13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Empty
PostSubject: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 pm

The first issue of the 13th MEU Playbook will be covering the Gulf of Oman. A large map that can leave troops spread out, and heavy use of vehicles and air support are a must. All information posted is open to discussion, and feel free to add on your own tactics. Please, no stealing from anyone who posts information on this thread, give credit where credit is due. Now, lets get into the starting offensive.

LIFT OFF:

Like the start of any game, you need to be up and moving to either get those flags first or to slow the other team down from doing so. Here are a couple offensive start plays I have designed-

COBRA STRIKE offensive[US]
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman GulfofOman-CobraStrikeOffensiveUS

The first phase is in red. To the left, you wanna get a fully loaded transport chopper headed to B. Best to have an attack chopper infront first to make the way clear. You drop off a couple guys there to grab that flag. Try to maintain cover by the train, looking for enemy vehicles coming, then you get on that rocket and fire it off. The transport chopper shouldn't have to stop as the two men parachute down. Then, fly over to the left side of D and have one guy on first floor, followed by the two others moving there way up. The reason grabbing B and D in such an early swoop will help you make sure those AA guns are not shooting down your planes, but theres, so get on those rockets.

The rest of the squad, grab those boats, and hit A hard, the RU might already be dropping in to take the flag from ya. Once you got A, grab that tank and APC and hit towards B for support first, if enemy forces are hitting C, thats your call to send one vehicle to C.

It is a risky move since you have that small squad taking two bases into hard incoming enemies, but I say go for it.

SPREADHEAD offensive[US]
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-SpearheadOffensive

As always, get off quick, because this one requires a hard straight push. The jets and choppers move, with one of the choppers sweeping through B and D to try and slow them down. All other forces straight to A. From A, have the tank and APC push to C, but get a humvee to sweep around the far right side to the gas station, to keep enemies from using that rocket launcher on the vehicles. If you feel well put with your resources, Push to D is what I recommend first, or B depending on the battles situation. Your forces are well grouped so hitting strong while being able to defend the other points should be easy.

The risk is having less control over the AA guns, so you risk getting your air support taken down.

COBRA STRIKE OFFENSIVE [RU]
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-CobraStrikeRUS

Now the main thing to do, is send a fully loaded transport following an attacking chopper, to point A. Delaying this point is important, because this is where the US gets more ground vehicle support. So get a strong force to hold off the enemy. Now to sweep the other flags while your fighting A. Don't underestimate the value of those transport vehicles because they are fast to get to flags. So sweep through to C and D. I recommend sending the APC you start off with towards C. Once you secure D though, don't forget to get on that AA gun, and get that tank that pops up in back to either sweep to B if needed, or push down the middle. If well played, you should have at least 3 of the bases secure with enemy ground and air forces struggling.

Risks are having enemies sweep through to B, or your forces holding back A being grabbed taken out too soon, leaving you at higher risk while grabbing other flags.

SNAPPING TURTLE offensive[RU]
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-TurtleOffensiveRUS

Its not a fast push, but you will pull a strong line. What you need to do is get your troops to D and B, with your APC pushing C. When securing D, remember, get that AA, and grab that tank and push down the middle to either C or B, most likely C because that where enemies ground vehicles come in. At B, get on that AA, also, grab a small force in humvee to push towards A on the far left, a route not many enemies usually look for, because they are pushing to C.

Risks are the enemy will obtain there ground vehicles, so you must look out for those when they push to C.

FLAG FOR FLAG, TACTICS TO GRAB:

For best performance, get a good team of at least 3.
Red usually means main movement
Blue usually means secondary tactic
Purple represents optional vehicle support route
Yellow represents enemy forces
Black represents good long range/sniper areas

A TO C -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman OmanAtoC

Now, its usually best to have a good armored vehicle that pushes straight to C for this one, but also a good couple troops could hold the flag, but remember, try to use the cover of the nearby rock and wreckage, don't stand in the open right next to the flag, because the enemy holding the flag spawns at the gas station and can pick you off. I usually think having even a single man sweep around the right side in a humvee or on foot even, to take out troops trying to fire at your teammates grabbing C is a good idea.

A TO B -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-AtoB

Now using a humvee is higly recommended when first heading there, because a sniper can try and pick you off from the train. Also, calling in air support is good to bomb through. If having ground vehicle support, lookout for that rocket right infront of the B flag. Now when moving your foot soldiers, get out of that humvee when near that brick wall side, or drop off a soldier there, to push along the side of the train from forces hiding in there so they don't flank around on your team at the flag. Also, look out for enemies in that little shack just north of the flag, they can pop outta there too. If you have D, try to get a vehicle to push from that side while you hit the southside. It causes confusion and thats how you want your enemies.

B TO D -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-BtoD

Now grabbing this flag with foot soldiers is best, because those high buildings leave heavy vehicles open to nades and being shot from hidden spots. If you feel you can use vehicle support to take the base, then go for it. Now the risky part of this flag capture is snipers when running in that open area infront of B. So be quick to dodge, or have your own sniper support call out enemy snipers from the train. Flanking around on the left side, there is a stair case, take it, go around the back of that building. Now look out for snipers on the side of the construction building, use that building and lumber for cover. If you have a few guys, have one or two take the ladder from the back side, while one or two pushes from the first floor, inside and up. Optional is also having a teammate flank around when leaving B to the right, and going up to the frontside of D, with plenty of tree cover and buildings when getting there. U can assault from the ground, or take that ladder that will lead you to be face to face with enemies in the building.
There is a river you can take if you have boat access, to the back of D, which is rarely used.

B TO A -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman BtoA

You rarely see people push from B to A. So you get a buggy or jeep or whatever, and you move forward. taking A from the more frontside can let you use the buildings as cover for advancement. But taking a far right route if able to pull it off, lets you also strike unexpected. Snipers can get around over that hill area and pop enemies. Always look for enemy vehicles just sitting at A. rush to grab them from the enemy if you can. Use the building sitting in the A base for cover while taking the flag. Vehicle support can come straight upfront, or from the side which I recommend.

D TO C -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-DtoC

Pay much attention to that black circle. putting a sniper up there while getting ready to strike C, is great. Don't attack though till your forces have moved to the fence line just to the slight backside of the gas station, or as the blue shows, around to the side of the C flag. Be careful though when attacking the gas station then moving to the C flag, because enemies spawn at the gas station when holding C, so you could be shot down from behind. If getting vehicle support, it is best recommended, having it come down from the back part of C, from either D or the RU base. it will allow some cover from the rocket launcher at the gas station, till you know it is clear to advance the vehicle. watch out for a possible sniper on top of the hotel, which is the building I have circled in yellow.

D TO B -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-DtoB
The blue route is the riskier one, because shooters from the train can take you down if your not careful. The red route is usually better because forces from the train won't identify you right away. The black circle though is a good place to have a sniper for cover when advancing. Also, vehicle support is great here, but watch out for that rocket right next to the B flag.

C TO D -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Gulfofoman2
Now usually, people push directly through the buildings to the front angled side of the construction building where the D flag is. I recommend taking it to the right, around the far buildings, to the back left side of D, and move up and clear the building. Having a sniper though as cover and distraction ontop of the circled building is a great help. Vehicle support isn't recommended because as said, it will be vulnerable there. If using. don't place it directly next to the flag, where the enemies can drop down or shoot explosives at ya. without you being able to aim up at them.

C TO A -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-CtoA

Flanking around to the side is a good route. using a fast vehicle is recommended. the trees and hills can provide cover. Having a sniper to the rightside is always good for picking people off. Or you can take the direct front route. using the buildings as cover, then flanking around the base. Using vehicle support is good. but don't push directing through the front, flank around on A, and look out for enemy vehicles.

B TO C / C TO B -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-BtoCorCtoB

Using vehicles along the train track way is always a good direct route to take, but look out for the rocket launcher infront of B. Foot soldiers should try to use the buildings farther south of D as cover. The black circled areas are always good for far shooting.

FLAG DEFENSE -
13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Oman-Defense

All lines of red keep covered, green dots represent good places for mines. Its very often Idiots will drive right up next to the flag when taking it, so placing mines right around is always works. I'm sure there are many other good mine areas, but not my area of expertise lol The black circles once again, good sniping areas. Either on top of D, or on the crane next to D. the building between D and C. The hotel at C, and the open traincart at B.

REMEMBER:

Use those AA guns, having air support is crucial
Check the airfield if on RU, or ship if on US, for vehicles to use every once in awhile. Never let your resources go to waste.
Point out where enemy vehicles and forces are, it will let your air support know where to make it rain, or your ground forces where to pound it. Let people know about snipers as well/
Don't try to be a one man army, you may be good at killing, but thats not how you win this game. Communication and tactics.

Last edited by TheIronBat on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major
Endrane

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 pm

AMAZING!!! A+

I bet we're gonna use these for sure on my favorite map Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FlamingBear

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 pm

These are great tactics
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:42 am

Awesome! And really in-dept too! Gj!
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 am

Great!! Good job!
Can't wait for us to try them in-game Smile

Well done mate!
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:54 am

Truly remarkable guide!
I've added you on xfire.
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:30 am

This MLG cat needs a promotion ^^
Nice tactics man, would be excellent to try these out with you all.

Regards,
-Noobio.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks everyone, and feel free to add your own 2 cents. Hopefully this thread will get stickied at the top so all 13th MEU can reference it
Back to top Go down
Widghet
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Widghet

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 pm

Great tactics. Once we are able to get our own servers or atleast work it to be on the same side in a game, we can actually look into each person's class and strengths. Such as Terrorist's mad chopper skillz. We can set up fireteams so that we know who goes where, Who can fly the transport, makes sure everyone has medic and ammo. I can't wait. Great job. Anyone have any other maps with tactics yet? I would offer mine but not sure how to add the pics.
Back to top Go down
lordshogun
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
lordshogun

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Very good tactics indeed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Grim.Reefer

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Well done!
Back to top Go down
Kevin38
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:35 pm

This is good stuff, did you use the ATC program (http://www.playprepared.com/) to draw up the play. It sure looked like it, everyone who has ATC can log-in together as someone draws up or goes over strats or plays like TheIronBat has come up w/ here. Well done.....
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
vanhoucke

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

I've stickied it for now.
As I said before: nice guide!
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
thebronxbomber

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Yes, very nice ironbat. I especially liked the RU turtle offensive. Not fast which means a good amount of flexibility when plans are easily changeable. I like the fact that it goes after B. B is the offensive anti-aircraft base. This is where you start shooting down planes for offense. D may seem like it has a better AA gun, but it is blocked on 2 sides from it leaving out part of C. There are also a lot of trees and all. So yeah, I like to go to B with a partner and hold down the right side of the map (from the RU point of view). B is very open so you get good visibility on any foot infantry and any vehicles and especially any aircraft.

Good job iron.
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:17 pm

I actually just used map pics, went into paint, and just went to town with my MAD LINE DRAWING SKILLS lol. And I'm working on Karkand right now, so hopefully I can have that up soon. Still need a good clean picture of Sharqi, because the normals I have found are the entire map, and when I zoom in on the area it gets to pixel lookin
Back to top Go down
Kevin38
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:47 pm

TheIronBat wrote:
I actually just used map pics, went into paint, and just went to town with my MAD LINE DRAWING SKILLS lol. And I'm working on Karkand right now, so hopefully I can have that up soon. Still need a good clean picture of Sharqi, because the normals I have found are the entire map, and when I zoom in on the area it gets to pixel lookin

Thats cool, you might want to atleast give ATC a try, I bet that will be much more accessible; I used it for a couple years coming up w/ strats. I could even save them all right there in the program.....
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Deezius

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 am

Hm, I tried, but didn't seem to upload the images. I think it might be a problem with the port system they use
Back to top Go down
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 am

Nice Guide Iron....Really Nice guide lol. I seriously cant wait to try these out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:54 am

ElNoobio wrote:
I've thought of an Oman tactic for US.
Squad A take BOATS and flank left around the back to get the back of D (just south of RU spawn).
Squad B (preferably built up of snipers) takes Blackhawk to C, and once capped, moves to the hill slightly north of D to provide sniper fire and spot enemy vehicles leaving RU base.
Squad C takes APC and Tank to A and B (all get in APC, go to A, cap then 2 get into tank)
Squad D use Assault Chopper and Jets.
Once all flags are capped, Squads A's APC and Tank, along with Squad D's Assault Chopper (circle strafing and ducking behind hotel for flares to reload) defend East exit from RU base, and squad C's APC and tank, along with Squad D's Jet's defend west exit (bridges) (jets do bombing run over RU airstrip or something ^^).
My ossum Paint.NET skills ^^

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Omanusbfp4f

Hopefully it's clear enough.

Regards,
-Noobio.

^^
Back to top Go down
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 am

@Elnoobio
Nice i like the path the jets take, and how they have certain areas to bomb. But flying over the Russain airport can get a little risky. since you only got like 7 seconds to get out of there. but good job
Back to top Go down
ElNoobio
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
ElNoobio

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Taylorsux wrote:
@Elnoobio
Nice i like the path the jets take, and how they have certain areas to bomb. But flying over the Russain airport can get a little risky. since you only got like 7 seconds to get out of there. but good job

That's why the snipers are there, to keep the buggers off the AA ^^. But also to pwn like 13th always have. Wink
Back to top Go down
ChaosRising
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 pm

I've fought many, many clan battles across many games, can i offer my help on this stratagy?
Back to top Go down
onrAArno
Corporal
Corporal
onrAArno

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Ofcourse! Every help is welcome, just post it here or in the other playbook thread.
Back to top Go down
Zaanko
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Zaanko

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChaosRising
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Alright, i will act like i'm the enemy commander, and tell you what an intelegent leader would do if faced with the situation above me. Alright?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman   13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman Empty

Back to top Go down

13th MEU Playbook - Gulf of Oman

View previous topic View next topic Back to top