13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? Empty
PostSubject: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 am

Could someone explain the follow up side arm fire technique used with either a pump shotty or bolt action rifle?
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm

i'm not sure i even know what that means.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Well, for a pump shotty or bolt-action, you typically will get off a "hit marker" when you hit someone. You should train yourself to automatically pull out your pistol in-case you haven't killed off the person.

This is why the MP-443 Grach or M9 Pistol are excellent choices for finishing the job. In fact, I've taken out an entire squad using only the MP-443 Grach. I was lucky because they weren't looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 pm

What I mean, is I wonder if when you got a hit, when you pulled the side arm and fired from the hip, if it hit the enemy automatically.
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Crazy has it dead on practically. The Follow Up Side Arm technique is just another of saying it's faster to switch to your side arm then reload your primary. If you run out of a clip with your primary and you got hostiles near you it's a hell of a lot quicker to switch to your side arm and finish the fight.

Practice switching to your side arm more often while in said scenarios where you run out of a clip with your primary. Most people do this out of habit anyway.

PS: If you get a hit marker with your primary then switch and hip fire your side arm it won't automatically hit all the time, it depends on the positioning of yourself and the target.
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
duckondrugs

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 pm

technos got it also. i would recommend the m1911 with magnum ammo. one time, i ran into a building, emptied a clip into one guy, emptiedmy pistol into another then knifed the last 2 guys, without a single bit of damage. imma lucky basterd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:27 pm

duckondrugs wrote:
technos got it also. i would recommend the m1911 with magnum ammo. one time, i ran into a building, emptied a clip into one guy, emptiedmy pistol into another then knifed the last 2 guys, without a single bit of damage. imma lucky basterd

I think I saw a video of that on the BC2 Urban Legends website. Smile

It definitely doesn't hurt to go to the knife as a last resort maneuver. I don't know how many times I thought I was toast in a CQB scenario, only to end up the winner of the fight, even if barely alive.
Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
A bipolar tree

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:12 pm

CrazyBagaDonits wrote:
Well, for a pump shotty or bolt-action, you typically will get off a "hit marker" when you hit someone. You should train yourself to automatically pull out your pistol in-case you haven't killed off the person.

This is why the MP-443 Grach or M9 Pistol are excellent choices for finishing the job. In fact, I've taken out an entire squad using only the MP-443 Grach. I was lucky because they weren't looking.

That was exactly like I was thinking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:35 pm

oh, i get it now. i thought you were talking about a shotgun specific scenario. this holds true for any gun. get used to pulling that thing quickly. i do it all the time.

i pretty much platinumed the m9 cause of it. i'm working the burst now.
Back to top Go down
Technogician
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Technogician

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 pm

GHOSTBEER wrote:
oh, i get it now. i thought you were talking about a shotgun specific scenario. this holds true for any gun. get used to pulling that thing quickly. i do it all the time.

i pretty much platinumed the m9 cause of it. i'm working the burst now.

I'm working the burst also as my side arm, I love it.
Back to top Go down
victuals
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
victuals

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:35 pm

I do it all the time.

My shotgun gets her love, but I still gotta give my M9 some lovin' on the side.
Back to top Go down
Hoang
Discharged
Hoang

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 am

The M1911 seems more powerful for me so I usually don't even have to pull out the boomstick for it. I'd usually just shoot if they are face to face and knife if I'm behind me. Note the best weapon in signature. Everyone here surely knows how slow it is to get a knife maneuver off, and imagine doing that face to face with people there was many times both weapons saved me in the event of a CQB. In summary, no shotguns necessary xD.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Technogician wrote:
Crazy has it dead on practically. The Follow Up Side Arm technique is just another of saying it's faster to switch to your side arm then reload your primary. If you run out of a clip with your primary and you got hostiles near you it's a hell of a lot quicker to switch to your side arm and finish the fight.

Practice switching to your side arm more often while in said scenarios where you run out of a clip with your primary. Most people do this out of habit anyway.

PS: If you get a hit marker with your primary then switch and hip fire your side arm it won't automatically hit all the time, it depends on the positioning of yourself and the target.

Exactly, or even to re-bolt / re-pump the sniper rifle / shotgun (respectively). Depending on the sniper rifle, it can take up to 2.0 seconds to prime another cartridge on the M95 sniper. The SPAS, Neostead, and 870 also are notorious for slow pumps. I believe the Neostead has the slowest pump action, but you may want to look at the stats sheets that Axx put up.

High capacity pistols are ideal for finishing off foes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?   Follow Up Side Arm fire technique? Empty

Back to top Go down

Follow Up Side Arm fire technique?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top