13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Awesome Chaos, go for it. Like I posted, anyone with any ideas and tactics to apply go right ahead so other members can learn.
Back to top Go down
ChaosRising
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm

alright, this is what i'd inform my team to do:

1. Jets should be used to fight off other jets at first, then bomb targets if nessisary
2. I would tell my team to get into the 2 transpost helicopters, and take B and D
3. Our helicopter would engage their helicopter, just to keep it away from the tanks and APC's. Distracting/taking out the enemy helicopter is key.
4. Tanks and APC's would take C
5. Infantry will almost always make it to D and B first, they would guard that against the incoming troops. Speed is key for the infantry.
6. AA Control is what ultimatly makes or breaks this map. the US is attacking uphill, through open fields, into urban areas. The US NEEDS thier air support to bomb the AA, then send in the helicopters to soften up the RUS troops enough for the US to cross the open fields to the flag. The spots with AA MUST be controlled in order to win this map.

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Kevin38
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 am

Great ideas from everybody, here are just a few things to keep in mind once you have 2-3 of the the flags capped.

There are the stationary Anit-tank missiles at all of the flags/bases. When they are all manned, they are somewhat streamlined as where 1 of the ATs may not see a tank, 1 of the other 2 should be able to. The map could be divided up into 3-4 quadrants so the AT troops can communicate to each other when the tank moves out of 1 quadrant and which it is headed to. This will keep constant pressure on the enemies tanks. On top of that, use mines as Ironbat stated in the original post to keep them on their toes. Finally, have 1-2 AT-classed guys roaming between the bases in the buildings/obstacles to cover the few blind spots of the stationary AT missiles . Another thing that would be helpful is to keep the targets painted w/ the dart gun as much as possible. If the guys without tanks can work well together like this, then w/ the additional help of our tanks and air support, we would be tough to beat..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 pm

That is a big thing in all maps, COmmunication and working together. Spot targets and mark vehichles. Expecially in Oman. If you want a bombing run and a chopper straif, then mark the target so we can see it. It is hard to line up when your guessing. Also, lock down those AA guns are we are hurting on Oman. Without air support, the map is very hard.
Back to top Go down
Dylantredrea
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:21 am

TheIronBat: great work! I think these kind of discussions (as long as they are followed by CoC decisions and implementation) can totally take our play to the next level.

I have a few questions about flag priority. Perhaps if we can get some agreement about this, we can recommend 'standing orders' for our CoC to consider.

Here are my initial thoughts, though I'm just guessing so you guys probably have some better input on this.

1)
US Holds A+B, should you concentrate on D or C?
IMHO: D, take the elevated position. It also allows snipers and long range assault shooters to 'pick off' reinforcements coming from the enemy base to C. It does stretch your forces a little thin, but C feels to me like a shooting gallery and your defenders at B will be constantly dodging fire from D.

2)
RU holds D, which should be the 2nd flag B or C?
IMHO: B. B is difficult to defend around the flag. Of course there are the ruins southeast of B, but then you're in a position where you can ONLY defend B and too far away to come to the aid of anyone else.

B is still better than C though, because of the many ways B can be defended from the high ground around point D- specifically the tall building, crane, and hillside. While it may result in B occasionally being taken by some sneaky fool, holding the ground is difficult because (assuming RU has D) our defenders have the high ground and cover in the building(s) and hilltop. Defenders on the hilltop can also skirmish with the enemy at C, then break contact into the cover provided by holding this high ground.

Giving up B means the control of the high ground will be fought over. Defenders in building(s) and hilltop will be taking lead constantly from B.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
http://www.creoludus.com
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

I fully agree. C is usually the last flag I hold priority for. Both and B and D have AA guns, great places to hide, and easier too defend. C is one of those flags you usually only take with vehicles while also needed infantry support around that vehicle.

If your taking C, don't stand in the open to be picked off. Use the rocks for cover, but I recommend the APC wreckage right next to C for the better cover against both enemies if on RU or US. If you have D, and going too C, you can take that main route in the playbook, and when you get too that fence with the openings right next too C, you cut from that fence to the APC wreckage.

But I always go for B and D before C. Only thing too Know though if your US and you take D, the RU will get a tank spawned at their airfield, so be ready.
Back to top Go down
ShadeyTex73
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
ShadeyTex73

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am

I was thinking of a tactic on the US side to go through the waters between B and D, and conquer them. Trying to stay out of suspicion and going into their bases with close quarters specially with D. I highly recommend Recon equipped with Shotguns and Motion sensors as well as Claymores. After conquering the flags they should place them predictably where the enemy is going to camp/retake. But this tactic isn't finished, still working on it...
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ninja-Penguin.

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Le bump for le master tactics!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:30 pm

are these similar to the play4free map like exaclty the map?
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:11 am

Goldfusion, why did you bump these threads? And of course it is, hence why it's in this division's forum and the name of the map is titled...
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 am

Actually...ninja did....
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 am

Ah i remember these. the good old days Smile
Back to top Go down
ghost9719
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ghost9719

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm

yeah flaming you can even see widghet post on the first page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman

View previous topic View next topic Back to top