13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Happy Veterans Day EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Happy Veterans Day EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Happy Veterans Day EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Happy Veterans Day EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Happy Veterans Day EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Happy Veterans Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Happy Veterans Day Veterans
Image by: Trister

Happy Veterans Day! As you may all know, this is the day to celebrate all those who serve and have served in the military. These are the men and women who fought for our rights, fought for our lives, fought for our freedom, giving everything they can and survived to tell the story and to live, see, and cherish what they have paved, what they love, what they believe in... our country. Without them, we may be speaking a different language, living a different life, governed by a different government and have less freedoms than we currently have. These are the brave and courageous men and women who do what others cannot, unwilling to, or afraid to do. Some or most have sacrificed their health, their body, and their minds for us to be able to still stand, exist, and enjoy the everyday things our country has to offer. We should not takes the things we have for granted and not only appreciate them but, how we came to have them, how we came to keep them. So take a moment today and look around. Imagine the things you would not have, could not do, cannot say and when you come across a Vet, you may find yourself turning towards them, looking into their eyes, shaking their hand, to say, "Thank you", as it is the least we can do for them.

This day marks a very important day in history. The armistice was signed between to the Allies of WWI and Germany on the Western Front on "the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918. This was the official day that marked the cease fire on the Western Front, that for the most part, was a deadlock and was then known as Armistice Day. After WWII, the holiday was changed to Veterans Day (US) or Remembrance Day (British Commonwealth) but, remains the same for France and Belgium.

The wars today fail in comparison to the wars of yesteryears in that they were massive in number of fighting soldiers and deaths. Some places take a two-minute moment of silence at 11am to show respect to roughly 20 million fallen soldiers. I'm not about to bash the government for the seemingly lack of support for these and current Veterans but, there are many who provide assistance and care to the disabled; and even at that, it doesn't seem to be enough. If you're feeling generous or would like to assist the Vets, take a look around you for organizations to donate or volunteer in giving back for what they have done for us. It's hard to imagine how far we have come, in what these Vets have done for us, in what will soon to be 100 years.

Happy Veterans Day!

Last edited by News Team on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Have a safe and wonderful Veterans Day guys--even though it is almost over now. Pray for those in our Nation's Military, and those in other nations, that they may be safe and have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
ECO_RANGER
Sergeant
Sergeant
ECO_RANGER

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Happy Veterans Day ...And A Big Hoooah to all the Vets out there .. thank you for your serveices ! cheers
Back to top Go down
jackon23
Private
Private
jackon23

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:58 am

Happy Veteran's day! Everyone is very proud of you!
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.net/
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Toryin

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:54 am

Veterans Day - Every Day
just Saw this for the First Time , and want to express my upmost gratitude for every one wether now or in the past, whose made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Also i want to send out condolences to their loved ones, family and friends, left behind.
Now let me congratulate and salute those vets who made it back safe from the Battlefield, struggling to get back in to the normal life society. Now faced with the burden of keeping all the Darkness and hell they encountered sealed within, not even being able to share the pain with their familys.
This often leads to suicides or seperation of familys.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ip7r1SIPog5ds_RyeomhhRTvdZxA
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/11/11/let-us-honor-our-veterans-more-than-once-year/
These Vets for as long as they live, are doing the sacrifice everyday, over and over.
They should not b forgotten and a thank you is the very least they deserve for
Keeping us Free and Save.
As our Newsteam reported, there are many places where you can show your support.

Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
splintercellsz

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Many of our finest will be in combat as you read these words. They will cope with their losses and continue to fight. Mostly they are very young. It is common to meet a young combat trooper who has fought for several years overseas. He doesn’t make much money. A heartfelt “thank you” goes a long way.

They, we, and I... have lost friends. Many of our young veterans have been wounded more than once, and yet they are out there right now. Some have more Purple Hearts than stripes. Their strength and dedication is inspirational. Their courage seems bottomless.

Tonight, many will sleep on the ground, their ears ringing from the nearby bullets and blasts that they have experienced so many times. They have killed the enemy, and watched their buddies die in their arms. They have seen and smelled and heard things that most of us rather would not. They will carry these things forever as Veterans. Tonight they will fight. yet many Americans seem to have forgotten that many of our men and women are still out there, protecting their rights to live. Risking their lives to defend people that they will never know.

This is the longest war in the history of the United States. It’s far from over, and I feel it's effects daily, as I have a current family member deployed in Iraq. I have not forgotten, my family has not forgotten. But... I... I never will forget.

Please always remember those who have risked it all for you. I have lost too many to count, but in a way, it makes you appreciate life just a little bit more. When I die, I don't fear it... why? Because I will be with those who have given me my life, and risked theirs just so I can take another breath.

If you see a Veteran, or any Service member, please tell them how much you appreciate their service to you. Don't just do it on "Veterans Day". Treat every day as if it is Veterans Day.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Devil Dog Ben
Site Member
Devil Dog Ben

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:56 am

Veterans Day, it is a day to be remembered. But not one to be cherished. For no one wants to remember the events that caused those who didn't survive to become a Veteran.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Veterans Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Veterans Day   Happy Veterans Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Veterans Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top