13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Overclocking Help EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Overclocking Help EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Overclocking Help EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Overclocking Help EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Overclocking Help EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Overclocking Help EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Overclocking Help EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Overclocking Help EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Overclocking Help EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Overclocking Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey guys!

For you top-rated Computer Geniuses out there, I want to bring up a matter.

Unless you've read the Crusader Topic, you don't know that my processor is pretty slow for the game.

I have a 2.1 Ghz Duo processor when you need 2.0 Ghz duo to even run the game. So, I was going to overclock it. I tried the BIOS menu, but there's no option in our BIOS to change the CPU/multiplier settings.

So, my conclusion is that there's a jumper/microdip I have to change on the motherboard. I looked at it today but couldn't see it because my computer is so compact--my CD drive covers the RAM and thats were the jumpers/microdips are supposed to be.

It is an Acer Aspire X1200 if you can help Smile

Thanks Smile

Here's what it looks like:

Overclocking Help Acer_aspire_x1200-400-400
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:27 pm

It seems to me he KNOWS how to overclock, just not how to on that computer. I looked around, a lot of people said they couldn't. But here's 1 link:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592541

Go all the way to the bottom, read the other posts if you want. But there is a link at the bottom, which is this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

It looks pretty promising, restating that Nvidia made it, the product looks like it has great capability from the description, and it states exactly what it can too. I'll try it out in the future, if I ever need to overclock or even monitor system temperatures (because it can do that!)
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:30 pm

I tried the nvidia link and when I downloaded and installed it, the monitor (the screen that shows you the actual temperatures and such) worked fine, but the nTune (I think this is the screen that allows you to adjust settings) didn't open up.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm

So yeah, i tried that guys. No help there.

But, I did open up this case and took it all out almost. I adjusted the jumpers every time I shut down and re-started the computer.

It scared me to death when I actually fried THIS processor. I thought it wouldn't work anymore but it turns out that when I gave it a few minutes, it was working again.

my Jumpers look like this: (birdes eye view)

Code:
. . . .  . .
. . . . . . .      . . .
1 2 3 4 5 6 7      8 9 10

A jumper takes up two pins, which brings up many combinations. So, at first when you open it, it is situated on the 9 and 10 pins (horizontally).

9+10 was my control group. Then I tried it on the 8 and 9. 8+9 only made my links bigger on the screen. Like my desktop shortcuts. So, no real processing changes were made in the 8,9,10 pins.

Then, I moved it to the 7 pins (vertically--takes up both pins). My processor went like BOOOOOOM and then the LED light wouldn't start. Then my screen wouldn't turn on. I turned it off immediately using the LEDs because it got me pretty frightened.

Then I moved it to the 6 pins (vertically) and the same thing happened except I noticed it was a little slower than the 7.

Then, I moved to the 1 pins (vertically) and it did start up perfectly. I might have even underclocked it by putting it on the 1.

Then, I thought to myself that as you got down the pins, the less you clocked it. So, I tried putting it on the 3 pins (vertically), and to my mistake, I had did it like a few seconds after I tried the 1. So, I didn't give it enough time to start up. The fan started going and the light came on a bit, but after a few seconds the screen shut off, the lights went out, and the fan stopped turning. I smelt over the heat sync where the AMD 64 X2 Processor was and it was fried affraid

I was freaking out and trying to hold in my language. I was so worried since its my brother's computer and he was getting back from work in just an hour or two.

So, then I was putting the parts back of the computer where they were located like the CD Drive and the Jumper Cap and the Hard Drive and such. I hooked the power plug in and what do I know? It actually boots up. But, I didn't see it since I hadn't put my video cable back in yet. I heard the BEEP which assured me it worked Smile

So, I'm glad now.

But, yeah any help still?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overclocking Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overclocking Help   Overclocking Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Overclocking Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top