13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. Empty
PostSubject: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 pm

I think we should have a designated job for each person in the Bad Company Squad. We make a kit, a name - and then we are tested by our SL to see how effective we are with it.

i.e. - I would be BC1 Demolitions. This class uses Explosives, and Shotgun - both that I use very well.

I could use the Assault Kit for close quarters demolition.
Engineer for medium range, and heavy armored targets.
Recon for Spec Ops Demolition (Being behind enemy lines, destroying gun emplacements and exiting armor)

It's just an idea, and it would just be a default placeholder class - the Squad Leaders can tell you to change classes if needed.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah, I figure this wouldn't bode well with the current state of the clan. Maybe once we get the 87 Bajillion members on break come back.
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 pm

I actually prefer switching classes a million times in one match depending on my situation
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm

it's not class specific really, it's your certain responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 am

Goldblade911 wrote:
I actually prefer switching classes a million times in one match depending on my situation
I generally run into issues with this.

For instance:
Player one- Medic
Player two- Assault
Player three- Engineer
Player four- Recon

If player one decides "Hmm, I'm kinda bored of healing everyone, I'll go assault" this throws the current balance of the squad completely off.

Maybe Player Two wants too stay Assault?

No medic. Two assaults.

Player three offers too go Medic.

No engineer and still two assaults.

Not too mention, communication has too be a priority when kit switching be it in the menu or on the battlefield because if I'm used too you healing me and all of a sudden we come under fire or I go down and you've jumped over too engineer, I'll be a bit confused and frustrated.
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 am

gog, it might help when you actually listen to your fireteam leader. you barely spawned on me during that conquest map on arica harbor, and when you did, you kinda went off and did your own thing or (more often) joined up with fireteam whiskey who didn't request for our help. so there i was trying to get objectives done by myself and you were on the clear opposite side of the map with the other fireteam. how am i suppose to heal you?

as far as brano's idea goes, i think it is good thinking. by everyone having a default role, then you can depend on other people to stick to their roles. that way, things like expecting a medic to heal you but then not getting healed because he's switched to assault wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 am

You two need to cut it out.

Gog made a good point, this happens ALL THE TIME.

I'm pretty sure Dtiger would've told you two to squash that S***.

Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:43 am

primalfury97 wrote:
gog, it might help when you actually listen to your fireteam leader. you barely spawned on me during that conquest map on arica harbor, and when you did, you kinda went off and did your own thing or (more often) joined up with fireteam whiskey who didn't request for our help. so there i was trying to get objectives done by myself and you were on the clear opposite side of the map with the other fireteam. how am i suppose to heal you?

as far as brano's idea goes, i think it is good thinking. by everyone having a default role, then you can depend on other people to stick to their roles. that way, things like expecting a medic to heal you but then not getting healed because he's switched to assault wouldn't happen.
Oh boy, here we go.

I said nothing about you or tonight or anybodies play-style. Like Brano said it happens all the time.

I called you out on it during practice because I dislike when it happens.

I made that post because I dislike when it happens.

It's got nothing to do with you, I'm not just changing my opinion because of something you did, my dislike for you isn't unreasonable.

I just don't like your play-style.

Everything in your post such as you not being able to heal me is just jumping to conclusions and doesn't belong here.

I'm open to conversation, but the clan doesn't need to hear it.

ON A RELATED NOTE I agree with your second half, except if you're a designated sniper or something, I swear to god... I'll cry.
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:58 am

thats true dude, idk just the way you say it irks me bigtime. I totally understand how frustrating the game can get, and i think that morale would be better if we keep our frustrations from becoming negative outbursts in-game.

pretty sure marines wouldn't tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
GhettoSmurf7
Sergeant
Sergeant
GhettoSmurf7

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:13 am

i think this would work if we have squads stay in tight formation. 2 assaults or 1 assault and 1 recon demo in front, engineer in middle, and medic in back to cover the rear and revive anyone fallen. the medic's the most important to keep alive. it might even be wise to have 2 medics. and if someone wants to change their class, then they should let the squad know what they want to change to so that another squad mate will switch with him. I would think most of us change classes often if we're not making a difference on the battlefield and think that by changing class we will show improvement which is a good reason to switch in order to have a squad that makes a difference in the game.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:45 pm

As for being a fireteam leader, I'd prefer if I'd see this in this particular order (of importance that is). Game stategy flow should look like the following, should it have to be spelled out into protocol. Perhaps there should be a flow chart for such later on.

1. Fireteam leader issues loadout commands and/or command calls --> fireteam complies
2. Fireteam loads their default "most-useful" classes unless otherwise ordered.
3. Fireteam leader does not issue loadout command and/or command calls --> fireteam does what they think is useful.

Switching between classes without letting others know is also deadly. Your frontlines may collapse because someone expecting a friendly medic may be relying on an already-respawned Recon. LET OTHERS KNOW YOU'RE SWITCHING CLASSES. This is part of what we should expect to be good communication practice amongst our squadplay and should be a norm in our squadplay attitudes.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:08 pm

running drills in practice and having a standard for a specific task would be best. getting people to commit to learning is the hardest part though.

i'm not sure telling someone to change classes would fly, you will just irritate people and they will eventually quit the game and eventually probably the clan. i know some people will say, good because they should listen, but it's not realistic.

i think it boils down to something like gog said, once more from the clan are on, we will see better results. it's summer, people are gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.   Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements. Empty

Back to top Go down

Small Idea - Enhanced Soldier Placements.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top