13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Public Affairs
Site Member

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Written by: 1st Lt. projekt3000

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 24fe7_modern-warfare-3-logo-small

Several days ago a huge leak about the latest installment in the Call of Duty series had confirmed that Modern Warfare 3 was indeed the next game slated to grace the COD title. The leak included detailed aspects of the single-player campaign along with the multiplayer features that so many gamers have grown accustomed towards.

The single-player campaign opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The campaign will also ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Modern-Warfare-3-Artwork-550x250

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Single-player Campaign Settings:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 9b275e395dfdf13d8768d53adef4e77c

MW3 Multiplayer Information
Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game. Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Rumors say that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

The release date has been confirmed for Modern Warfare 3 to be released on November 8, 2011. Confirmation found at the IGN site here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Mws-release-date

There are also several teaser trailers for the game depicting several battles from all over the world:

For more information visit www.callofduty.com

The News Team will be sure to inform you of any updates on Modern Warfare 3 we get. Be sure to stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I have my doubts on this one. The fact that Infinity Ward has to build it with multiple other studios might detract from the original MW 'feel'. I feel like it will either very good, like most of the other recent CoD titles, or it will flop. Plus is doesn't have zombies, which is something I LOVE about the CoD series (yes, I know that Treyarch is the only studio to do it, but I can dream, can't I?) so I'll probably rent this one to find out if its really worth Activision's diabolical prices, since I'm already gonna get BF3 Smile Hopefully it ends up being good, though!
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
modernwarfare132

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:27 pm

ill take BF of COD every day
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm fine with either, depending on what play style I'm in the mood for. The fact they are so spread out with people making the game, it could be horrible or good, its really a toss up right now till they reveal more, like some actual gameplay. And I heard that they will have something like zombies in the game, just not sure. And with the way the last zombie map "Call of the Dead" went, they could actually tie it into the next modern warfare if they want, if you know the storyline
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Im with iron on this one
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
flame211

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:36 pm

well this could go one of 2 ways for me it could suck (no tanks so i can let out my inner noobyness xD) or it could pwn and ill like it for the story line and the new weps+perks
Back to top Go down
https://13thmeu.forumotion.com/forum
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:08 am

Jeffay123 wrote:
I have my doubts on this one. The fact that Infinity Ward has to build it with multiple other studios might detract from the original MW 'feel'. I feel like it will either very good, like most of the other recent CoD titles, or it will flop. Plus is doesn't have zombies, which is something I LOVE about the CoD series (yes, I know that Treyarch is the only studio to do it, but I can dream, can't I?) so I'll probably rent this one to find out if its really worth Activision's diabolical prices, since I'm already gonna get BF3 Smile Hopefully it ends up being good, though!

The fact that it's been in the works for a couple years and with multiple studios (Sledgehammer Games to name one) might actually make it a better title. A lot of people had complaints about MW2's storyline so this might be a step in the right direction to actually make it something people WANT to play.

As far as the zombies go, I honestly don't care for that aspect of the game. It's just too comical for an FPS. It's one of the reasons I stay away from playing a lot of the other zombie shooters (Left 4 Dead series to name one).

It's going head-to-head with BF3 and I'll probably end up renting/buying both though Smile
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
Cmdr. Michael

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:37 am

I hope the game turns out to be good. Like Project, I'll probably end up buying it. But w/ how much work BF3 has had, and how MW3 is gonna be the "same old, same old" plastered on w/ new guns & maps, I really would take BF over COD anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
I hope the game turns out to be good. Like Project, I'll probably end up buying it. But w/ how much work BF3 has had, and how MW3 is gonna be the "same old, same old" plastered on w/ new guns & maps, I really would take BF over COD anyday.

Here is an article from an IW creative strategist that suggests there will be a much bigger variety of weapons in MW3.

He doesn't go into detail but then again the game doesn't come out until early November.
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:53 pm

They are both on mah shopping list(BF3+MW3) the guys at Game Stop know me to well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Update: Official Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Thoughts? Comments?
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Jeffay123

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:41 pm

It still doesn't show off as much to me as I would like, not trying to make a BF3 comparison, but that game seems to be showing much more in terms of gameplay. This just gave a little bit that hints at story-line and a few cool moments that will probably be in the game. I think it needed to show off a bit more in terms of actual gameplay, but thats just me Smile
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:01 am

projekt3000 wrote:
Update: Official Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Thoughts? Comments?

MW3 it's going to suck ! Why I think this ? Well because there are 2 scenes where they show the same moments like in MW2 1.The same MINIGUN LIKE IN MW2;2.The same boat run like in MW2 -.- I can't figure out if they changed the graphics
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:43 am

IMO cod just changes maps adds a new gun or two and sells it as a new COD

(That's just me)

If they want to make a better game change it a bit I'm bored with zombies do something different Treyarch make better cods anyway

Im not wasting my money on this for I am buying BF3 which is a compeltly different game to BC2 As they don't just paint over the old canvas
Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:02 pm

I'll still buy it because I am a fan and in the memory of MW
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:02 am

You can read Game Informer's official Modern Warfare 3 preview here.

Got to be honest, I don't like how he used "underwhelming" and "unremarkable" to describe the game.

I'll let you decide what to take from this preview.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Lol yes... "If there’s anything remarkable about the actual gunplay in Modern Warfare 3, it’s that it’s pretty unremarkable." What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting a phenomenal leap with MW3 considering it's still based off the same engine.

I'll still be playing the game but I've been only hearing reports about MW3 having "the most advanced MP ever". Not sure what that means..but they'll need to really step it up if the SP is already bringing these types of reviews.

Back to top Go down
BogdanSGC
Corporal
Corporal
BogdanSGC

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Screw them the Spec Ops mode will rock ! Hell yeah, projekt you drive the choppa
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:14 am

Details about the Spec Ops mode can be found here.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:57 am

Survival mode O.o that sounds awesome! I love that
Back to top Go down
taterz
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
taterz

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Sounds pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
quatic
Corporal
Corporal
quatic

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Bf3 will win but i would just play the campaign mode of mw3 thats all
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
projekt3000

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 am

BF3 has its pros and cons and so will MW3, this isn't a "what game is better than the other" thread, just reporting the news.
Back to top Go down
Cheezles
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Cheezles

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:26 am

I've heard rumours around the place saying MW3 Multiplayer will be on a subscription service now. If this is the case I am definitely considering giving this one a through look over before if I do happen to eventually buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top