13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense Empty
PostSubject: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense 2ijjatz

Here's D for zone 2. Twisted Evil
I'm thinking we take as many tickets as possible with those forward positions, beat 'em hard on the way in, then fall back and defend the snot out of Alpha, mining as we go.
Tank squad falls back slightly around that corner and lobs shot up behind alpha. They also keep mines on the street and man the AT turret when needed. they try to keep the builings around B conming down and generally level the city as much as possible (except for our builidings of course).
Recon perforates anything moving in both postions, manning the mgs in the fallback. Recon also knocks down buildings as they get into position.
Response team starts by creaming guys coming off the ridge from that little brick house NOT the under construction blding. and falls back onto Alpha with cqb and a bunch of medics. Response team should probly fall back slow and take tickets as they do, but when the fan and the poo are introduced to each other, response should be sitting ON Alpha.
Back to top Go down
http://dandreyer.carbonmade.com
Wmr0919
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Wmr0919

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 am

Originally I had an issue with the snipers being so close up, actually in front of the tank squad. Looking further into it though I think this is perhaps the only reasonable location that provides a clear line of sight and actually makes them useful. The problem however will be that if they're able to use the hills, rocks they might be able to sweep behind the sniper team so that's something to be considered. Perhaps you could split the Response team in half to assist the Snipers since they'll be seeing the majority of the action.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 pm

word.
In my experience, the offense tries that route in earnest only after they've tried the left. also, recon team should be able to go right and get shots on those guys.
Also,
**NOTE** - giving up Bravo is sort of part of the plan here. Not that it should be surrendered without a fight, just that A is a LOT harder for them to take and this defense revolves around holding A.
The enemy will start wrecking Recon's house when they realize they're there and have a medic. Recon should fall back to the next building and so on until they're at their fallback point.
I don't know if it was clear up top but, the defense of the this zone gets easier the fewer buildings are left standing. Leave them nowhere to hide and they'll have nowhere to hide.
Back to top Go down
blazingsun
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
blazingsun

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:19 am

I wouldn't waste my mines on the kind of mine grid thing you have there. From experience, i've noticed that if you put a bunch of mines on the sloped road, the tanks can't look that far down. The turret won't let them. I've had many kills by putting all my mines on the sloped road, right where it starts to go down.
Back to top Go down
Wmr0919
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Wmr0919

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 am

Another problem I do see here is the lack of a fallout plan for the snipers. Best believe that even with our tank squad our sniper building will probably be destroyed and need a fall back.
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Wmr0919 wrote:
Another problem I do see here is the lack of a fallout plan for the snipers. Best believe that even with our tank squad our sniper building will probably be destroyed and need a fall back.
? their fallback is into the two buildings under construction behind B. ( the lighter purple dots )
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 pm

blazingsun wrote:
I wouldn't waste my mines on the kind of mine grid thing you have there. From experience, i've noticed that if you put a bunch of mines on the sloped road, the tanks can't look that far down. The turret won't let them. I've had many kills by putting all my mines on the sloped road, right where it starts to go down.

Yeah, I have mine marked up there and they are of primary importance, just like you say. The mine grid in the city is trying to take into account that our enemies may not be dumb. Very Happy They can, and soon will (as ppl get better), be driving them down those side roads.
Back to top Go down
Wolfhide
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Wolfhide

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Spiralus wrote:
Wmr0919 wrote:
? their fallback is into the two buildings under construction behind B. ( the lighter purple dots )

Those buildings are the first place I look or mortar when I'm on attack, they are generally a bad option for a sniper; too open. I prefer a red brick house that has access to the 1st floor and the roof, near to the left AT emplacement on your map. This building also can function as a sniper post behind enemy lines if/when you lose that particular zone (i.e you can cover the current zone and the bridge).
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 am

Wolfhide wrote:

Those buildings are the first place I look or mortar when I'm on attack, they are generally a bad option for a sniper; too open. I prefer a red brick house that has access to the 1st floor and the roof, near to the left AT emplacement on your map. This building also can function as a sniper post behind enemy lines if/when you lose that particular zone (i.e you can cover the current zone and the bridge).

Right on man. I don't think when Recon falls back it will do much sniping. The thinking goes like this.
Once we've fallen back:
Bravo will have been lost (because we more or less gave it to them) so we need recon to have clean shots at alpha. From there, on the MGs, Recon will have overwatch on the entire area and be able to spot enemies coming through the city from the west. They should probably (I say probly because this plan has never been fully realized due to team size restrictions) keep a low profile and mostly shoot north until the enemy is good and bunched up in their sights on the west (above and left of Alpha)
We need to hold the shielded MGs so we don't loose the eastern approach (which happens if the enemies get their hands on them, not to mention the havoc they can wreck on alpha) and can keep fire on the western approach (which we'll be giving them).
The western construction building has good LOS down the street to the north and the eastern one has good LOS up the eastern approach as well as on Alpha itself.
The goal for all three squads working together is to get the enemy to run up the west (left) because of detering pressure from Recon squad and it just plain makes sense... and try to jump down in front of alpha where they get cut down from three directions at once. Twisted Evil
Recon squad WILL take the heaviest casualties because, as you say, they are very exposed there. AND they are split up. But that's where we need them.
There are two brick buildings (that I recall now) other than Response team's. The one next to the tank warp and the one north of bravo.
The brick house you mention is a great place to be, but from there, recon can't watch the east and it leaves the MGs to the enemies.
I'm not trying to set up good sniping spots with this play. I'm trying to get us into a situation where we can, working together, take 75 ATT before the enemy can destroy Alpha.

So... I guesse I'm saying "you're right but not in this particular plan. Not yet anyway, if it hits the fan all bets are off and we'll look at everything again, including that brick house" Smile

On a different note, we found out the other night that that house is a GREAT place to be on offense. lol. Our one squad gave their whole team a run for their money (it's dead center of their warp). So, this is a building tank squad should lvl.
Back to top Go down
implicitsword
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
implicitsword

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:52 pm

its also a good idea to have 1 recon on the far back left behind A watching that alley down from the construction building. its just a shooting gallery and helps prevent them from flanking whether through thinning their numbers or just providing intel
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 pm

implicitsword wrote:
its also a good idea to have 1 recon on the far back left behind A watching that alley down from the construction building. its just a shooting gallery and helps prevent them from flanking whether through thinning their numbers or just providing intel
well wouldnt that be better for a medic with magnum ammo and a gun with a massive magazine. He could just spray them and have an assault guy to give him ammo
Back to top Go down
implicitsword
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
implicitsword

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

its not always a constant stream and its a LONG alley so id prefer a recon to pick off the stragglers that think they are going to flank us. we could try it both ways and see which plays out better but its really all about how the enemy team plays
Back to top Go down
Spiralus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 pm

I hear you, but I believe it best to keep Recon squad where it is. More advanced, wider LOS, harder to kill and with a medic.
What you're suggesting would be something that Response team does if our other positions are working well and no charges are being armed. If a charge were lit and response started warping into the sniper roost I would be.... disappointed.... and possibly shoot someone.
Also, that red brick building I've laid out there for Response Team is BEAST and will take 50 tickets if they don't figure it out. Get a sensor ball out ahead, sit behind the wall with an assault and put C4 on the other side... pop out shoot some ppl, blow C4, rinse, repeat. A whole team working that building will be a nasty piece of work. also, from there you have LOS over the bottleneck. Between Tank Response and Recon I hope to choke them out at the bottleneck and not have to worry about that alley. If they do break through we give them the alley and fall back to take the rest of their tickets at Alpha. Very Happy

Last edited by Spiralus on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
implicitsword
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
implicitsword

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 pm

i was more saying a single recon not the whole recon squad sorry if i wasnt clear. i've just hade some nice experiences back there with a sniper rifle in hand picking off the flankers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I thought it might be worth reviewing how we lost on Arica Harbor last night.

- While defending base 1, the attackers focused on fast deployment using the Humvees and getting to our MComs while we were busy establishing tank positions and laying mines.

- When we see attackers deploy so well, we might be better served by dropping back to be a little closer to the Objectives. At the very least, we need someone positioned to provide LOS fire on the B objective if an enemy sneaks thru. We can't make it easy for them to take B when it's already easy to bring down A with destruction 2.0

- While attacking, the defenders effectively infiltrated our spawn stealing vehicles, manning the UAV and taking out spawning squad members.

- the enemy also effectively covered the MCom with LOS fire to kill squad members arming/disarming the objective. In most cases, these were ReCon class which also provided Mortar fire on the objective.

- Almost every enemy that beat me in a gun fight had Ceramic Armor. When the enemy squad is going for the edge offered with body armor, we need wear armor or be sure to run magnum ammo.

- the enemy very effectively used the UAV to take out our tanks. I know we usually do a good job of taking down the UAV so I'm not sure what to do differently. I believe the enemy offered such a diverse attack strategy we were occupied countering many tactics.

- It is possible to take the tank right up to the Base 4 B MCom. We had cleared the walls of the B objective building to make it easier to shoot enemy trying to arm the objective. I think we failed to have enough squad members targeting the MCom. Then they brought the tank right to the MCom to provide cover for their arming attempt. It worked.

- I also noticed we had 3-4 team smurfs pay no attention to attacking/defending, so with only 4 [13] players in the game, we were short handed compared to the more organized and cohesive enemy team.

- Maybe on nights like these, we play Squad Rush or DM instead, where the odds are more balanced in our favor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense   Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Arica Harbor Zone 2 Defense

View previous topic View next topic Back to top