13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

Image by: Trister

Battlefield 3 - New updates, Videos, and Photos
Written by: SGT Trister

In this weeks BF3 news, all customers of BF3 will need to get an Origin account in order to play the game. Spectulations is that you can only have 1 player with each email account. Unlike previous BF where you could recreate a player from scratch and start from the begining all over again. With this will come a client to be installed for tracking purposes. There is concern on whether this client will become problematic as some other clients in terms of CPU and memory usage.

Those of you getting the WiiU will not have BF3 until 2013. And EA will be releasing a mobile version of BF3 called BF3:Aftershock available on Apple devices.

Battlefield 3 Caspian Border

And if you're wondering, that tower at the begining is destructable. And one website puts a comparison to MW that I thought was funny in saying, In MW you get to call in an airstrike. In BF3, you are the airstrike B****.

Also found some good and funny videos taken from Alpha testing. Shows things from building destruction, to taking down trees, to C4 explosions, to laser blinding. A recommended watch....

Montage
https://www.youtube.com/embed/26km6gVMtdA
https://www.youtube.com/v/H4CM_R9M_po

Funny (not at first as its all on animation, but the guys taking and the sounds they make are) Plus you see a building's floor get demolished. Warning: Some bad language.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXnUn3TvWRw

Nevermind, found the Mythbusters... If you watch, what's up with the players right arm disappearing?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/e3ff_UORhuc
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wrZtHZRC1FY
https://www.youtube.com/embed/6gE9rJL6pgI

Had some other more funny ones but they got taken down.

It's been confirmed that Battlefield 3 will also feature an Ultra Settings (maxed out) for those with powerfull PCs and is another proof this was made for PC and not just ported from console. It's unknow if the released videos were taken with this settings or not.

There will be 10 times the amount of hardware unlocks over Bad Company 2 as well as a mulitude of medals, ribbons, and service stars for skill, commitment, and teamplay.

"Play it your way" allows for each class to swap something for something else. As an assualt do you equip yourself with a defib and medic kit or a grenade launcher with 40mm grenades. Tatical unlocks gives you an ability and choice to have different loadouts as do you got with Maverick AATG missiles to take out tanks or AA for dogfighting.

Also at GamesCom EA has released all, or most of the weapons and equipment available in BF3.
Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Th_fact_sheet1 Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Th_fact_sheet2 Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Th_fact_sheet3 Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Th_fact_sheet4

Battlefield 3 is paying extreme attention to the authenticity of its weapons, making every detail, attributes, style, specification, modification, and alternations as accurately as possible with the aid of their military advisors. Things like different barrels, trajectroies, mobility, reloads and recoil, adding a grenade launcher or a foregrip. Thes weapons are to be even more cutomizable that previous BF games.

For anyone wanting to watch the GamesCom Press Conference 1:09:42. Where you'll see upcoming EA games and the BF3's Co-Op mode. Fast Forward link

10 new high-resolution images have been release that could be set as wallpapers or other things, such as signatures, or just really nice to look at such as the ThunderRun or Capsian Border image.

Last edited by News Team on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
weras4213

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 am

News Team wrote:

Funny (not at first as its all on animation, but the guys taking and the sounds they make are) Plus you see a building's floor get demolished. Warning: Some bad language.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXnUn3TvWRw

They are talking Swedish (with some accent) x)
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:56 am

Is that what it is? I just liked all the dum de dums type of things. Especially right the call out right before they blow up the building.
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
weras4213

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 am

Right before they blow the house I think he says: "I'm coming out now. Are you ready, do you hear me? Al-Qaeda!". Really fast though, I don't think Swedish is their native language Razz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, I don't quite get the whole Bin Laden/Al-Qaeda references. But if I have to go through those to see the building blow up, I will. It's like the best scene. I wonder if the building could be demolished if players put C4 on every level.
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
weras4213

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Me neither o.O I think i read somewhere that you can't fully demolish those buildings only blow out the walls.
Btw nice job on the article Smile
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:42 pm

There is also a book 'Battlefield 3: The Russian' and consoles are going to be running on 720p and 30 fps
Back to top Go down
icebox
Corporal
Corporal
icebox

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Good stuff ill get BF3 for sure Cool
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Nice report trister
Back to top Go down
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 pm

The whole only one player per account and you can only get it on orgin has me a bit worried. If battlefield because this major controled game where you can only make one character and cant start over and they start limiting what we can do other ways, i wont be too tempted to buy it. I was very close to preorder it, but after seeing the gameplay and what not im gonna wait for more information/maybe reviews.
Back to top Go down
Themanwithdagun
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:21 pm

dude i need someone to play bf3 with me. I am a team player with some expierience.

add me on origin: Themanwithdagun
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey themanwithdagun why not join us?
Back to top Go down
Nusume
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Nusume

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:42 pm

this was linked by a facebook buddy Operation Guillotine
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:57 pm

lol at when he wanna kicks in the door but someone else does his shothun is way out of line to hit him but he still hits him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos   Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 - New Updates, Videos, and Photos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top