13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
To all BC2 game veterans EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
To all BC2 game veterans EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
To all BC2 game veterans EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
To all BC2 game veterans EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
To all BC2 game veterans EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

To all BC2 game veterans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

To all BC2 game veterans Empty
PostSubject: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:25 pm

To all the veterans out there, I am asking you to step up and help out you fellow squadmates. Tell us what it is you do that makes you effective on the battlefield. Ie: weapon selection, movement, fire style, etc. We are a team, and as a team we are only as strong as our weakest link. That said, if your insight can make that weaker link stronger, it makes our team stronger.

I'm calling you guys out, show me whatcha got.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I am crap at computer games, so you shouldn't take this as gospel just my observations.

Know the difference between what can be blown up and what can't. Only ever shelter in things that can't. If you can, get inside something really solid to reload and reload with your back to cover and your front facing outwards. This should be the only way you reload, if you cannot get to this nirvana like state, draw your pistol and get there. If you run out of pistol ammo draw your knife and get there. Also, limited testing shows that you reload while swimming, so if you suddenly need to GTFO run for the beach Marine.

Always lay land mines in old craters, if you have 6 mines and a fresh road then lay two and blow them up with a grenade then lay two more in the craters. The only thing better than old craters is water. If a road goes through a stream then you can mine it and the enemy can't see it. If the map contains a landing beach, get evil with mines just in the edge of the water so that when the enemy lands a boat at it they're toast. You only need to lay mines as singles for this as one mine will write off a boat.

Once you can have it, use the tracer gun in defence. The Blackhawk requires enhanced explosives perk to guarantee a kill on softcore with the RPG but it's not requird for the Apache or Hind. Dart then RPG then reload is your friend here, otherwise some other bright spark will screw up your shot, and don't forget to wait for the distance to target to show up under the red target reticule or you're not locked on. Also remember that that smoke trail is a dead giveaway to the enemy so shoot then scoot, don't stand there like a meercat watching the rocket's red glare.

Finally, if you're driving a Bradley on a map where your team has one, never let the enemy have it. Die horribly in a ball of flame once for riding it out to the end, die three times trying to take an objective covered by your old track that you bailed out of and has now been put back into commission.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I find that on isla innocents when defending the last base me and my friend find that once we are behind the enemy take the hill and hold it if they cant get past me tehy cant get to our base

also DESTROY

WHEN ATTACKING IF YOU DESTROY ENEMYS BUILDING THERES NO_WHERE TO HIDE SO ITS EASY KILLING FROM THERE
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Before rushing in to disarm an m com station, look through the windows and see if you can take someone out from there. Also, upon entering the room, aim about waist high, most people will be crouched down so you should get a head shot a little easier.

Flank wins. Go around the enemy. Wait for people to spawn in on you and raise havoc. Don't start shooting at someone unless you have people around you or you think you have been spotted. If you think you have been spotted, you have been so go ahead and shoot. Also, spawn in with c4 assault to blow the m com quiet like. Or, spawn in as an infiltrated sniper.

c4 the mcom, toss a sensor ball, then arm, and hide. Once you see someone trying to disarm, get yourself a kill. If multiple come running, after burning the c4, then advance with an all kit weapon and take them out.

Change kits often.

Unless armor is present, you should be a medic.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:22 am

as far as kit selection goes, Native is correct. If there is not a pressing need for assault and there is no armor, the default is Medic. Also, it is extremely and I mean extremely rare to spawn in on attack as an engineer unless there is armor OR you need to take out a shielded gun. As far as the rest of the selection goes, magnum ammo PWNS. if you can get magnum ammo, use magnum ammo. Red dot sights help. Also, I can't take credit for this, but I believe Primal or Brano suggested putting a piece of tape on your screen where the dot would be to give you a reference to shoot when your weapon is not shouldered.

Shoulder your weapon when cornering on movement and slice the pie (approach the corner and provide as much protection to you while giving you the best Line of sight.

If you by chance are playing a recon and you are NOT using sensor balls, you are doing a HUGE disservice to your fellow squad mates. SPAM spot.

As far as firing goes, I typically do a 2-3 second count. In most cases all weapons fire enough ammo in 2-3 seconds to kill your enemy and again in most cases this accounts for lag.

Don't be afraid to use your grenades, average life of a soldier in the game is roughly 60 seconds so if you use it and there are not any assaults nearby, fear not you're likely to die soon and will get another. If your assault, there is nothing dishonorable about spam nading.

Dont' just communicate, communicate well. If you can't tell your squadmates where the enemy killed you from in 3-5 seconds, don't bother.

This last point I cannot stress enough. STAY TOGETHER. You should ALWAYS have at least 1 other squad mate within your vicinity, preferably a medic to revive you should you fall. Zombie squads are devistating, use them to great effect.
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:21 am

I just got off BC2 and to me right now the most important thing is to stop caring about your freaking kill death ratios and do whatever is best for your team. If you are sniping, it's one thing to sit in a position with a good view and point out enemies to your squad. It's a completely different thing to be sitting in the first area trying to get 1000 marksman bonuses when your team is in the third area. That effectively makes it an uneven team because you aren't contributing at all.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

When on defence destroy all covering shrubs/trees/fences etc. If there's no cover you can turn entire swathes of land into a killing zone.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:26 am

Here's a few tips that I picked up on that easy made me a better player, earning me countless Ace Pins with much more accompanying Squad Pins for top squads.

1. Intelligence over the enemy is KEY! Keep on talking, just as long its game-related. In that regard, COMMUNICATE!
2. Spam the "BACK" button to mark! It earns teamwork points and gets the job done faster!
3. Do not rush in! I know its hard on the fly, but wait for a fellow smurf to run in and see where the fire is coming from.
4. USE YOUR EARS! -- There are TOO many audio cues to keep you informed of the situation (ie. footsteps, enemy in-game chatter, gunfire -- even silenced weapons!, vehicular sounds, etc.)
5. Use emplaced weapons for extra firepower!
6. Don't waste armor!
7. RELOAD EVERY TIME! -- you never know when that last 2-3 bullets will save your life or another's.
8. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT -- Don't be DUMB and use your BRAIN! Do ALL THE ABOVE AND MORE! You're smarter than you think. Try to anticipate enemy movements in a building or around corners. Stop and listen for cues. Stop to catch a breather and reload.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:06 am

For the assault class [CQC], my loadout would like something like this...

Primary: M416 with 40mm Shotgun
Secondary: MP-Grach
Spec 1: 4x Scope
Spec 2: Magnum Ammo
Spec 3: V ELECT or *** whatever...

When clearing rooms, I'm ALWAYS in a hurry, obviously with a 4x I won't aim down the sight whil clearing, but on occasion I will. I'll typically hip fire at the enemy until the score "+50 Killing an Enemy" will pop up. I'll take a quick reload break and only a reload break then fast break it upstairs. I'll usually have my 40mm shotgun for the upstairs because i find that I die more often on stairs, therefore I've needed to have a way to take out enemies faster. Once the shotgun shell is spent, i'll swap to my reloaded M416, and if needed, my MP-Grach.

For long-range, AN-94 reigns supreme.

Primary: AN-94 with 40mm GL
Secondary: MP-Grach
Spec 1: 4x Scope
Spec 2: Magnum Ammo
Spec 3: V ELECT or *** whatever...

A trick I use when I know an enemy is in a building but RIGHT BEHIND A WALL is that I'll GL it, and quickly tap the "BACK" button to mark the enemy if he is still alive. By then the smoke and dust hasn't cleared and its an effective smoke screen. I'll likely have him marked, and he'll be dead! This happens within less than a second. Believe me, you don't have it last any longer because the explosion sends people running.

The AN-94 is choice for picking people off because its recoil pattern is very distinctive in that it recoils ONLY VERTICALLY (no horizonal recoil, or if so, very minimally). Pull the trigger 3-4 times sending a lethal 6-8 rounds downrange. Do it for good measure because the game may offer the enemy a "lag shield" in which your rounds do not register upon hitting the target.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Okay, I just had an excellent game with of armor with one of my buddies that I play with a lot. I was his gunner, but this guy isn't just a tank commander, he is THE TANK COMMANDER!

He used V OPTICS on Arica Harbor and softened MCOM A and was able to destroy B at a distance. Much less is said on the zones as the method was the same. Only thing different was the paths which I may have to detail later.

As the gunner, I had equipped V ARMOR since it is the ONLY vehicle spec that works as a gunner, nothing else, take note of that.

++ ON REPAIRS ++

We functioned as a unit of distraction while simultaneously destroying MCOMs, think of it as a rock and a hard place for the enemy team. If he and I were in the tank, they had a difficult decision. We had it in such a way that every hit was a command call itself... " DOUBLE HEAL" ... simply, we both hop out at the same time (of which we have already parked the tank behind COVER and are doubly repairing it. But around 80% health, he jumps back in as the main cannon while I still repair.

If we are brought down 60% health or 1 shot from a tank or RPG, then the driver jumps out and repairs as the gunner can better cover the repairer.

++ ON ATTACKS ++

Engaging multiple tanks, BE AT A DISTANCE! We'd go behind cover and he'd have me secretly jump out and I'd fire one rocket at the tank, quickly reload, then hop back in to support him. This way, I'm ready to hop back out at a moment's notice with a rocket ready to go and he can fire away.

In essence, heres a sample.

Step 1: Driver shoots tank once and backs up into cover. Enemy tank @ 60% health
Step 2: Gunner jumps out behind cover and unloads a rocket as the enemy tank is in pursuit. Enemy tank @ 20-30% health.
Step 3: Driver shoots.
Step 4: Rinse and repeat for next enemy tank. Whole ordeal should not last more than 5 seconds.

--- more to come later. I've got to go! Razz
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Novice Snipers & Recon Units!

I would like to present and suggest to beginner snipers that are new to BF:BC2.

In my experience, the most reliable sniper rifles have been the following... (Please do not flame or push another opinion on the table -- this is simply for beginners who want to try sniping)

The M21 is a relatively "fast firing" and "fast reloading" sniper, and it is a fairly easy learning curve. Body shots typically will bring the enemy to 10-20% health and they will easily be seeing red. Bullet drop isn't too noticeable until much much longer ranges (perhaps the hill on top of Port Valdez over looking the construction site in Zone 1, you'll notice it).

The GOL Magnum is great, its the M21's counterpart in which its the most accurate sniper rifle in the game.

The M95 is a beast of a weapon, despite its slow bolt-action and reload (up to +1-1.5 seconds slower -- trust me, you'll notice the reload speed), one-shots are much more common even to the body. It even can penetrate UH-64 Blackhawk and Havoc armor and glass. In otherwords, its possible to snipe a very unfortunate pilot out of the helicopters!

If you want the kills, equip magnum ammo when you get it.

If you want to practice just hitting the targets, play Hardcore Rush and take your time, don't feel compelled to take the objectives. Anyways, your goal is to practice hitting.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:11 pm

I guess my tips wouldn't be very good for beginners... Hmm... I guess I have a few?

My Medic load-out is generally as follows:

Primary: M249 SAW/T88/G3 - These offer great accuracy as well decent stopping power. The G3 may lack mag size but it's more effective at close range (MG's are terrible up close)

Secondary: MP-443 Grach/M93R Burst - Largest mags and highest rates of fire offer the best chance if the enemy overruns a defensive spot.

Spec 1: Medic H+ - For faster healing obviously.

Spec 2: Medic R+ - Better heal range for SUPER HEALS when used with H+.

Spec 3: Electronic Warfare/Alternate Weapon - I like to keep my tanks defended and my UAVs productive.

If you're new you should try to focus on getting the basics of Bad Company 2 ASAP. This is most important though I think it's listed elsewhere.

My play-style basically revolves around being a good Medic. I always try to prepare for enemies by throwing down meds in advance, and if I'm too late I'll make sure you don't stay dead for long. Don't expect the Medic to carry you though, this is a universal tip: KEEP THE MEDIC COVERED! I chose my Medic H+ and R+ to keep your *** alive, I ain't got no +25% damage or anything so you had best do your job and keep me informed (SPOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!) and don't pull any stupid moves ("OH GEE ENEMIES, I HAD BETTER RUN INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET FOR A BETTER SHOT!") because you're losing us tickets and leaving me vulnerable.

For the aspiring medics, one little exploit that benefits the team time and time again is the ability to revive through walls. As long as the target of your revive is within the basic range, you can revive him through anything and as an added bonus, once revived he will be on your side of said wall. Perfect if the body is in the line of sight of enemies. You get him out of the enemies sight and put yourself in minimal danger. USE THIS EXPLOIT!

You can also throw Med-Kits extra far by jumping right after you push the button to throw it. Gives it a little arc through the air for added distance and more momentum. This also works for Ammo-Kits and C4.

I'm sorry the entirety of my post kinda focuses on the Medic class, but that's my main strong point. Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Dr.KamyKazy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Dr.KamyKazy

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Just be me and youll own XD
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: To all BC2 game veterans   To all BC2 game veterans EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 am

** BUMP ** This thread is important! Very Happy

Also, I find that new players to BC2 can benefit immensely from this video. Take notes kids, I'll be testing you later...