13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage Empty
PostSubject: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am

I have to say...

... for as much as I get crap for being a UAV Ho, manning the UAV with VOptics is just about the best defense against the Apache spawn at the 3rd base. The trick is already having the UAV in the air and ready to fire at the Apache as soon as it spawns. This can either be done by staying alive from the 1st attacker spawn or the 2nd. The 21st base UAV station is a little easier to manage staying alive, since a spawn camper would have to recon all the way back to the beginning of the map.

Whenever I have played UAV + VOptics on Port Valdez, I have almost always survived long enough to get kills on spawning Apache. Same goes for the Hind on Isla Incentes.

I am so close to platinum on the UAV, I really should keep playing that bird when it makes sense. How much time do we really waste when we let a decent pilot get into an attack helo? TOO MUCH.

I know there are other offensive strategies we can employee, like the assault smoke run we managed right at the end of Port Valdez the other night.

Just a thought.

UAV + VOptics is a deadly tactic on just about any map with important enemy vehicles in need of destruction.

Don't forget the spotting function the UAV + VOptics cab provide as well.

Axx
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Preventative measures are our best hopes, and you nailed it right on the head Axx. If the UAV pilot always has eyes on the chopper spawn, our chances of winning are much greater.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 am

This would have helped us the other night with those spaw camping chodes
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 am

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

word.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 am

I also wish someone has a good strategy for taking out circling helo chodes, I am not talking about with an AA gun either, just with good ole fashion tracers and rockets, I have the hardest time taking that BS out which shouldnt happen in this game to begin with
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:39 am

jus keepya head down n run outta there not drawing attention to ua self if need not be.. But if you have to take it out I'd use a vehicle it may take 2-3 cause he will either engage you if you don't damage him enough or run if hurt.....or pop smoke to conceal you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:45 am

One idea.... if the helo is active, maybe taking a vehicle back in the map, and firing on it to draw it out of the spawn would be a good idea. Anything to help some squad members advance without being targeted by the helo.
Back to top Go down
HollywoodBush
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Helo jerking will be long debated until a proven tactic has been figured out. Tracers seem to be the best BUT it takes good skill and even then usually only one person is able to hit the chopper and by then he fires the flares and the tracer is gone.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 pm

i always forget to change my vehicle class when going to use the uav. but it's very effective. all i see is axx watching cartoons on it between helo kills.

but nuke, on those maps where they circle about, it's 2 guys that cannot arm, so it's not too big of a deal. in a tank, i'm pretty dead on if i can get a shot off on it. with tracers, i can get it most times, but most homos use smoke and knock mine off before i can rocket it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Ghost... do you really have 4225 dog tags? Smile

I should have gotten you one of these Fiskars for XMAS.

Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage 31HJ6PJRTDL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Axx Bytehoven wrote:
Ghost... do you really have 4225 dog tags? Smile

I should have gotten you one of these Fiskars for XMAS.

Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage 31HJ6PJRTDL._SL500_AA300_

haha, nice. no i don't have 4225. i have 5058.
Back to top Go down
Nuk3b00stKi113r
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Nuk3b00stKi113r

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 am

Popping smoke is something I don't do too often I need start doing that more, also tracer circling helos is something else I am not too good at tracer anything else tanks, hmves, etc I am fairly decent at
Back to top Go down
deecon57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:06 am

Couple of comments.

UAV Apache suppression is awesome. The amount of time it takes the Apache to respawn is almost exactly double the time it takes the UAV to reload. Meaning, take out the Apache, then fire a second hellfire as soon as possible at whatever target and another hellfire will be available several seconds before the Apache respawns. I have used this often. I also very much enjoy using the UAV to counter bush wookies. And yes, Voptics is a must!

I haven't had a chance to prove it much, but on Oasis, a rather efficient Apache counter is the vfire. Put two machine guns, the regular and the driver with Vfire, in two different mobile tanks along with an AA gun and you can drop a helo rather quickly. Takes a coordinated effort though.

Lastly, Port Valdez and Isla have a couple heavy mg's that counter/distract the helo rather well. Especially on Isla. The heavy mg on the initial island can be rotated around to face the chopper. Start unloading and the chopper will be pulled over to respond during which time the team can advance unmolested. In Port Valdez the two story buildings housing the mcoms have heavy mg's that can also act as a distraction. Only problem is they are placed in windows and disappear if the chopper pilot blows up the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage   Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Valdez + Attacker UAV = No Apache Ownage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top