13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Are you buying?
XBX
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_lcap17%CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
PS3
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_lcap21%CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
PC
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_lcap3%CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Maybe
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_lcap21%CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
No
CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_lcap38%CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally Empty
PostSubject: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Call of Duty: Modern Wafare 3 - New Updates... Finally!
Written by: SGT Trister

No, we haven't forgotten about CoD:MW3. There just really hasn't been much news on MW3 and they have seemed to just fall dormant... until now.

New Video
A new Mulitiplayer video has been released recently showing, still more of the cinematics rather than actual game play. But as pointed out by one of our members there is also another video that does show actual game play.

Does this video prove what has been speculated; that it's just another MW2 with a lift? Does it still seem interesting enough to buy? Only you can be the judge of that.

CoD:MW3 Shades
Gunnar Optiks, manufacture of glasses for computers, gaming, 3d, and outterwear, is once again making limited edition gaming glasses for MW3 just as it did for BLOPS. These will cost you $99 and supposedly make you see better and protect your eyes from long hours of screen exposure from duress.

Key features of these glasses are:
    • Amber Tint - Specially formulated lens tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution
    • Minimizes Eye Fatigue - Lens geometry and tint reduces visual stress and dry eyes
    • Reduces Glare - Lens coatings and material reduces glare and improves visual focus
    • Improves Focus - Amber lens tint and geometry help your eyes focus more naturally improving comfort and protecting against fatigue
    • Sharpens Detail - i-AMP lens technology enhances detail for sharper, clearer vision
    • Fit - Lightweight frame, extended coverage, adjustable nose pads, and custom spring hinges
    • 20/20 Ready - Out of the box solution for 20/20 or 20/20 corrected vision
    • Rx Compatible - Custom Prescriptions are available through GUNNAR’s prescription program with Carl Zeiss Vision across approximately 15,000 eye care providers nationwide.

Dedicated Servers
During GamesCom it was confirmed that MW3 will have dedicated servers for their PC edition in showing PC gamers that Activision is serious about PCs. Although a common concern arises with players cheating and are working on a solution now and stated MW3 will not be released without being able to ensure a fair fight for players. Mmmm looks to me there could be a possible delay.

CoD:Elite Prizes
Activision's Call of Duty Elite site is claiming to be giving away many, many prizes in contests. And if you don't win, you'll be able to see who did. They are claiming to have budgeted millions and millions for real-world prizes. Nothing has been mentioned, as of yet, the type of prizes they'll be offering.

Tidbits
Commandos has been removed which some claim will balance out the game more and doesn't seem it'll be missed all that much, if at all.

MW3 will also be released for the Nintendo Wii and plan to be release the same day as the other platform; but don't hold your breathe.

Xbox is to release a new MW3 bundle with 320GB, MW3 game, custom design box and controllers (2), even franchise-specific boot sounds. It'll be released Nov 8th, 2011 for $400.

And, with an interview by OXM from creative strategist Robert Bowling states:
    "You can now fold down your magnifying scope and already have a close-range optic on your gun - so now you're engaging guys close-target without having to change weapons."
MW3 will also feature a new kind of high-tech grenade launcher, the XM25 air burst grenade launcher, aka the "Punisher." "If a guy is behind a concrete barrier, you can laser-tag that cover point, fire over it and it will then program the round to explode one meter past it."

Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew is jumping in the MW3 advertisment scene... again, with the drink's label sporting the Call of Duty MW3 logo on it. Not only that, which isn't a very significant but, Mtn Dew is also offering Double XP starting in Octber when their new drinks are released. More can read about it here

The Next CoD
The biggest rumor found is that Treyarch has placed a few jobs specifically requesting people with COD knowledge by requiring applicatants to have for the "Lead Multiplayer Designer" position, "An expert understanding of the Call of Duty game universe" and a position for a "Game Designer/Scripter". It also states a duty of "research subject matter for history and look of the level", which could suggest the next CoD will be sometime in the past. Hmmm, maybe another CoD3? The ad is shown on Treyarch's and Gamesutra's websites. Both Infinity Ward and Treyarch has been trading the production of COD and they have been coming out with one every year. The assumption here, if you haven't gotten it yet, is that the next release of CoD could possibly be made by Treyarch with the follow compnay notation:
    “With a successful track record, extensive infrastructure, and strong management, Treyarch has the solid foundation it needs to pioneer the Call of Duty franchise in the future.“
Lets just hope they'll use a different engine or a completly revamped one and make the game brand new and fresh. For the most part MW3 has remained low key in comparison to BF3 to which only specualtion can be made to the reasons why.

With the new updates and previous information, please take a moment a vote if you'll be buying MW3 and for which platform.

Last edited by News Team on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Yay updates! Nice post trist Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Very nice indeed Trister Smile
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Ta Trister.
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
weras4213

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Nice post! Smile
It looks good, but not as good as Battlefield 3 imo Razz
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Agreed with weras.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
THE_MEZORCIST
Private
Private
THE_MEZORCIST

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 pm

definitely going to get MW3
Back to top Go down
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Mega Max546

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:42 am

I AM GETTING IT!
Back to top Go down
Frapnoo
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Frapnoo

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:53 am

Fanboys are the most annyoing things in the world for example *EW MW3 Just looks like mw2 its going to suck battlefield 3 kicks it but* but they probablyhavent even played the orginal bc1 or bf2. But i dont fall into the fanboy catagory because im getting both, im acctually quite excited for mw3, it looks interesting
Back to top Go down
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Jax_Knife

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 am

Frapnoo wrote:
Fanboys are the most annyoing things in the world for example *EW MW3 Just looks like mw2 its going to suck battlefield 3 kicks it but* but they probablyhavent even played the orginal bc1 or bf2. But i dont fall into the fanboy catagory because im getting both, im acctually quite excited for mw3, it looks interesting
at last! someone with an unbiased opinion towards the 2 games! u sir give me hope for humanity Razz
Back to top Go down
samanaslt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
samanaslt

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am

It would be good DLC for MW or MW2, but not a game... Neutral
Back to top Go down
THE_MEZORCIST
Private
Private
THE_MEZORCIST

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:56 am

samanaslt wrote:
It would be good DLC for MW or MW2, but not a game... Neutral

never thought of it like that, but think of those two as a walkway to what mw3 is gonna be! i like all the call of duty's from the first one on ps2 to black ops. i think mw2 is the best one and i cant wait to see the new things they put onto 3. DLC.....wtf haha

Im getting both two Frapnoo
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 am

People essentially buy the same game with Madden every year and I don't hear as much complaining with that franchise as I do with COD. They still shell out the money for it and list its pros and cons and yet I still don't hear the scrutiny and criticism than what I hear with COD.

I've always enjoyed the franchise ever since the very first installment.

MW3 is too big to be a DLC and too small to be a completely different game, IMO. That in itself shouldn't be a reason to make or break the game.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Ha Projekt, never crossed my mind and it's true. It's the exact same game with an updated roaster, maybe better graphics and animations, and a sprinkle of added features.

Perhaps it's all about expectations and that MW3 didn't add up to them.

I might get it, I mean I have from CoD 3 and on. I got heavy into CoD3 & WaW but, as for MW1&2 and BLOPS, I lost interest as I kept dying way to many times and as soon as hitting the start button. Spawn dead, spawn dead, spwan take a step dead. I couldn't find a way out of it, no matter how long I played it for. Ok so I'm exaggerating slightly but, it sure felt like I was dying every second.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

This is why I play Madden 95 still instead of getting 17 new games :p. All I have to do is make new players every year. (Lol i dont think you can do that in 95). But last one I played on PC was like 06 or something (still installed here). Do they even sell the new ones still for PC? Surprised
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Ah well the XM25 ABGL.. personaly I don't have anything against grenade launchers, and I enjoyed this weapon in MGS4, but a 6 round dedicated grenade launcher in a game like CoD? I think people gonna hate on it Razz
Back to top Go down
eze_trex_xD
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
eze_trex_xD

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 pm

im ganna get this for my ps3 Smile if i decide to get a new 1 xD
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:02 am

Ha Bronx, I bet you play it on Windows 95 too huh? And they haven't made a PC Madden since '08
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Yeah, shame they're selling out :/ But I wouldn't say its a PC game too much anymore so its understandable.

EDIT: Yes on Win95 just like BC2 and all my other games Razz
Back to top Go down
nukeman04
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
nukeman04

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Like the post! I will be getting it! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
EMISS
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Nice post but I like Battlefield Series more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally   CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally Empty

Back to top Go down

CoD:MW3 New Updates... Finally

View previous topic View next topic Back to top