13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Make Yourself Better In-Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Make Yourself Better In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:29 am

Okay, so I am not saying that I am pro but I do know some things in Battlefield 3 that can help many people out. It has helped me out recently and I want it to help out the Falcon guys primarily. I thought of posting it in here though so you Xbox and PS3 users can also read it and maybe it can help you too. Most of the stuff you will read is from the Rival guys and other YouTube celebrities and reading things online. Gothicankz is also helping you guys out with some map call-outs, this is again primarily for the Falcon guys but I'm sure you other console players will like it too.

If you find some of these things to be inaccurate or you want to add something else to this, please let me know and make this a very helpful topic to us BF3 players. Very Happy

The Weapon

- Learn your main weapons! If you are an assault player, find the best weapons and weapons attachments and really get to know them. Understand how you have to control the recoil.
- Understand the attachments you use. Did you know the forgrip REDUCES SIDE-TO-SIDE recoil but DECREASES long range accuracy. This means weapons which are great for long range and only have VERTICAL recoil do NOT need this attachment. (Saphix)
- Burst fire your weapon. Too much bullet deviation is never good, from 3-8/10 rounds is what you should be aiming for even at close range.
- Aim towards top of the body/head. You should eventually be aiming for the head most of the time as this is usually a 2 shot kill (depending on weapon).
- When you shoot the legs, you do a 0.9 Bonus Damage (BD). This means you may have to use an extra bullet to kill someone when hitting them in the legs. To the chest is 1 BD. The head is a 2 BD. This means the head is 2 times faster to kill, 2-3 bullets and they could be down. A HUGE advantage. (Qu4ckz)
- Start to peak. Peaking is looking around a corner whilst in Aim Down Sight (ADS). This gives you the greater advantage of not having to aim then shoot as you are already aiming.
- Don't peak too close to the wall nor too far either. The main reason is that you could be up against someone with either RPG or M320. The splash damage is enough to either seriously harm you and result in a kill, or kill you straight off.
- When you peak, you strafe left and right to peak in and out. This causes one small problem. It creates bullet deviation. Bullet deviation means that some bullets will not go into the direction you aim them to go. To counter this problem, strafe out, stop and burst, strafe in fast! This is your best way to be effective.
- Understand weapon range. Don't go into Caspian Border with the FAMAS there are better weapons out there to help you kill the enemy and show your better potential.

Grenades

- Use your grenades. A lot of the time you will die whilst still having your grenade on you. Make us of it! The obvious thing for a grenade is to kill but there are other advantages to it too. If you throw a grenade towards an enemy, they will shout that there is a grenade in the vicinity. This gives you the advantage now. You know they are there and (if you have a fairly decent headset) how far away too.
- Grenade a car if there is someone nearby. The car will explode and give you a better chance to kill them.
- If there is a Humvee coming close to you and you are an Assault or even Recon, you can still take it down. Now you can't shoot through the Humvee's windows but, if you drop a grenade underneath either if the side doors, the door will blow off and you can now take aim at anyone inside.
- The above method can be applied to the Vodnik too. The Vodnik's drivers can be shot through the window though, there are possibly still more people inside so, drop a grenade underneath the back doors and take out the unsuspecting victims.

Class Specific

Assault
- Understand the medikit. It can heal enemies, it can heal yourself through a wall. Don't let the enemy get any health back! When you spawn, throw a medikit down so it isn't where you were and the enemy was, they now can't use it.
- Revive! This is important but... You have to decide if the revive is worth it, can you make it without being shot? Is that person even worth reviving?

Engineer
- The RPG against light armoured vehicles like the Humvee is a disable shot 1 hit if hit well.
- Use the RPG against walls on city maps like Grand Bazaar or Siene Crossing, it can drop the wall and take out multiple people.
- When taking out a tank, the best place to aim for is the back at 90 degrees. This can be a disable shot (no reactive armor). If the only shot you can get is the side, try and get it at 90 degrees still, it does more damage than at a 45 or worse degree.
- AT mines can be shot with a heavy calibre round like the .44 magnum. This can be an advantage to shoot the enemies mines when there vehicle is close.
- Engineers can pick up AT mines even if you do not have them equipped. (AWulle)
- Use your RPG against some walls to blow them out and make a new entrance, this is very good if you have 1 or 2 choke point entrances. You can take the enemy by complete surprise.

Recon
- Use your MAV or TUGS. It is a motion sensor but do NOT rely on it 100%.
- They make a low beep when no one is around but once someone is there, it produces a high beep. It will also make them on the minimal for a brief period of time.
- To get past without you being noticed, go prone or just crouch. They will notice nothing different and you will have the upper hand on them.

Support
- Make sure you be a team player and actually throw down an ammo pack!
- Do not rely on claymores on an entrance, someone can go crouch or prane and not set them off. They aren't 100% reliable.

General

- Squad awareness. If you are the last man in your squad, STAY ALIVE. You are a spawn point for your squad members, this is a great advantage to you and your team.
- If you are in a squad and can talk to them and only one person is alive, let them know. Call out "last man" to them. They should pull back from the firefight and stay alive for you guys/girls.
- Spot people! I notice that there doesn't seem to be enough of this, it is vital for you and your team! If you spam this button, it will not 'Spot' people at all. If you listen carefully you can hear the noise it makes once you go past the limit.
- If you have armour, protect it! The armour being put to good use by someone fairly competent is a game changer. Very vital!
- Slow your pace down. Some people try and play Call Of Dury whilst in this game, it doesn't work! Be the smart player and peak!
- This last one may seem silly but it works. Stay positive! Being annoyed or peeved doesn't help you to make the right decision and therefore you will become irrational and die more frequently.
- Your aim, when ever you are running round, peaking a corner, your cross-hairs should be at shoulder/head level! This is very important to make a very quick kill and keep the upper-hand on the enemy (redviper)
- When wanting to place C4 on a choke point, MCOM or flag, make sure to put it in a place that isn't obvious. Behind the door they will come through, on rubble so it is hidden by light and shadows. (Thebronxbomber)
- To counter the tip above, when you come to a place that is usually having someone near or maybe C4 heaven, 'spot' all around you. The C4 or Claymore be shown. Even if you don't see anything, still be cautious. It may be hidden just like what you might do.
- Before you spawn, check your Squad Perk. This should never be the same as anyone else in the squad. When you choose what Perk you may want, think about what will help you. If it is Rush and you are attacking, Sprint may be helpful. If you have a Support guy who actually drops ammo packs, don't get the Ammo perk. Think carefully before deploy! (Saphix)

Last edited by Trister on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
Zedap
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Zedap

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:45 am

Some good advice in there, nicely done. I'm sure other clan members will benefit from this a lot.
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks for the positive response Very Happy. I really do hope it makes people a better player Laughing
Back to top Go down
blackb0rn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
blackb0rn

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 am

Nice advices man! I can promise you that people in the clan will use them wisely. For example, I didn't know that the damage you do to a vehicle depends on the degree your RPG/SMAW hit that vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Choffix
Corporal
Corporal
Choffix

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Those are really nice advices blackie!
But I know most of them because you told some to us and I watched rivalxfactor a few times.

And blackborn, there is a video on youtube from rivalxfactor about rpg/smaw damage on diffrent angles. Its called how to be a better noob episode umm.. not sure, I think 4th or 5th.
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah I got alot from rivalxFactor too. I thought id write it down so it may be only 5 mins to read instead of 2 hours watching all the videos.
Back to top Go down
Choffix
Corporal
Corporal
Choffix

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:45 pm

well that's true, I bet alot of people don't know all those tips.
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 pm

That's primarily the reason it is up. I hope that pay close attention and try and put some to use in the pub matches. I want everyone to become better and more lethal.
Back to top Go down
AWulle
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
AWulle

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Good stuff there!

Engineers can pick up AT mines, even if you carry a blowtorch.

One of the mOst important things that makes you a better player is Improving your situational awareness.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Mainly for the Falcons? Awe, I thought the Falcons and Crusaders were closer than that. You do know that BF3 is practically the same across all platforms. I just see people posting for PC or PS3, when it's all the same. lol

Either way, very good write up and a lot of good pointers.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I do a lot of these already. There are a few things I didn't know like being able to crouch/prone near an enemy TUGS avoiding being spotted.

I will also try stopping while strafing to reduce the deviation. It was always a habit for me to keep moving side to side (or running side to side in combat arms or call of duty lol).

And it is especially useful on the console where your finger reflexes might not be as top notch as on the PC to keep your weapon aimed at head-level.

And my special thing I do when reviving somebody is I will go for the revive (like in an area being fought over), and I will suppress the enemies in general around the guy I revive not really looking for any kills unless its like one person. Because I do and I know a lot of other people hate being revived-shot. The times I don't really do this is if there are a lot of friendlies already suppressing the enemies around me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm

AWulle, thank you, I have edited it and put your info in there too.

Trister, the only reason I had put "mainly for falcons" is because I can actually teach these people, I can talk to them in game and out. I have aimed this towards anyone willing to play the game but I want to see improvements from the Falcons because these guys I talk to on a regular basis and I know have more potential. Maybe I worded it wrong at the start but it is for everyone to become better if they apply only a few of these to their gameplay styles. Everyone has potential to become better, I hope this can help them.

Bronx, yeah I do the same sometimes if I can't take the kill first. I will add a bit more later on to do with Suppression. That is also vital and I can't believe I missed it out :/. Hehe, soon it will be there too. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Lol I can understand the distance between the falcons and crusaders, simply because most of us are getting on right after you guys leave haha but I'll probably try to hop on early and extend my reach to our european friends

One small thing to add when checking around corners and such, is watch the number of open angles you have on yourself. Try to use points where you won't have 3 different angles open on you.

Practice this in such maps like kharg island and canals on Tdm, where the crates really show the basis of what I am talking about.

Rivalxfactor is a great youtube channel to watch videos, and also some of his popular youtube friends, like LvlCap, he has some great videos as well. Also vehicle videos, which I think people need to catch up on learning with the new Armor Kill DLC coming soon
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:20 am

IronBat, if you'd like I can see if I can make one for the tanks too. I will write it for the normal maps we have now and how you should play it. I don't know whether the new maps coming will need a different game play style. Tank Superiority most likely will to a degree.

I had already considered a tank one anyway, it is written down but isnt half as long as this one. I will also talk to some other people as they are better tank players then me. Only if you guys would like this up here too?
Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
redviper911

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am

i don't know if anyone mentioned this or if it was in your post.. but also crosshair placement is a good thing to learn. it's something i struggle with and i sometimes find my self with my gun pointed downwards just to get the full viewing area.
So keep your crosshairs at headlevel.
This was something i didn't even realize i was doing until i watched one of rivalxfactor's videos
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 am

Ah yes Red, thank you. That is also another thing I have forgotten Sad. I shall add it in too if thats okay? I will put the names of the people who have told me more so the credit goes to them.
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 am

I don't think anybody mentioned this yet, but I'm pretty sure that leg shots are a 0.9 and not a 0.5 multiplier.
Back to top Go down
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am

Ah yes, I see. Thank you Very Happy. Soo many mistakes :/ xD
Back to top Go down
GoodnessGratias
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoodnessGratias

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Lots of good tips in there.

Also, If you like to look at stats, like I do, you should check out Symthic. http://symthic.com/charts.php

There are some really good stuff on that website. Also on the next patch the M16A3 is getting nerfed so you might want to start getting used to the M416 or another gun.
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Very good guide,it helped me a lot in the field and got me this with the M416 (which I think is eaiser to handle than the M16). http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/56949930/2/

Oh and quick question, does crouching increase your accuracy/decrease you recoil in any way when you ADS?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 pm

You are very welcome Very Happy. I am glad it helped. Nice KD you ended up with too! Razz

To your question, if you crouch you get less bullet deviation than standing. If you go prone you get less bullet deviation than crouching and then standing too. It doesn't effect your recoil, just where the bullets actually land. So yes, it does increase accuracy Very Happy. It isn't a huge difference but whenever stopping and can afford to crouch, try it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Well thanks, I think I've got that cleared up. I've been doing quite a bit with the M249 and the spread and recoil is ridiculous at times unless you have a foregrip or bipod so I wanted some tips on how to quickly lay down some rounds accurately.

And I find it hard to get used to console killing since I'm accustomed to the traditional PC Keyboard-Mouse combo instead of a controller. I'm always aiming off to one side but thanks Blakhole, you've helped me a lot. Very Happy

Oh and my KDR is finally above 1 xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Blakhole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I am a PC player too but I also have BF3 for Xbox as-well. I find the best way to improve accuracy is by playing Close Quarters DLC. It makes you react fast and also start to aim for the shoulder/head a lot more.

You are welcome too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
Very good guide,it helped me a lot in the field and got me this with the M416 (which I think is eaiser to handle than the M16). http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/56949930/2/

Oh and quick question, does crouching increase your accuracy/decrease you recoil in any way when you ADS?
Stop playing canals tdm Razz
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Ninja has gotten used to BF3 on console quicker than me Sad
redviper911 wrote:
i don't know if anyone mentioned this or if it was in your post.. but also crosshair placement is a good thing to learn. it's something i struggle with and i sometimes find my self with my gun pointed downwards just to get the full viewing area.
So keep your crosshairs at headlevel.
This was something i didn't even realize i was doing until i watched one of rivalxfactor's videos
I said it 4 posts above you :p Yeah I didn't realize this either when I first started out :p

Hmmm and this is just a general tip for gaming: To increase my hand-eye coordination I will sometimes do typing tests online. And I sort of did this too when I first got my Playstation by trying to see how fast and accurately I could type using the controls. It is especially useful on PC I think though because if you can't type fast or don't know how to touch type exactly...it will definitely be harder to get your hands back on the keyboard correctly if you take them off for whatever reason--also your reflexes may not be as sharp in general.

And a BF3 tip...if you are camping with C4 on a flag such as on Conquest Domination, don't make the C4s obvious lol. A great example was the A flag on Donya Fortress, (the balcony one) I would throw C4 at the very top of one of the walls in the hallway, and one of the walls facing out above the actual balcony. I would always get a kill doing that because they wouldn't know where the C4 is to blow it up.

I also did this on almost every other map on Close Quarters lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Yourself Better In-Game   Make Yourself Better In-Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Make Yourself Better In-Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top