13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Is Reach worth buying? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Is Reach worth buying? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Is Reach worth buying? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Is Reach worth buying? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Is Reach worth buying? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Is Reach worth buying? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Is Reach worth buying? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Is Reach worth buying? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Is Reach worth buying? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Is Reach worth buying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burntreez4fun
Private
Private
burntreez4fun

Is Reach worth buying? Empty
PostSubject: Is Reach worth buying?   Is Reach worth buying? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Before you answer please consider this. I have never been a fan of Halo on xbox live. I loved the campaigns, but I played Halo 2 online for about 2 weeks before I moved on and never touched it again. Halo 3 only lasted me about a week after I finished the campaign. I didn't even bother with ODST. For whatever reason, I was just not able to get into any of those games' multiplayer components.

However, many years ago there existed a basement. In this basement there were two identical rooms. Each room contained 2 couches, 2 big screen TVs, 2 xboxes, 2 copies of Halo, and 8 controllers. This basement is where some of my greatest memories of video gaming were created.

Playing the original Halo with a large group of people, (10-16) with each team getting their own room, was a phenomenal experience for me, especially when Halo was a brand new thing. We would get together about once every week or two and just have these epic battles that raged on throughout the night. For me, those were the glory days of Halo.

Sorry if I am starting to ramble on, but my question is this: Should I buy Halo Reach? Is the single player alone worth buying it for? Is the multiplayer good enough to make me forget that I will most likely never be able to replicate my Halo 1 experience? How is it different from Halo 3? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Darthjames684
Private
Private
Darthjames684

PostSubject: Re: Is Reach worth buying?   Is Reach worth buying? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Totally. You can run this time. Awsome graphics. Good gameplay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Is Reach worth buying?   Is Reach worth buying? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 am

I never played Halo 1 or 2. I did a little bit of Halo 3, but not much. I bought Reach recently and I have to say the campaign isn't amazing, but it's pretty awesome.

Forge world is pretty cool, but takes some patience. Firefight is awesome with all the customization. Matchmaking is fun and isn't very annoying like games like BC2 and CoD, being that nothing is overpowered because everyone starts out essentially the same. This is mostly the same as Halo 3, but Reach tweaked a few things.

Melee now only and always takes out the shield first, so there aren't anymore moments where two people are shooting at each other, and one uses melee to score that cheap pummel through the last of your shield.

No more dual wielding, which isn't essential in any way but it opens up use for the new armor abilities. The armor abilities are a bit of a slight changer, as you don't know what your enemy has up his sleeve in a firefight.

Elites are now gametype specific, because they now act like actual elites. This being that their shields are larger, their health regenerates, and they have access to the Evade (barrel roll...) ability.

Oh, and your health doesn't regenerate. Your shield goes down and your open for death unless you find a health pack after a fight.

Sorry if this wasn't much help at all... it's 11 o' clock and I'm about to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Is Reach worth buying?   Is Reach worth buying? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 pm

I'll improve of Pig said, most of what he said is accurate.

Firstly, if you enjoyed Halo: CE then you'll enjoy Reach's aiming system, as it's very much similar in terms of the original Halo.

However, given armor abilities and a new selection of weapons/vehicles, the game play will be at least 75% different if not more. Though if I must say, it's vastly different then any Halo multiplayer as of date, it requires a completely new strategic approach then any of it's predecessors. I've noticed for one thing, it actually requires more group effort to succeed.

The campaign will lead you straight into Halo: CE's campaign, so if you're big on the story.. you'll very much enjoy the campaign. Though as said above, given the new game elements it is a 100% different approach to the actual campaign game play.

Forge is amazing, hands down. Reach has so many features I wish Halo 3's forge option had. If you're a creative individual then you'll have a very high output of respect for the map editor. As a plus, you're also given a huge canvas to build upon, with a enormous amount of stuff to build with. The budget's a lot larger then Halo 3's as well.

As Pig said, you're Health is very much similar to Halo: CE's. Health Packs are necessary. However, your health can actually regenerate if you've only lost 3 bars. If you've lost less then 3 bars then it will not regenerate at all, and at that point you'll need a health pack. It's an interesting approach to be honest. Say 2 people are battling it out and they both have full shields but one has weaker health. If they both deplete each others shields at the same time, then the guy with less health will die first. Think of the shield as armor, and your health as.. you're health.

There's loadouts in Reach. Each loadout having a different armor ability attached to it. Depending on your game type, loadouts may have different weapons also.

I think Halo: Reach is an amazing game, but I've been with Bungie from day 1 with the start of their flash games, to Marathon, to their anime ONI games, and then to the Halo series. There hasn't been any game I've disliked to be honest.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Reach worth buying?   Is Reach worth buying? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Reach worth buying?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top