13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] Empty
PostSubject: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Greetings:

I wanted to start a thread regarding how to best help new BC2 gamers who join [13].

Dabrolly is working to recruit 3 new members but they are also new to the game. What advice should be given to new players?

My thoughts:

1: they should play the single player campaign to learn the basics.

2: they should review all of the tactics threads for insights into what we do.

3: they should review the BadAss maps to get a better feel for the territory

4: they might start off as medics because of the superior primary weapons

5: engineer class is also a great class to start with on maps with tanks

6: working to achieve important unlocks in all soldier classes is more important than completing a soldier class before moving on to the next. For instance, the valuable time wasted achieving the ReCon M95 versus making progress in another class. In this regard, we might come up with a guide to how far to get each class before focusing on finishing any single class.

7. If they are new, show them the utmost hospitality. We have to bring new people in with the mentality that they are essential

8. Revise the application to state if incoming recruits are new to the game or not. That way we can sign them up for classes

9. Allow the newer players to get a feel for a real squad. Introducing them to how the game is SUPPOSED to be played will influence their tactical understanding of the game.

10. Buddy System - Team up newer players with an Experienced MEU member to express harmony between members.

That's a start.

Axx

Last edited by bytehoven on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dabrolly
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 pm

To add on to that thought

7. If they are new, show them the utmost hospitality. We have to bring new people in with the mentality that they are essential

8. Revise the application to state if incoming recruits are new to the game or not. That way we can sign them up for classes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Great. Added to the master list.
Back to top Go down
dabrolly
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 pm

9. Allow the newer players to get a feel for a real squad. Introducing them to how the game is SUPPOSED to be played will influence their tactical understanding of the game.

10. Buddy System - Team up newer players with an Experienced MEU member to express harmony between members.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:21 pm

This Looks Awesome guys.
Key minimum Class levels to unlock:
Note that these are not about which classes are important, just where the par guns reside.
Assault up to C4, XM8
Engineer up to Gustav, SCAR (UMP is best but top tier and it's really not that important a difference)
Medic up to M60
Sniper up to Mortar, GOL
Everyone'll also want the G3

Open to debate.

Debrolly:
Good work man!

Hoven:
This is great work. You continue to amaze.
Few suggestions, not binding.

1. IDK this. Most folks have played FPS before and if they have, the campaign is (unlike the multiplayer) not very different from those. The campaign ignores some of the most important aspects of multi-player even to the point where it's misleading (sniper thunder level, which has some ppl convinced they don't pop up on enemy radar). I really believe that we should suggest they practice and get used to the multi-player in-game. If they're worried about messing up their stats, we can just remind them that the learning curve isn't THAT steep and they're stats will quickly recover. Also, they'll be unlocking guns and so on. I don't want to keep them from the campaign, but the more hours they spend on multi, the better for all of us (more unlocks, comprehension, etc.)

4. and the ability to RESURRECT ppl.... little thing there....
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Is this only for 360 gamers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:25 pm

A BASICS thread is something we haven't done yet and may be a lot of help. Like... "jump between seats of vehicles to improve their effectiveness" and " switch your guns when the guy starts to cock for a faster reload" and "you can always pull your chute" and you can jump out of helos whenever you want" and stuff like that. It would be boring to write but may be helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:55 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Is this only for 360 gamers?

Negative. New [13] members who are also new to the game would be a challenge on any platform, right. So, I would hope any knowledge base we develop here could be useful to all [13] BC2 players.

Feel free to move the thread to an alternate forum if the move would provide better exposure for all [13] members.

Axx
Back to top Go down
NarcoticDragoon
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 pm

My 2 cents would be : Don't forget the bullet drop,mainly while playing Recon.

I might come up with some other stuff later,this is all I can think of atm Razz
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm

I really like that buddy system idea. As a new member to the clan I'm still a little confused on how to get into practices, or who exactly to friend on xbl. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but I'm almost positive the buddy system would speed the process along for not only me, but all new members.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Communication nay good communication is key for proper squad movements. The new players need to know this. Both squad chat and party chat should be discussed. Also keep chat related to in game movements and the like while game is on
Back to top Go down
fun with explos
Captain
Captain
fun with explos

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:03 am

Communications is KEY. Without squad members reporting locations of enemies, strong holds, vehicles and the likes...your fellow squad members will more likely find out for themselves what your fate was. Key thing besides good enemy reporting....HIT THE BACK BUTTON when you see the enemy!

Also, Keep the squad/party chat lines clear of chatter; it's hard to report enemy locations when you can't be heard over the top of others talking. Try to keep your reporting to Squad Leaders/Fire Team Leaders: Short, Specific and Simple and then clear the line for other members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]   NEW BC2 Gamers to [13] Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW BC2 Gamers to [13]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top