13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez Empty
PostSubject: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Here we have two new versions of two great maps. Lets being.

Atacama Desert
The New Rush Mode for Atacama Desert is now a fully balanced map with a few new extra content. It still has that Conquest Feel but it doesn't that those Rapefest Attack Helicopters. Now we have (a) DIFFERENT HELICOPTER(S). Ok, only the Russians get one, I haven't seen the Americans yet. :\ The Vehicles are still limited but balanced. I remember one time, I was driving the COBRA and I went up a ramp that was on the right side of the land that had the M-COM stations, then some Asshole laid down a couple of mines right in front of my path! And guess what happens next? I get blown up to smithereens, but the COBRA doesn't, it did two flips and rammed a building, which made a (sorta) big, firing hole in it. A couple minutes later, I was forced to take cover in the said building. Tanks are still there, same thing with the light armored vehicles. There also happens to be Grenade Launchers and Machine guns placed around the map.

VADS
Some sort of new weapon. It happens to be a "Minigun Tripod" thing that's connected to the floor. But it makes one heck of a destroyer. It even wrecks havoc on Helicopters too!
"New Gun is Unfair to small babes!" Heavy Weapons Guy

Port Valdez
This happens to be my favorite map, which I get that Nostalgic Feeling because I happen to play that same map during the Multi-Player Beta. Good Times, Good Anger Fulled Times. Now In Quest Mode! The New Changes are Heli to Heli fights, VADS are there too, and there's some changes to structure, as that will enhance the experience. There happens to be a new vehicle that's called CAV. The CAV is a Four Person Vehicle that has a mounted 360 Grenade Launcher and a passenger side as a 180 Machine Gun. The Fourth person just hangs on for dear life. But the map is overall it's a fun fulled adventure of kills and explosions!

Luckily, I'm a VIP so I get the maps for free. :3

And thank you Gog. :3

Last edited by Ferddy876 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hoang
Discharged
Hoang

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 pm

This really isn't a review of the maps Ferddy. You're telling us what you felt about the maps, not explaining the maps themselves, well you are, but its not detailed enough.
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Sorry if this isn't your cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Darkbrother26
Banned

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 pm

I personally enjoyed reading this Ferddy, good job.
Back to top Go down
Gog27
Banned
Gog27

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:46 pm

If you would like to edit the post, the new vehicle on Port Valdez is the CAV; A 4 seater buggy with a 180 Machine Gun at the front and a 360 Grenade Launcher on the rear.

I'm always happy to assist Ferddy with his wonderful and educational guides, reviews and opinionated run downs. Keep up the good work, bro!
Back to top Go down
SuperShocky
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
SuperShocky

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:07 am

Really enjoyed reading this, great work Ferddy!
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:11 am

Gog27 wrote:
a 360 Grenade Launcher

Does it Red ring of Death when the enemy get close ?
Back to top Go down
Darkbrother26
Banned

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:32 am

Plus it eats your grenades when you tap it a little.
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
muchosmerc

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 am

Atacama desert is a benchmark for what all rush maps should be like. Focus on vehicles, lot's of turrets and wide open spaces. Just like the BC1 one maps.
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 pm

muchosmerc wrote:
Atacama desert is a benchmark for what all rush maps should be like. Focus on vehicles, lot's of turrets and wide open spaces. Just like the BC1 one maps.

This is the first time EA has finally made something good out of BC2.
Back to top Go down
Goldblade911
Corporal
Corporal
Goldblade911

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:48 pm

I can't remember which one it is but I played them today and everyone just sat around and camped out with their sniper rifles and I was the only one playing for the objective and it was miserable. Although I did have fun when I got on that minigun and got a quad spray destroying a group of people hiding behind a box...lol...but seriously my team just literally sat down and were like "omg the bomb is planted I better sit back and hope the rest of my team defuses it"
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Goldblade911 wrote:
I can't remember which one it is but I played them today and everyone just sat around and camped out with their sniper rifles and I was the only one playing for the objective and it was miserable. Although I did have fun when I got on that minigun and got a quad spray destroying a group of people hiding behind a box...lol...but seriously my team just literally sat down and were like "omg the bomb is planted I better sit back and hope the rest of my team defuses it"

Isn't that 70% of the BC2 community?
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Many thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Darkbrother26 wrote:
Plus it eats your grenades when you tap it a little.

[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez 633846067672493160-PacManGrenade
Back to top Go down
Ferddy876
Discharged
Ferddy876

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 am

GRENADE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez   [Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez Empty

Back to top Go down

[Review] Ferddy's Review on Atacama Desert and Port Valdez

View previous topic View next topic Back to top