, if you would like to make a small donation towards the server, I will be setting something up in the future where members can donate towards the payment of the server. Admins will also be set up on the server as well once it is up and running.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 am

Nice!. Mighty generous of you Very Happy

Will definetley hop on try it out once Im done with all this damned school.
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 am

Wow Mav, this is incredible! I think us Americans have needed a server for a while now so we don't have to bother with lag from Europe anymore.

You should either repost here or PM me when you get everything set up the way it should be, then we can start real practices and have our own American events Very Happy I personally suggest mostly vanilla maps like Caspian Border, Kharg Island, and Operation Metro. Maybe just have a full vanilla map rotation. And for game modes perhaps Conquest, Rush, Team Deathmatch, you know stuff that we can have fun on. No Gun Master.

Once again, this is very very generous of you, and sort of out of the blue, so I commend you on your efforts to help the clan!
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 am

I wouldn't recommend Caspian on a 20 slot server really. But then Apple is a fool Very Happy

Thanks fire providing a US server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 am

Yeah I like the vanilla map rotation, although I get 10 fps on kharg lol Sad
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

What we can do is take a list of each persons favorite maps and game types to play on. I can then make a small list of maps and randomize the list. Right now I have all the Conquest Large maps on the server. This can be changed easily through the server administration page. Perhaps if I can get a few people online tonight around 8pm EST or so, we can talk about the 13th MEU US Ranked server and see what options we would like to have on the server. I will also be downloading an Rcon app on my phone that will allow me to control the server while I am at work. This will enable us to have full control over the server at all times of the day, except while I am sleeping ofcourse, lol.

So, lets get a group of us online tonight at 8pm EST if possible, and we'll sort out this new server.
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Ill be studying at that time I think :O. But I think Ill be fine with what ever you guys choose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm

It's all good Edster. I'm sure we'll have quite a few of us online to decide what maps and game modes we'd like to play. Right now it's set at all the Conquest Large maps, which is mainly for large 48 and 64 man servers, but those can be changed to smaller conquest maps instead. I was also thinking of adding in game modes for those maps as well including Rush, and TDM. The Rush modes will have 2 map rotations of the same map so each team has a chance to attack and defend. Whereas the TDM and Conquest game modes will only have 1 map rotation of each map.

I will make sure I get everyones opinion as to what we should have on the server before we start making full use of the server.

If anyone has any opinions on game modes and maps they would like to see on there, but cannot make it online that often, please feel free to send me a message on here and I will bring it up to the others to see what they think.
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

I can be on at around that time tonight to talk about the different options. But I agree that we need multiple people's opinions. Maybe you should post in the Crusaders Squad Topic and whichever squad wants to have a say as well. I'm sure people will have something to say.
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Apple,

That's exactly the reason I placed the topic in the main Battlefield area. That way we can all see it right away and give our own opinions. I will possibly post other topics in each squad area, but considering Europe already has their own server, they probably won't be playing on this server all that much. This doesn't mean they can't have a say, or an opinion, on what we do with the server. I just don't think it is necessary considering they have their own server that they can play on so they can get the best ping possible.

I will also be floating around TS from time to time to see if anyone is online and if anyone would like to play a few games on the server so we can see how it runs. I want to make sure the server runs smoothly without any flaws. While also making sure all options are set correctly as well.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Mav, you da man cheers
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Thx will, I will also be trying to set up Reserved Slots for all Crusader's players. That way when we want to have our practices and such, we are ensured a slot on the server. I have also set the server to Agressive Join, which will kick a player from the server to enable a person with a reserved slot to join the server. This will give us US Crusader's a chance to get into the server if it ever becomes full.

I have also added a Clan Pay feature in my signature which allows clan members to pay partial amounts towards the server. This will be available at all times to Clan members and is entirely up to them if they wish to pay a little per month towards the server. Depending on how many donations are made to help pay for the server will depend on how many players we can have on the server. Right now I am able to pay it myself per month, which limits us to 20 players. If we can get people donating like $5-$10 a month, we may be able to raise the slots on the server so we can enjoy more carnage.

I will also be designing a new logo at some point for that clanpay logo in my signature. The one Gameservers gives us is crappy and has no appeal to it. I will see what I can make myself for our own use. Possibly make one for the EU server, and US server. Along with any other servers we have elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm

What is the Battlelog link to the server?
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Right Mav, I didn't mean EVERYBODY just the US guys. Just keep on doing what you're doing, it's very generous of you and I should be able to pay a bit to help out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Death, ill get that info for you once I get home. unless someone else gets it before i get home. im at work right now and can't access the battlelog because our browsers dont support it... now you can tell that i use a dinosaur of a computer at work, lol
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Found it: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/05e795c7-1b44-4b1f-878b-ec04900b15fb/13th-MEU/

You remind me of an old member Bill a bit. He was always on while he was at work.

Although he actually played BF3 with us at work xD
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 pm

lol, i cant play bf3 while im at work, that's for sure... the computers probably wouldnt even be able to run games on facebook, lol
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Haha he was one of only 2 in his office. And he was in charge xD
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, im starting to work on a map list while in the server with Edster... perhaps if people can either hop on TS, or in the server we can start configuring this thing for real play
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Well I can't get in ts or the game atm and I know I'm not American so won't use this server as much but with only 20 players I'd say stick to the smaller maps
Back to top Go down
Mav2283
Corporal
Corporal
Mav2283

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm basically going to add the small conquest maps, they have each size available, small and large conquest, just reduced size for smaller slot servers.

I will also most likely be adding some Rush maps, and TDM maps as well to try and keep it populated.

We are also going to need to set some ground rules for the server, as well as admins with certain permissions. Like kicking, banning, and things of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!   13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

13th MEU Battlefield 3 Ranked Server - NEW!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top