13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Suggestions for our next squad practice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cobra0707
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Suggestions for our next squad practice?  Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:54 pm

What do you think of this as one of our squad practices Ghost or Primal? I think it will help us with marksmanship training. If you can hit a pigeon, you can hit anything else moving? Call it Marksmanship practice? Heck I volunteer to be a pigeon just to get it going.

Shoot 3 out of 5 and move back 10 meters.. repeat?

Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Eh... yeah. Primal had a good idea to work on room-clearing, and CQB.

In general, I think that the patch has really effed us. I know that my W/L has taken a huge hit, and it's because we haven't been used to (or needed to be) functioning as one squad, rather than four people. In general, it would be beneficial to work squad tactics. This includes CQB coordination, the use of heavy armor, and most importantly, PATIENCE.

We should only have to arm an objective once, e.g., we should usually have a squad running with one medic to be able to get into their base (hopefully undetected) and set up a perimeter around our objective. We should go over ideal lines of sight, placement, and how and when to arm the objective. This involves dropping party chat and functioning as a one organism.

I believe this is more important than marksmanship, as that simply comes with more playing.

The same type of thing goes for defence, as two squads can spread out and cover two objectives.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Does everyone know what the room clearing turtle looks like?

Squad members each remain with their weapon sights trained in a specific direction as the "turtle" moves, such that an enemy spotted in any direction from the turtle gets fire as quickly as possible.

I have some swat & combat troop CQB room clearing demonstration video loops from some EOTech videos I have worked on.

I will try to post them shortly.
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 pm

^Axx I've never seen anyone on BF do something like that, and that would be great if we could work on that in a private match or something and hone the effectiveness of it.

An important aspect to look at with CQB is navigating staircases. If a squad is upstairs, positioned well, it's difficult to clear them out.
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

whoa! Whoa! No offemse but if your gonna do room clearing or cqb period I'll take the lead on that ..ive literally have days worth of hours on this matter and two schools including combat hunter if ya guys a intrested in learning...no offense I hate half a** mout training....huuuuge pet peeve
Back to top Go down
SpaminSambi
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:38 pm

Nero012 wrote:
whoa! Whoa! No offemse but if your gonna do room clearing or cqb period I'll take the lead on that ..ive literally have days worth of hours on this matter and two schools including combat hunter if ya guys a intrested in learning...no offense I hate half a** mout training....huuuuge pet peeve
With a real world background on the subject, we should definitely use your skills and knowledge Nero.

Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Nero012 wrote:

In the British Army it's sometimes referred to by it's slang term FISH AND CHIPS (Fighting In Someones House and Causing Havoc In People's Streets).

Note for non-uk readers, Fish and Chips is the national dish of the United Kingdom, it consists of Fried Potatoes (similar but fatter than your fries) and Battered Fried Fish.

I'd love to learn how MOUT is taught in the US though, it's been 10 years since I last stepped foot in a FIBUA (Fighting In Built Up Areas) Village and I'm sure that techniques have moved on considerably.
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

fish lol I like that an yea I'll be glad to teach the class..there have to be a few changes due to the nature of battlefield but that's easy
Back to top Go down
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
UnlitAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

we could do with something like this in BF2
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Taylorsux

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Kill 3 pigeons with one shot, ill...do something...nice i guess...
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 am

Clay pigeon shooting - fun and i think it would make for good squad competition. We could keep stats, like people with the longest streaks or longest distance.

CQB training - yes. Nero, i'd love for you to take the lead on this one. i'd like to get in-game with you and talk the course over
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 am

I'm on all day primal jus hit me up
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Hell, if real world experience gives me a upper hand - talk to me in a few months. I'm training to be a pilot in the Air Force.

I just need to go to basic...and actually be trained as a pilot.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:10 pm

when you say cqb (close quarter building/battle, right?) are you talking about attacking a room and holding each angle/door down?

i'd like to practice this, not sure if it's the same as what you're talking about:

it works for defense as well as offense

-couple snipers outside or in, doesn't matter, but some way to get sensors outside of the building
-hold each corner covering all angles
-couple attackers and a couple medics at least to keep people up and ammo supplied

with this setup in a close quarter building (cqb?), nobody is coming in easily without a strategy. on attacking, you clear the room and hold the room down the same with the box charged.

same thing nero?
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm

The room clearing and all is part of the Fireteam training. CQB can and should be incorporated into it. What I would like to have is a seperate class for the FT leaders to take to effectivly use the FT's.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:19 pm

as a side note, not just for practice but for something to keep in mind, we need to call out locations a bit better. we have gotten really good at it, but i'd like to see it more fine tuned.

example: whether you are attacking or defending and the enemy is rolling in, call out left or right from the way you are facing them from your spawn. if you get turned around and are running back to your original spawn, these directions should be reversed so the team is informed properly. it's a good idea to say 'our left' for clarity. using 'our' is much better than 'their left' since it makes the team take an extra second to figure out that's opposite of our side.

also, be a bit specific if you must. 'main road' might mean something else to another member. sometimes there are 3 roads on a map for a point of entry. 'metal shed' is a bit more descriptive than 'shed'. there are wood sheds and metal sheds on some maps.

primal pulled this on me last night - i called out 'anybody have c4' pretty sure his response was, 'yeah' 'where are you?' 'over here.' 'where over here?' 'in the back.' i went to the wrong side at first. he will probably say this didn't happen. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:21 pm

whose the DI for FT training? I'd like to meet up with him
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Nero012 wrote:
whose the DI for FT training? I'd like to meet up with him

me
Back to top Go down
Cobra0707
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for our next squad practice?    Suggestions for our next squad practice?  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

I liked the smoke attack idea we sometimes use when attacking. Watch this video and see how they cover the entrances to the MCOM. Two medics on stairs, the main person filming covers another door and an assault covers the door they smoked to get inside. The good part starts around 1:45 seconds and the enemy tries to send in troops around 2:05 seconds.

However watching this, they did not get swarmed trying to assault and not much follow-up during their attack. Either the other side could not see them well due to the smoke or they did not send a re-enforced fireteam to sweep the active area.

I also did not see the enemy toss in frags before entering the building. It could have scored a few kills. The smoke certainly caused a lot of confusion. Perhaps we need this more on the cold war map? Sweep around and take control of buildings overlooking Alpha MCOM where it is especially tough to get through to.

[