13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Gaming Peripherals EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Gaming Peripherals EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Gaming Peripherals EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Gaming Peripherals EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Gaming Peripherals EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Gaming Peripherals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 pm

I was talking with a few school friends on skype lately while studying for exams, and after studying one night, we came upon the topic of gaming peripherals and whether they enhance your gaming performance and/or experience. Now, with my friends all being fairly heavy gamers themselves, they were able to get their hands on a nice mouse, keyboard, and a headset (eg. gaming keyboard/mouse/high end-ish headset).

I myself am not really a believer in having nice gaming hardware (NOT PCs, PERIPHERALS!!), but I do have a decent gaming headset (which I do believe is essential for some games). When I bought a mechanical keyboard, I got it for the purpose of being able to type for a 3-4 hours without hand cramps. I also have a wireless mouse, which for alot of people, is a huge no-no for gaming, especially FPS.

So I'd like to hear your opinion. Do you think that gaming peripherals really enhance your gaming performance and/or do you have them yourself? And this is within reasonable boundaries. Of course having a ball mouse or something from 1995 is obviously, well, bad.
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm

well i think in some games it is quite handy to have some very decent gear

as for a 1995 roller mouse whoever still has that is a bum and bun
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:24 pm

I've noticed my experience improve after switching from a Logitech MX518 (Still a good mouse) to a Razer Deathadder 2013.

I still use a stock cheap keyboard though
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm

I used to have a joystick back in the day and also I think I had a steering wheel peripheral for my racing games before.

Now I just have the basics. Wireless mouse is a no go definitely, especially in FPSs...sometimes you may be in action where you may move the mouse so frantically the wireless signals do not propagate in time (or at least thats what i think is going on)

Keyboard and Mouse are both stock Acer equipment, sometimes they get a little annoying. I know some of my keys will get stuck giving me some problems (especially hate when "Ctrl" gets stuck).

Though I think my mouse is good for FPS games because its actually super sensitive (not the motion but the actual clicking-mechanic). I'll think I have clicked once but if I reduce my finger's pressure on the mouse button by even only an infinitesimal amount and apply an equal amount of pressure back, it'll count it as multiple clicks--helps in FPS, makes me double, sometimes triple, post on the forums No
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
skya297
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
skya297

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm

What about Xim? Thought s about that? I am actually thinking about ordering it....way easier to aim with a mouse.

http://xim3.com/

Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 pm

skya297 wrote:
What about Xim? Thought s about that? I am actually thinking about ordering it....way easier to aim with a mouse.

http://xim3.com/

I haven't played console seriously in years, and I'd definitely prefer to not have to adapt to a completely new control system. That thing is actually pretty cool, I might pick one up for myself sometime down the road.
Back to top Go down
Salzmun
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Salzmun

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

I think there is a difference between gaiming gear and standart desktop-stuff...
Actually i'm using the G510 Keyboard, the G700-mouse and the G35-Headset from Logitech.
This is pretty nice gaming stuff and to that it's very specialized.
you got more cormfort and higher ergonomics and and and....
makro-buttons and different setups on mass...
well i could tell more but i think "nuff said"
the biggest problem is the prize of the hardware...
but if you're a hardcore gamer it's definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

I use a $10 gaming mouse.... its a pretty solid mouse, 5-buttons, so nothing special, but it definitely does help a lot...... oh, and I have a razer mouse pad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WaterMelon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
WaterMelon

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

It depends on if you have the money to blow. If you do, by all means you should get a mechanical keyboard of your preference and a high DPI capable mouse of your preference.

Keywords: YOUR PREFERENCE.(not yelling at you, Capslock is for emphasis)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming Peripherals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Peripherals   Gaming Peripherals Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming Peripherals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top