13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation Empty
PostSubject: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 am

Not sure if any of you had seen this story. Just disgusting how the military can do this to personnel trying to convey a sense of "realism" towards FPS games. I don't see how any "secrets" could have been so mission critical that it could affect current military operations.

Story here.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:34 am

Maysbe squad movements, tactics, ways of operation, etc. We will never know, but when it comes to things like this, you need to be careful on OPSEC, and PERSEC. They obviously did not follow that rule.

I myself am glad they were reprimanded. Selling secrets you have been trusted with is simply unacceptable. I will add the punishments levied are exceptionally light for the deliberate disclosure of classified.

Furthermore, if they gave up unit TTPs, it will allow our enemies to develop counter movements and exploit them for their own use. That is why these things are classified: To keep you and your peers safe, and to give you an edge over the enemy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am

I'd have to agree with Splint. The Navy is saying they gave away confidential information. Confidential is confidential no matter who they gave it to, enemies or not. Obvoiusly these SEALS guys didn't go through the same process as those that made the movie Act of Valor who stated infomration was filtered by the Navy of what could and could not be in the movie for confidential reasons.

punishments levied are exceptionally light
- I suppose the worst could have been treason. Giving up confidential information but, EA isn't an enemy and, from reading, they received a mark on their career which could hinder their promotions to higher positions. Judging by the punishment, the confidential information may have not been all that significant and/or who it was given to.

It also shows that if these men were willing to give up confidential informtion to EA for a price, what's to say some corrupted memebers wouldn't do it for the enemies.
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
WillDill

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm

To me, unless they did give something that is really secret, then nothing should happen. If they get in trouble for showing there tactics and movements, then everyone on the SEAL training shows on the Military and Discovery channel should be reprimanded too
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

I don't understand how tactics and movements are mission critical though. Pretty much every FPS game I've played use "breach and clear" tactics. MoH didn't have anything "different" as far as tactics go.

I'm just so confused about what exactly they weren't allowed to do. If its secrets about the details about particular missions that were conducted, haven't other FPS games used former military personnel that talked about missions they had been on?

We'll never know obviously, but because the game pretty much ran like most FPS games..I don't really see what "secrets" were revealed.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:56 pm

That's how you know it must of been a really good secret because it's still a secret even after it's been revealed. lol
Back to top Go down
Insevin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't think any video game is worth using military information classified at any level. If you want the game to be that realistic just encourage players to join the military!
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Maybe it was because they were active duty--if they were retired and then leaked this information, I don't know if this same action would have been taken.

Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Classified is Classified, untill it is Declassified. What they sold off was Classified information. Doesn't matter if it was training, or what they had for breakfast. If it is classified, it is a NO go.

The stuff for shows and crap has been DECLASSIFIED. What these morons told was CLASSIFIED info. They should be punished much harder in my opinion. Selling secrets is wrong.

I can guarantee you that they are not being treated the best by their fellow members.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation   Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation Empty

Back to top Go down

Navy Seals Reprimanded for MoH Consultation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top