13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Tactical updates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Tactical updates EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tactical updates EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Tactical updates EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Tactical updates EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Tactical updates EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Tactical updates EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Tactical updates EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Tactical updates EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Tactical updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok guys, I want to start a thread involving ways to update our tactics. All of you should have reviewed the tactics, many of you have used them. I want ideas on how we can improve them. I also want observations of what you see the enemy doing that works, also what their doing that counters our tactics.

Let's see the ideas start to flow.
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I still like the constant smoke laying, and mine planting idea. Seems to work well on Arica Harbor.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Especially in the desert, use an unlubricated condom taped over the end of your barrel to prevent dust or water ingestion.

When fully submerged in water, make sure you draw back the action of your weapon to release any plug of water that remains in front of the face of the bolt carrier / firing pin assembly.

Move in J hooks / figure eights. I cannot emphasise how important this one is, it's increased my average kill : death ratio from 0.8:1 to 1.4:1 and increased my score per minute by 20 or so

An even bigger increase to my K:D has been the discovery thanks to tactics threads that Anti Tank mines are worth at 4-6 extra kills per vehicle map.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 am

Arica harbor's mine tactic in zone 1 should work fun until the enemy has some tank veterans / crack shots who can easily take out the mcoms from afar. then you need to get a couple engineers with AT-4s and recons with mortar strikes to button the enemy abrams.

Back to top Go down
GhettoSmurf7
Sergeant
Sergeant
GhettoSmurf7

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 am

something that I havent seen put to action and would like to is having a team of 4 assault players with 40mm grenade attachments or c4 and each taking a wall of the building that holds the mcom station to collapse it. It shouldn't take more than 2 grenades or c4's for each wall. this way the mcom station can be destroyed without alerting the other team. But of course this only works if its the right type of building.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm

This is just me....because I lag a lot, so its hard for me to actually lay some fire to my enemies...but this is not really a tactic, but something you can do if you lag too much to be put on the frontlines Smile

1) When attacking on a Rush game, have you and a partner, be Assault and Recon. The assault guy lays down ammo for you and you (the recon) equips a Mini-Chopper with C4. The Driver flies it (not into, but to) an M-COM Station and then you blow it up. The chopper comes back for more action Very Happy

2) When defending, Rig the M-COM Station with C4 (Not directly on it, but on the floorboards or whereever). Wait for the screen to say, "Bravo Station is Charged!" or "Alpha Station is Charged!" and blow it up. You can also blow it up if you see yourself, the enemy charging the M-COM station.

I shouldn't have gave those out...I'm a bad example No
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Sneaky is not being a bad example. I still like the c4 charged with a sensor ball to locate enemy then blow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tactical updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical updates   Tactical updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Tactical updates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top