13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) Empty
PostSubject: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Okay, so here we have command jealous of G.I.s LOL.

I'm taking ideas on how we can get cool insignia for Command.
I need:
Like a Star @ heaven A comprehensive list of rank titles for those that need them.
Like a Star @ heaven Somone with access and know how (like NukedU) to say that we can set it up so only those with proper rank can display the images to offer to post them.
Like a Star @ heaven Ideas on how ya'll want them to look

Let's get 'er done!

Here's a starting point. I know it sort of sucks, but it's a start.

Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) 102mae0
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Oh, like to show in what part of the Command Element they are? Nice. I think that would only be the 4 Admins: thebronxbomber, ZERO, zfinster, and our o-so-inactive _SA_Osiris

We might need to do some coding, which I don't think many of us know, to get these patches to only certain members. I'm guessing that's not even possible. Users can add whatever patch they want on their profile.
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Nucked might be able to do as he is good with codeing
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

yeah, but the logo looks nice but if you could do a patch for it that would be better, lol I'm sure you're sick of doing patches because you have done so many though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm

zfinster wrote:
yeah, but the logo looks nice but if you could do a patch for it that would be better, lol I'm sure you're sick of doing patches because you have done so many though.

LOL, don't worry. I wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't want to help more. alien

I agree about it looking better on a patch. I straight dont like it. It's meant to be an idea starter. I'm thinking of patches like it for all command that don't fit in squads. Like:
platoon leaders
division leaders
command element

Maybe one for each of these groups? Maybe brass instead of a patch? Am I missing any groups? Can nukedU code this, does he want to?

Thoughts/answers please...
Back to top Go down
zFinster
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
zFinster

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Hmm maybe instead of a patch a badge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zfinster
Avenger
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

We need Nuked's insight on this issue bounce
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 am

There may be a problem, I highly doubt it because I'm guessing there is no variable for the separate ranks. We need that because when coding you have to add a variable to tell it who or what to allow or block. Should we put it on the side where available to all, or someplace else. We could edit the rank images, so it would show the patch or badge beneath the users' rank insignia. I could do the work after you make the images, if you guys want to use my idea.

Keep replying!
Back to top Go down
NukedU
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 am

I can make it so only moderators (AKA Officers) Can add a CE Patch to user's profiles if needed.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 am

Lol wow, I forgot theres a simple option to allow Mods and Admins to add patches on profiles. FAIL on my part. The only mod is bronx, so I think thats good. We can put it on our profile page in that case... Disregard my previous posts xD
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

NukedU wrote:
I can make it so only moderators (AKA Officers) Can add a CE Patch to user's profiles if needed.
Wink

okay, good, part 1 done. now, who needs them and what do they need to say?
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Endrane wrote:
Lol wow, I forgot theres a simple option to allow Mods and Admins to add patches on profiles. FAIL on my part. The only mod is bronx, so I think thats good. We can put it on our profile page in that case... Disregard my previous posts xD

Not true, when I was setting up things like the Jump Wings, I made it so only mods could change it. It means only Admins can change it, so it wouldn't be just bronx.

But anyway, I like this idea, definitely a badge rather than a patch though, make it distinctively different from squad patches.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

[quote="Wolfhide"]
Endrane wrote:
definitely a badge rather than a patch though, make it distinctively different from squad patches.

mos def. good call.
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Spiralus wrote:

Here's a starting point. I know it sort of sucks, but it's a start.

It sucks just as much as my mega old banner aha Razz
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Lol you ppl stop proving me wrong. I've been corrected like 3 times now in this single thread xD
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 am

We luvs you endrane, just we have to beat you with a stick so you remember it Razz
Back to top Go down
chichaganook
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
chichaganook

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

Yus I need a patch for 1st Platoon Leader Very Happy Its The Americas, You Just Make it however is easiest For you
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Don't bother with a platoon one just yet, theres a shake-up in the organisation coming up (I think?)
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:02 am

okay, so can we get a comprehensive list of command breakdown and what they need to say/represent? Or should we hold off on this till after the resturcture?
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I'd say wait for the restructure, wouldn't want you to waste your time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)   Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches) Empty

Back to top Go down

Insignia for 13th MEU command (to go in the same spot as the sweet new squad patches)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top