13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 Empty
PostSubject: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

I have been thinking about some MCOM defense tactics I have observed which might help assure we almost never lose some MCOM locations.

RAMBO Hive: We saw this used against us recently on the Arica Harbor final Base MCOM A location, where they had a full team of Medics camping the A MCOM. Short of blowing out all of the building walls with the Tank or rockets, it was a very effective defense that lets us bleed out tickets down to zero after rolling over them very quickly.

Heavy Vehicle for the BLOCK: Arica Harbor - Base 2 MCOM A: The garage is Destruction 2.0 proof. So park the T90 such that it blocks on of the doors, and even when it blows up the fiery wrecks continues to block the opening for a long time. By the time the fiery wreck disappears, the tank spawns shortly there after. Rinse and Repeat. Starting a small RAMBO HIVE inside the A MCOM garage would nicely add to the defense between tank spawns. OR multiple Engineers can safely heal the tank from inside the garage.

NECKLACE of DEATH: The MCOMs left out in the open like the Atacama A MCOMs are heavily surrounded by AT Mines making them nearly impervious to any vehicle/C4 exploits. The Port Valdez Base 1 B MCOM is another location which would benefit from a purdy necklace. In this regard, I would love to see us make a habit of getting our Assault equipped members to always drop an ammo box near these "open air" MCOMs whenever they have an occasion to pass by.

Heavy Vehicle for the BLOCK - Part 2/Attack Twist: When attacking the open air MCOMS on Isal Incentes Base 1, fly a fully loaded BH in and land in front of the MCOM. Deploy all but one member so the BH blocks the enemy from targeting the team arming the MCOM, and even if the BH is destroyed, the fiery wreck continues to block the team, which can focus weapons fire to either side of the BH. Something similar can be done when attacking the Port Valdez Base 1 B MCOM. Drive one or both heavy vehicles in to surround block multiple line of sight angles to the MCOM. Open air MCOMs on other maps like Laguna Presa are also good candidates for this tactic when the defenders are nicely positioned to kill anyone coming to arm an objective. Just don't tell them about the Necklace of Death tactic.

The EXPLODING GOOSE Dinner with Heart Burn on the side: Load a BH with C4 and one or more Engineers with AT Mines load in. Fly/land the BH into an open air MCOM. Everyone deploys. Trigger the C4 and lay & explode AT Mines. Badda Bing Badda Boom No more MCOM. We have to try this to take both Isla Incentes Base 1 MCOMs at once.

I know there are other MCOM defense/attack tactics we could include, so please post them and I will add them to this 1st post.

Axx
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:34 pm

i have noticed when defending or attacking mcomms, using a gun just above the level of the units catches anybody, even in the head for the people that duck. just a quick little tip to avoid hurting the mcomm and snagging people behind it.

also, for attacking, setting c4 on it and arming it at the same time. wait a bit for people to disarm, boom. so the c4 is gone and the unit is still up. people go to disarm, mortar time. by then, the unit blows up from being armed anyway. also, plenty o kills for those attackers.
Back to top Go down
Souljah E
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Souljah E

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm

These are excellent tips. Can we rename the Necklace of Death as the Red Ring of Death though ?
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 am

I'm diggin' the Heavy Vehicle blocking tactic. This is of course after the charge is set in A. Ideally, I would like to see two tanks coming down that hill, one pulls left over the dunes and adjacent to the construction site and rains down punishment on B for a Destruction 2.0. Tank two would be excellent for said tactic as tank one is free to support MCOM A. Tank commanders should note the Stationary AT weapons in Zone 2 on top of the 1st construction site and one down the street adjacent to a garage.
Back to top Go down
Antonio
Discharged
Antonio

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I never thought of using a vehicle to block the garage mcom. Great strategies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Antonio wrote:
I never thought of using a vehicle to block the garage mcom. Great strategies.

If you think about it, there many open air MCOMs which have a wall or some other obstruction to one side. These are also good candidates for using a heavy vehicle to block another line of sight to the MCOM, making it easier for the attackers to defend a smaller quadrant from which the defenders can fire on the MCOM.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Also, a little risky and tricky to pull off, for that same MCOM station on Arica Harbor, I'll be a recon and plant a couple C4 right on the door or just outside. By throwing a sensor ball, I'll have a birds eye view of who's gonna get their balls blown sky high.

One might say that this is the oldest trick in the book, but its very effective. Especially when the recon sensor gives away enemy positions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Crazy... Can you help me with a few questions?

How do you get a motion mine spot assist?

How is a Squad Motion Mine Spot assist different?

How do you get the Exemplary Marksmanship Combat points toward the insignia? I assume it sniper rifle related.

How do you obtain an attack and defend order? I assume you would get it as an attacker by spotting the MCOM before and after it's armed.

Thanks Axx
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Bytehoven wrote:
Crazy... Can you help me with a few questions?

How do you get a motion mine spot assist?

How is a Squad Motion Mine Spot assist different?

How do you get the Exemplary Marksmanship Combat points toward the insignia? I assume it sniper rifle related.

How do you obtain an attack and defend order? I assume you would get it as an attacker by spotting the MCOM before and after it's armed.

Thanks Axx

i can answer.

motion mine spot assist is when the ball is going off and someone makes a kill because of it.

squad assist is worth more points. it's just when a squad member makes the kill

marksman headshots have to be dead on and give you the 'marksman headshot' points to get thsi pin. you must get 100 of those.

attack and defend order - hit the back button on a base and someone makes an attack on it or a defend on it. i think you get it when damage happens on attack. i spam the back button a lot anyways just trying to spot bad guys, so i get the order a lot too. defend is when someone is making what the game considers and attack on it and they get killed.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Yeah what Ghost said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201   MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201 Empty

Back to top Go down

MCOM Defense/Attack Tactics 201

View previous topic View next topic Back to top