13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
We Honor Our Veterans EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
We Honor Our Veterans EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
We Honor Our Veterans EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
We Honor Our Veterans EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
We Honor Our Veterans EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
We Honor Our Veterans EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
We Honor Our Veterans EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
We Honor Our Veterans EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
We Honor Our Veterans EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

We Honor Our Veterans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

We Honor Our Veterans Empty
PostSubject: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Today, we honor all of the brave men and women who have served this great country in uniform. We honor their commitment and their patriotism in defending our nation. These men and women served without hesitation and fought for the very ideals that make this country great. Many of those individuals made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms, and words will never be enough to express the gratitude and debt our nation owes to both them and their families.

After a decade of sustained combat, and as a new generation of veterans begins to come home, it has never been more important to recognize the sacred obligation we have to the members of our armed forces, and to provide and care for those who have served us so well.

Our veterans have made great sacrifices for us. We must ensure that when they return, these brave men and women are provided with the highest quality health care, that their families are cared for in times of need, and that their contributions are never forgotten.

Today, we must also remember those currently serving in the armed forces. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families that they return safely and swiftly.

I want to thank those who have served our great state and nation, and extend my gratitude to all who help make this country safe.

Sincerely,

AXX
Back to top Go down
tehepicness
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tehepicness

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Today at school we held our Big Veterans Days assembly, and I was honored to see my Grand Dad be included in the ceremony (I think he always has but still.) But I want everyone to remember what this day is for, and to remember the men and women who fighting for us over seas right now, and most importantly the ones who won't be making it back, one of my closest friends lost her cousin this past weekend when he was in Afghanistan. Always pray for, and remember those who are fighting for us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terminal-Addiction/118413301551914
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 pm

our middle school always held a veterans day ceremony, in which my grandfather participated once, but our high school just has a little history thing, and then a moment of silence for those who served, but i think that its just as good as a big ceremony as long as it delivers the same message. OORAH to those who serve, will serve, and have served
Back to top Go down
LunchIsGood
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
LunchIsGood

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 pm

I get a day off of school for Veterans day >=D Suckers!

I would like to thank everyone who have fought for our country. They will be remembered forever.
Back to top Go down
Arondeslo
Site Member
Arondeslo

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Happy veterans day, remember those who fought for freedom.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Cmdr.Ghost

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:00 am

When I was in the county choir in 7th grade, we sang this song at an Army base on veterans day. We held the hands of a veteran and sang this while looking into their eyes to show our appreciation for what they did for us. I still remember that day, seeing veterans tearing up while little boys sang their thanks and gratefulness. That was one sight to remember. These ordinary people risk their lives to defend their country, in order for us at home to live safely and peacefully at home. I'd like to thank everyone who is serving their country, who has served their country, and who died for their country. God bless us all.

Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 am

I was driving to work today and they put out several miles of huge American flags down the main highway in the center median. I did a small salute (to no one in particular) but I've had an uncle that was in the Navy during the first Gulf War.
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 am

We also had a small ceremony at my high school, and there were like 10 of our teachers who served and are serving. We also have loads of American flags set down at a place by our local bell tower in my town.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: We Honor Our Veterans   We Honor Our Veterans EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks for your service to us! You make a difference every day.

South Korean Anthem. Then, American Anthem, followed by the President of the United States of America.