13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Time to get Practice Under Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:35 pm

I completely agree Widget. Tactics work best. I am also like you, an "IN YO FACE" kind of player (A Recon with a shotty, lol). I am also very intrested in incorperating Real World tactics into this game.

As for the voice, I personally run Vent, as xfire will usualy lag me, and it gets old after awhile. But, I will go with the main choice, as I have both installed, and ready to get fired up!

Be good!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:51 pm

I wonder how many times I've wanted to shout "Behind you man!" but couldnt type it fast enough Sad

Oh, and I think it's coordnation first and tactics later
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree. To have full tactic work, we need to be highly coordinated. What a Face

Be good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Nmd12345 wrote:
I wonder how many times I've wanted to shout "Behind you man!" but couldnt type it fast enough Sad

Oh, and I think it's coordnation first and tactics later

Epic post Very Happy The Opening P4F Coup it's next so we'll need a great tactic and team gameplay never mind if we are Broncos,Eagles,Marauders or Dragoons
Back to top Go down
Jensin
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 pm

I think we should start penalizing players for not showing up to practice unannounced, You should tell bronx or SL or SA that you will not be able to make up instead of just not showing up. Also if you dont get in vent during practice, just leave the server. I think a strike system should be involved, like 3 strikes and your on probation or something. This should help weed out those players who are just there to mess around and not act as a team, cause we grew fast and ive run clans before and i know that if your recruit a lot of people over a short amount of time, some of those players are there to just mess around.

Secondly, we shouldn't blame our practice problems on anything but ourselves. Who cares if we dont have our own sever, if we have at least 2 people in a server, they can still be practicing. With more its even better. Thats what is important as a 13th MEU is our ability to adapt to any combat situation, even without knowing what our teammates or the enemies are doing. The more we practice this, the better we will be in clan matches in adapting quickly and efficiently toward the enemies tactics.
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Jensin is right we have 4 or 5 players that have not made it to practice and just mess around when in game
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 pm

That is something that will be brought up and discussed, thank you guys for your input.

As for the practices, your absolutely right Jensin. That is also what I was getting at with my post. When we get our server we can control it and it would be easier, however, even without the server, we can still talk and team up. If your on the same server and same team as a fellow MEU member, then talk and work together.

Also, there has been talk about doing the P4F cup thing. I am for it, but keep in mind that we will be going aginst people who work together and know their stuff. We are good, but we need to work on our communication and makeing sure everyone plays their role. If your a medic, then heal/rez as people need it, sniper, call targets, engineer, take out vehicles, and assult keep the ammo boxes down and kill people.
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm

I am so freaking down for the P4F Cup and we have untill 26th of May to sign up and the competition on June 3 to get our act together (but only 16 clans per continent so decide fast haha). As said earlier we need to stop blaming the servers as a clan we should be able to adapt to ANY combat situation like real US Marines.
Back to top Go down
Rticfox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Rticfox

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Widghet wrote:
That is something that will be brought up and discussed, thank you guys for your input.

As for the practices, your absolutely right Jensin. That is also what I was getting at with my post. When we get our server we can control it and it would be easier, however, even without the server, we can still talk and team up. If your on the same server and same team as a fellow MEU member, then talk and work together.

Also, there has been talk about doing the P4F cup thing. I am for it, but keep in mind that we will be going aginst people who work together and know their stuff. We are good, but we need to work on our communication and makeing sure everyone plays their role. If your a medic, then heal/rez as people need it, sniper, call targets, engineer, take out vehicles, and assult keep the ammo boxes down and kill people.

thnx for the comment... some people don't even communicate spotted info and others don't trace ...this is essential for tanks, apc, jets, etc. because they need to know where the enemy vehicles are and how to approach them ....
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 pm

NMD has made a great statement. Though I would like to say there is a difference between strategy and tactics. I think these tactics you say are more strategies since strategies are a long-term goal you want to accomplish. Tactics are the simple things that help you accomplish your strategy. If you want an analogy, it'd be like this:

Tactics is to tackling or blocking : Strategy is to the actual Plays like "Hail Mary" or "Flee Flicker."

I wouldn't blame it exactly on the server, BUT, I think we're trying too hard, since this is not the first time this has happened. What I think is we should PAIR up instead of everyone trying to get together. Like yesterday, I was rolling with Ironbat. It worked since I was a medic and he was assault. I let him do the dirty work and I'd do the reviving. If we both got shot like from behind, we ended up almost always spawning really close to each other (at least at the same base). If only I got shot...then I'd have to catch up lol.

But pairs is what we should work on. Like splinter said about scout sniper teaming. Cross-map sniper strategies can work but do require trust and faith in your partner to actually be there and all. I think pairs work a little better than teams of three too btw. 3 people is a lot harder to manage than just 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 pm

Team sniping can be deadly with well trained snipers
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Exactly, a Sniper Scout team. It can be a team of two anything as long as one of them is a sniper.
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:42 pm

I think flaming bear means that two snipers (one wounding the enemy and one giving the killing blow) can be devastating

But a spotter and a killer is great idea witch should be imported
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Well a Scout/Spotter's job is also to handle some close range stuff wielding like an Assault Rifle or Carbine or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Agreed! nice bronx!
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Yes, agreed. ALthought its always good to know if one sniper hits and doesn't kill, another bullet is right behind it for back up. And two snipers could easily lay down enough claymores to cover their position
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 am

maybe 3 people in a team an assault 2 snipers in case ammos a problem and close range
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:13 am

idk teams of 3 would be good.
1 medic 1 assault 1 engineer

if we do teams of 8 it would be 2 teams with 1 medic assualt and engie. then 2 snipers spotting targets and giving support from the rear. The assualt takes point engineer in the middle and the medic sitting back giving support and med packs when needed. The medic is the most important man he can revive you and keep your squad strong. So you medics out there dont do anything stupid only only fire if you have to.

benifit of having 3 is if 1 guy dies there will still be 2 left that can carry out the objective, instead of there just being one guy having to carry it out by himself.
with teams of 3 there would be 2 extra teammates (snipers) giving them support and spotting enemies. Also in every fireteam they would have every skill. Medic : health Assault: ammo and Engie: Anti vehicle. No need to scream for supplies or an engie if there right next to you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:56 am

Well I was reading wikipedia... lol and since you guys like military things I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireteam

-Please note: IT IS wikipedia, so dont trust everything you read and I barely know anything about it.

I'll quote some interesting things, in case you guys dont wanna read it:

"Fireteams generally consist of four or fewer soldiers and are usually grouped by two or three teams into a squad or section."

"The concept of the fireteam is based on the need for tactical flexibility in infantry operations. A fireteam is capable of autonomous operations as part of a larger unit. Successful fireteam employment relies on quality small unit training for soldiers, experience of fireteam members operating together, sufficient communications infrastructure, and a quality non-commissioned officer corps to provide tactical leadership for the team."

"A team is often reduced to only two men in combat."

-Note: There are several examples inside the link and the usual structures that the US Army, US Marines, British Armed Forces, Canadian Army and other nations usually use... but I'm not quoting them so I can keep this reply small.

I'm also not suggesting we do this, infact I disagree with some... I'm simply providing this information (which isn't mine and its unverified) to help us think of something. I'm tired now, Sad so I hope I didn't make a mistake...
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

The idea of fireteams, atleast from the Marine Corps point of view, is exactly what you said, a small strike team that works with 1 or more other fireteams to complete an objective. Think of this. One fireteam assults directly, while a 2nd flanks. Or a 3rd flanks from the other side. Each with an assult, medic, and engineer. you got all sides covered and are better to obtain your goal then a single team, or even a single person.

That is what I intend to use fireteams for. Wether we actually use set teams, or just break up on the fly, which would require alot of competant and quick decision making team members.

Remember to look at the stratagy guilds that Iron posted with the maps and stuff. The "play book" i think it was called. That is something we could use for the squad as a whole. Like calling a "iron wall defence." Once called on vent, everyone gets into position adn calls targets and holds their ground. Fireteams staying near each other for support. The sniper is almost always the "odd man out" as they are best used in a high spot, but still part of a team or atleast assisting the squad as a whole. Either way, we need a few snipers, and good ones also, but not everyone can be a sniper.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Engineers are great to have on a team except for the map sharqi unless there good with their gun still. So yes, I think the team should consist of 3 to 4 players, and the number of combinations is endless for classes, but a good team of just 2A and 2M would be great, especially if both medics can revive and both assault have full nades. If medic drops, the other can revive. And 8 nades between two assault is epic. 2 medics could lay down some heavy close fire and assaults could also but do good ranged shooting for covery fire or taking out snipers. Sniper teams could consist of two snipers, that can be called on by fireteams for support. Engineers could always be used for vehicle backup and taking out vehicles in a fireteam if an enemy vehicle comes in way. The only lack of their skill use is on Sharqi.

I think the organization of fireteams will come into play once we have our own server, and discuss before getting in game who will be playing what so our whole team will have a balance. A combo of 4A, 4M, 4S, and 4E is always good. or we could just have 2E and add on 2 more A or M. or whatever other combo we talk about before starting playing
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Any chance of some definite dates? I haven't read the entire thread, only the first page, but would like to know some sort of reference for times of practice, where I can just boot up my PC and join in with you guys.

Regards,
-Noobio.
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Practice is dependant on your squad. Each squad has times and days of the week they practice. Other then these "offical" practices, there is always people online that should welcome you in a game and you can practice any time.
Back to top Go down
logan2605
Private
Private
logan2605

Location : Stuck between a rock and another rock, DAMN GLITCHES

PostSubject: Plan of operations: sweeping claw   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am

A team of 3 will take the APC sitting in the water infront of the carrier and sweep through the river on the lefthand side of the map to take d. A team of 3 will take the transport chopper for a quick take of b. Yet another team of 3 will take the boats and take a, without a or d we have no armour support. 4 people will take the aircraft and target enemy armour. The final two will take point. After the transport helo has landed its members will continue to move up and take, hold, and defend d alongside the APC. The boat team will grab vehicles and move up and take c, having a defensive line
Just north of c using the hills and gas station roof for cover. Once d is cleared, the holding team will do the following; 1 shall man the aa gun, this is imparative to keep our armour support alive. two will grab the tank stationed there and position itself on the incline to d facing the road to c and RU HQ. Two will take to the rooftops at d and a the final sodier has point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get Practice Under Control   Time to get Practice Under Control - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to get Practice Under Control

View previous topic View next topic Back to top