13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. Empty
PostSubject: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Multiplayer Update 3 for Bad Company 2 -- PS3 tonight, other formats to follow
zh1nt0
Yesterday, 7:00 PM
As the title suggests, there is an update for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 coming for the PS3 platform, and it contains multiple changes to the game. This update is also in preparation for our upcoming VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which explains the size of it.

We are working hard on getting these fixes out for both PC and Xbox 360 as well, so in the coming days, look for updates on those platforms as well.

Sometime tomorrow the update will be deployed and will be downloadable for everyone starting up their PS3. PS3 players might encounter some temporary outages or suffer from lag during the server updates (between GMT 00:01 2010-11-24 and GMT 00:01 2010-11-25).

Here is a complete list of all the fixes in this update:

- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.

- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.

- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.

- Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.

- Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.

- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.

- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.

- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.

- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.

- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.

- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.

- Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.

- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.

- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.

- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.

- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.

- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.

- Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

If you have any questions regarding the patch, feel free to contact me on my Twitter.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:14 pm

BTW... Like I'm actually gonna run a scope on the G3 instead of carrying extra C4 or rockets.... I don't think so.

If they actually reduce the amount of damage done to MCOMs using C4, rockets, tank shells, etc... it's gonna make defending much easier and attacking much tougher.

I hope all the whiners are happy.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeh I heard about this I think it's good as Vads really annoyed me when I'm flying a helicopter and then ring pushed into a building.

Can't wait for update
Back to top Go down
Nero012
Corporal
Corporal
Nero012

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:52 pm

wow....gonna make our fights alot more fun!
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Vehicle countermeasure time reduced, hellz yeah. Axx more rockets from your uav streaming down on our enemies.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

The reduced damage to Mcoms by weapons displeases me greatly as does the increased M95 body shot damage. Although on reflection the reduced Mcom damage might be a positive if it forces people to stay round the Mcom for the purposes of disarming because then I'll be getting more C4 kills.

I can't see any positives to the M95 damage hike, in fact it upsets me so much I think I will go sit in a dark room and be alone for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 am

Dtiger29 wrote:
Vehicle countermeasure time reduced, hellz yeah. Axx more rockets from your uav streaming down on our enemies.

Counter Measure and Primary Missile are two different items. However, faster reload of the smoke on the UAV would make it more effective as an offensive partner for assault/smoke attacks.

The M14 + 4x ACOG might become very popular against infantry targets. If you add in magnum ammo, it takes the rifle to a whole new level.

BTW... I made platinum the Abrams yesterday and I'm at 407 kills on the UAV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 am

BTW... just a reminder of where things are right now.

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. Weapon%20stats%20post%20patch

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. Primary%26allkitStatsSM

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. Specs%201

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. VEHICLES%201
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.   BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow. Empty

Back to top Go down

BC2 patch for PS3, other platforms to follow.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top