13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Vanhouckes new gaming rig

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

Vanhouckes new gaming rig Empty
PostSubject: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hey guys,

As many of you know, I game on a laptop. But it decided to no longer run most games.
I was considering upgrading the laptop, but I decided to go for a desktop.
I would like to go for a good PC, I don't mind assembling it myself.
I already had some input of a website, but the shipping costs were over 500USD, so I'd like to order from a cheap shipping or preferably Belgian site.
Atm I did selected parts on this site: www.forcom.be
If you have any suggestions, please post the link from the site too.
A Dell pc can be considered too, but it has to be at the same price 1000euro ish without taxes.. (with screen (23" or more)).

Thanks for the help.
I'm especially looking for GPU tips.
Vanhouckes new gaming rig Knipse10
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 am

Update: made some changes:
Vanhouckes new gaming rig Knipse11
Back to top Go down
WhatTheFrag
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 am

Looks awesome. I don't think I can find anything better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:35 pm

i would gone for AMD Razz

But that since ive always had AMD and it havent let me down Smile

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T <3
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:32 pm

I wouldn't go with dell, the only parts that run on Dell machines are Dell products. Not much flexibility and the price for replacement parts would be expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Ordered the above,
+24" full hd screen
+1TB 7200rpm 64mb cache disk for space (SSD are way too small)

Thanks for the input, I hope I can start using it soon (could take some weeks)
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:11 pm

i wouldn't go dell also, as they tend to put lots of bloatware on their PCs. And if you have the money, getting a SSD and using it solely for the OS is a good idea, so you don't have to partition the HDD when installing whatever OS you go with. I like your choice of GPU, and your power supply looks like its on par with the rest of your system. hope your build goes well!
Back to top Go down
blacklotus87
Corporal
Corporal
blacklotus87

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

But i dont get to build it! wheres the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
blacklotus87
Corporal
Corporal
blacklotus87

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm

then go newegg.com
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 am

Jeffay123 wrote:
i wouldn't go dell also, as they tend to put lots of bloatware on their PCs. And if you have the money, getting a SSD and using it solely for the OS is a good idea, so you don't have to partition the HDD when installing whatever OS you go with. I like your choice of GPU, and your power supply looks like its on par with the rest of your system. hope your build goes well!

Thanks. Payment has been made, hope they ship soon (but there was an order delay of 5 days on some parts..)
I'll keep you guys up to date of my building progress.
I calculated the PSU on 490Watt, so 650W should be fine indeed.
I'll use the SDD for windows, and some core programs (games).
Data will come from the 2nd disk (especially for film editing).

I only buy Dell for business PC's, they have a stunning service. Next business day rocks.
And I did need it for the laptop here, burned quite some GFX cards scratch
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Pffftt... Crappy build, should have gone with a GTX580, 30" monitor, the lastest i7 2700k CPU, and like a 600gb SSD.

Naw, that should last you a few years. And next day service; can't beat it. Not too sure how the buisness class does on gaming as I've tried with the Latitudes. The Laptops are crap for gaming; at least for the ones we get here at work.
Back to top Go down
blacklotus87
Corporal
Corporal
blacklotus87

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

what all hardware are you looking btw, if you are looking at upgrading it in the near future, I would of gone with a much bigger power supply.
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Trister wrote:
Pffftt... Crappy build, should have gone with a GTX580, 30" monitor, the lastest i7 2700k CPU, and like a 600gb SSD.

Naw, that should last you a few years. And next day service; can't beat it. Not too sure how the buisness class does on gaming as I've tried with the Latitudes. The Laptops are crap for gaming; at least for the ones we get here at work.
My budget didn't allow that.. Sad
NBD is awesome, but gaming on the Precision series isn't good.. They are powerful enough, but for that price you can buy a much better DirectX card, since most GFX in precision series is OpenGL based. (quadro FX series).

Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:01 pm

@ Trister, 30" monitor ??? seriously you have that bad eye sight ? xD

and Vanhoucke, just wait for the feeling when you bring a new pc home! its sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Lol man I don't get why you get that fecking sexy hardware and not a better graphics card... you could've toned down the 12GB RAM or something to put towards a better video card D: But oh well can't change it now xD Just gonna say that 560Ti may be the only thing limiting you for video games and video editing with extreme graphics. I would say go ATi, but Nvidia is way better in performance for video editing processes.
Back to top Go down
DeltaMeter
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
DeltaMeter

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Trister wrote:

Only 1 580? Man you should have gone for a SLI 590.
Back to top Go down
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

holy hell, a 30" monitor?! i just have my 21.5" wall mounted so that if i need to i can just pull it a bit closer or further away. i'm getting a new 27" soon though! mmmmm

i think this is a good build for the budget. and, oh man im jealous that you got the sabertooth mobo bounce i'm running an MSI amd board thats been wonderful to me but if i had to switch to intel, that'd be the board i'd get!
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Endrane wrote:
Lol man I don't get why you get that fecking sexy hardware and not a better graphics card... you could've toned down the 12GB RAM or something to put towards a better video card D: But oh well can't change it now xD Just gonna say that 560Ti may be the only thing limiting you for video games and video editing with extreme graphics. I would say go ATi, but Nvidia is way better in performance for video editing processes.
If it limits me, I still can go for a dual 560ti can't I?
Ow, the ram was 20euro more for 12 instead of 6, just very low budget the DDR3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh nice Razz But I don't really suggest SLI most times, because there are lots of issues in games with people who have CFX or SLI. They fix it, but after spending lots of time tweaking stuff. I dunno I guess you could just go with that, because I thought cards like 580 and 590 were multiple times better than the 560 xD
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 am

Yeah, the 570 is a great performer for the price, and if you get a high quality one, you should overclock it like donuts. SLI isn't great, even though I have an SLI 570 setup (hopefully I can sell them along with some spare part for money for either a 590 or 3 580s), I'd rather go single card, as it'll run into far less driver issues once the drivers start getting developed towards the Kepler series. Kinda ironic how I might end up with 2 or 3 580s... xD
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Marcuz

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Vanhouckes new gaming rig Hard_training
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:13 pm

ooohhh, shiny new stuff..... looks good..... Seal of Approval !!
Back to top Go down
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal
zloty99

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:48 pm

I would do only one change instead of 2600 I would go for 2600k (allows overclocking)
but its too late anyway Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, the 2600 will do I hope Razz
And I just called them for the status of the order..
SSD delays it all, will take at least one more week. (They only get deliveries on Tuesday of that provider..)
That sucks for me, another week without kickass PC.
#Firstworldproblems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanhouckes new gaming rig   Vanhouckes new gaming rig Empty

Back to top Go down

Vanhouckes new gaming rig

View previous topic View next topic Back to top