13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! Empty
PostSubject: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 am

The popular first-person shooter is now free to play, forever!

“We've been toying with the idea of making Team Fortress free-to-play ever since the Mann-conomy update [in September 2010],” Valve's Robin Walker told Develop. “The data we got back from that update leads us to believe that TF2 would be more successful as a completely free product.”

Team Fortress 2 is now joining the F2P club. They aren't taking the pay-2-win or premium account type of road either. The only form of collecting money will be from micro-transactions.

System Requirements:

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

If you want to download it, you can get it off Steam. So, just try it out and tell us how you like it!

Yours truly,
COL Bronx
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am

Im downloading from steam i have for my xbox but i dont play it

Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 am

Wow, I haven't played TF or TF2 in a long time. Although, it must of been too long ago because I don't remember it looking cartoon-ish. (I know it's different. I'd just figured they would keep it somewhat the same in regards to look.)

MMmm following of BFH?
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 am

How do you change the screen resolution
Back to top Go down
BasicKeel
Sergeant
Sergeant
BasicKeel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 am

Well this is fairly interesting,
i never really have liked this game enough to buy it, but now ill be sure to DL it! Smile
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 am

I fuckin' bought it god dammit valve ya suck
Back to top Go down
BasicKeel
Sergeant
Sergeant
BasicKeel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:51 am

@Bodgan, you get a special hat Wink
And a "Premium account"
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 am

Still it's f*** like So what the premium account gives you ??? candies ?
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 am

probably some unlocks? anyway, yeah TF2 have always been cartoon-style. it was TF that wasn't Razz I've only played this over one night and back then I loved it. sadly I may have to find a place to leech internet to be able to download... people who have seen the speedtest-thread know why QQ
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 am

Rage quit b****es now every single F2P noob fan will ruin the game and half the community are 9 yrs old SPARTA RAGE QUIT !
Back to top Go down
BasicKeel
Sergeant
Sergeant
BasicKeel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 am

Bodgan, you're kind of showing ring now that you're one of those 12 year olds who rages over everything.
Please respect us others and stop raging over a game Smile
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am

win, after I posted my last comment I started the download thinking like "hm... midsummer... people being out... *scratches head* ... that mean not so much people using our node for internet... oh well, let's give it a try" and I'm already up at 46%, awesome ^^ might be able to play tomorrow if this keeps up ;)
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am

Bogdan got a valid point though, it usually is higher age of people in a game if they have to pay for it and even if this one go over to F2P I really don't want it ruined by preteens.
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:35 pm

I got this for the free to play week they were having for the uber update, so I'm already downloaded and everything Smile I'm pretty sure that the 9 year olds will stay away from this game; however, It's more difficult that heroes or other F2P games out there, and I think that the game modes tend to be highly team based, something I notice that they stay away from, but thats just what I think.
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 pm

nah, not really. it's just like older games and the whiney kids didn't stay away from those for such simple reasons. it's true that this game can be teambased. but it's definitly not hard to be a lonewolf in it if you want to and/or don't have people to team up with. also, I wouldn't say that it's more difficult really, it's just slightly more highpaced than the BF-series Razz
Back to top Go down
BasicKeel
Sergeant
Sergeant
BasicKeel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 pm

@ZenosyX,
Well he's swearing acting immature and his profile says that he's 13 years old ;P
Back to top Go down
hanspirot
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

He is probably stupid fat american kid who sits whole in front of computer and write those stupid comments....
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey guys keep the flaming down.....Don't insinuate it either....
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 pm

it's internet, who's more mature right now? the kid who sit there and complain that he paid for something others now get for free and feel like he's been cheated by the companies and don't want the scumbags that lurk free games to ruin a working community of gamers in an already really good game, or the people judging him because it says 13 year old on his profile and thus call him a stupid fat american kid? you are aware that judging of comments made, you're worse? O_o I can agreed that he may say things out of anger right now and thus make comments a bit harsh about the general F2P-gamers instead of focusing on just the scumbags of them, but there's nothing immature in feeling cheated by the companies after paying for something that people now can get for free. as said; it's more immature to jump people and insult them of their age and seemingly gang up on a kid who just made the misstake of writing before thinking about how he should put it in words. as far as I can tell he was just a bit hasty in his typing, what he say though is understandable. what you say on the other hand, that's embarrassing.

one part in that conversation is hasty in his typing and maybe talk a bit too general about a group of people instead of making it more clear that he only mean the scumbags, while the other part jump him and smacktalk him because of it?

there's no way I'd call any of you gamers if you're going to act like that. every clan has its scumbags, I guess hanspirot and BasicKeel feel proud of the title they seem to earn so well in this topic? I suggest you go talk with your commanding officers about how to act towards your clanmates because really, you're putting 13th to shame.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 pm

I hate it.

Payed 20 euro's for it back in the day.

And yes, i'm already seeing noobs asking "How do use ...."

Makes my blood boil.

Only positive thing is that noobs/newbs are easier to kill.

Good for the peeps who want to try a good game.
Bad for the vets of TF2 (like me).

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
hanspirot
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 pm

ZenosyX wrote:
it's internet, who's more mature right now? the kid who sit there and complain that he paid for something others now get for free and feel like he's been cheated by the companies and don't want the scumbags that lurk free games to ruin a working community of gamers in an already really good game, or the people judging him because it says 13 year old on his profile and thus call him a stupid fat american kid? you are aware that judging of comments made, you're worse? O_o I can agreed that he may say things out of anger right now and thus make comments a bit harsh about the general F2P-gamers instead of focusing on just the scumbags of them, but there's nothing immature in feeling cheated by the companies after paying for something that people now can get for free. as said; it's more immature to jump people and insult them of their age and seemingly gang up on a kid who just made the misstake of writing before thinking about how he should put it in words. as far as I can tell he was just a bit hasty in his typing, what he say though is understandable. what you say on the other hand, that's embarrassing.

one part in that conversation is hasty in his typing and maybe talk a bit too general about a group of people instead of making it more clear that he only mean the scumbags, while the other part jump him and smacktalk him because of it?

there's no way I'd call any of you gamers if you're going to act like that. every clan has its scumbags, I guess hanspirot and BasicKeel feel proud of the title they seem to earn so well in this topic? I suggest you go talk with your commanding officers about how to act towards your clanmates because really, you're putting 13th to shame.

what are you a psychologist?
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 pm

This is turning into a noob rage thread. Yes some noobs are more irritating or aggravating than others but, the same can be said about veterans. Sure vets don't ask about the how, when, why, and what, among other things, but some are big-headed about their skills or lack thereof as they think they have or rage because their involvment or seriousness towards the game among other things.

Noobs are noobs are noobs and will always be noobs, until they graduate. Not sure what all the hostility towards noobs is about but remember, everyone has been a noob at one point or another, in any game; even in real life. There's no way to become a vet without first being a noob. And since most of these games are community based we need those noobs. We need them to graduate, become better players, take places of those who have left. Then maybe they'll end up loving the game. Loving it enough to stick around and for the game to also stick around or not have it become stale.

So yes, it does suck that some of you had to pay for this long ago, and I don't know much abou it. But I would think they would give something that no free account can ever have. Something equal or close and useful to the cost paid to play this game.

I wonder if they use adversting to support the cost of running/supporting this game?
Back to top Go down
BasicKeel
Sergeant
Sergeant
BasicKeel

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Hey guys keep the flaming down.....Don't insinuate it either....

Guys read that, lets stop already.
Also zen, you should go do bootcamp Smile
You're not currently in the clan atm, you're just a site member.
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

:O Free Sandwichs now!!!!!!

i didnt really played TF2 Ever, but the spy seems to be a good class Very Happy.

btw guys, my computer is going to be shipped soon to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Trister sum it all up nice and clean Razz it's never wrong to ask either since that's how a lot of people easiest learn how things work so they can get better.
The part that noobs take places of people leaving, that's something people usually don't think about, but if you stick around gaming for a few years you'll see what he mean =/

No I'm not a psychologist, I may be a bit psycho every now and then but that's beside the point. but why? do I need to be one to be allowed to speak my mind when I see a prick acting like S*** towards one of his own clanmembers?

BasicKeel, I'm just a guest. but from what I've heard the BC is pretty much for people to learn how things are being run in the clan. but if you think I've been wrong in what I've said then go ahead and redo it if you want, I'm sure such basic knowledge is covered in there as to how to treat other clanmembers Razz

heh, sounds like paisa is getting eager to start Razz and yeah, the spy can be fun =3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!   Team Fortress 2 Free to Play! Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Fortress 2 Free to Play!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top