13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense Empty
PostSubject: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Ah, the clear night sky filled with beautiful stars, cute-looking clouds, and parachuting soldiers... OH S***! Parachuting soldiers! That's right guy. Nelson Bay can be a hellish nightmare for a disorganized team given all the shrubery.

Right, onto the tactics.

Thanks to the War Room: [ http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/war-room ] from EA, I was able to create these tactical maps.

Nelson Bay is broken down into 3 separate zones of defense or attack which ever side you are on. Each zone confers different tactical strategies which are as follows.

Zone 1 - Destructable Buildings?!

Zone 1 confers much defense, however, it is important that on defense, we need to stem them as far up as we can MCOM building collapse is a very real and present danger.

The red arrows above show the most common paths by which their invasions will most likely happen. Our AO (area of operation) should be only between both vertical red bars to ensure quick response times.

In the beginning, we need to hug A and B since fast movers come in from all directions. Recon with their sensors will be of huge help here. After the initial assault with fast movers, we will then fan out and expand our defenses for a more aggressive approach while leaving security elements of 2 members each on both A and B. Should fast movers or set-charges get past us, security element should be able to neutralize the threat without having the "fanned-out" defense force.

The defense force may also fall back to the red dots to provide close support of the MCOMs.

Snipers will find that the point indicated by the blue dot will have a good LOS should they destroy the trees in front of them.

Recons with sensors on both A and B, supplied by assaults are recommended! Keep note that the extremes of the maps are also very good attacking points as noted from the larger-headed arrows.

Zone 2 - The Stronghold and Scorched Earth

Think scorched earth for this zone. We have 4 heavy MGs at our disposal. So we need to clear our LOS for this zone to be effectively guarded.

Falling back to Zone 2, recon elements and assaults with C4 place the C4 on the suggested areas (yellow dots) to clear our line of sight. Those freshly respawning in Zone 2 destroy every tree (green dots) between the blue diagonal line (left) to the red vertical line.

Manning all 4 heavy MGs creates an inescapable and crazy-effect killzone as denoted by the red angles (the heavy MG LOS). With the trees gone, the enemies have no place to hide. This scorched earth tactic will have them hiding in their spawn.

Fallback points are noted as the red dots which are at the "Helicopter Wreckage Site" and "Crossroads w/ Bridge". The sniper point (blue dot) provides good overlook over the entire Zone 2.

The yellow X in front of A is a well known enemy staging area as it is a defilade and blind spot to the machine guns. Rush that spot if you suspect a tango there.

Zone 3 - The Last Stand

Same scorched earth tactic as Zone 2, detonate the trees.

The enemy safe house across from A is a popular staging point and should be checked often. The MG Nest Low cannot effectively kill enemies inside the house and one may consider bringing the house down. MCOM B is a bit of a coffin for CQB. The walls should be kept in tact to funnel enemies in for a kill zone while CQB recons use their sensor balls to detect enemy movement.

MCOM A has a fairly harder perimeter to secure, however, the yellow lines confer cover and are good to set up a perimeter around while being covered by the MG Nest Low and MG Nest High.

MG Nest Low has a tendency to get flanked from a hook to the right and its flank must be protected by more sensor balls or a vigilant soldier.

The red dot by MG Nest High is a high traffic zone for enemies and should be kept an eye on. Sensor balls on both red dots will help monitor enemy movement as they funnel in.

There is also another MG nest behind B but that confers very close defense inside Zone 3. Still, consider using it.
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
totalwarrior6780

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm

great guide im gunna try it out soon
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Awesome crazy, this is what is needed.

A couple of points: zone 1 far left along the cliff is a great place to set a c4 ambush. A cqb recon can set the c4 on the path drop a sensor ball for tango detection and boom.

Also, there is a back path to the nested MG in zone 3. It follows the right side o the river and jump around a rock. This puts you out of bounds but allows you to get behind the mg unseen and eventually behind the defenses spawn.

It would also be wise to open up all of the train cars in zone 3. They can be used by enemy as forward spawn points and some provide good LOS to bravo.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Dtiger29 wrote:
Awesome crazy, this is what is needed.

A couple of points: zone 1 far left along the cliff is a great place to set a c4 ambush. A cqb recon can set the c4 on the path drop a sensor ball for tango detection and boom.

Also, there is a back path to the nested MG in zone 3. It follows the right side o the river and jump around a rock. This puts you out of bounds but allows you to get behind the mg unseen and eventually behind the defenses spawn.

It would also be wise to open up all of the train cars in zone 3. They can be used by enemy as forward spawn points and some provide good LOS to bravo.

Right on tiger! I need more strategies for zone 3. Statistically, my team and I typically rout the enemy at zone 2.
Back to top Go down
GHOSTBEER
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:45 pm

the helicopter wreckage site is a great place to plant c4 around since they use it so much to hide behind. if you get a bunch of bums camping back there, boom it. many kills possible.

posting just behind alpha on zone 2 is a great place to defend. it's very hard for the enemy to get to the unit when fire power is present from this small cliff. also, on that cliff, there is a spot just outside of the enemy map that isn't for defense. if u play attacker enough you will know this line. it's great for shooting enemies and hard for them to see you with their weapon and very hard for them to sneak up on you since it is out of bounds for them.
Back to top Go down
Dtiger29
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Dtiger29

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

forgot to mention that the high nest on zone 3 is a great spot for recons to pick out the individual players coming up the left side. I would say for them to spot the enemy more so than shoot them, mortar strikes work well from there too. Beware there are several countersniping locations that the attackers have behind zone 2's bravo.

Also, if the buildings in zone one did not get demolished in the attack, blow them up in the retreat. They both offer great LOS for recons to snipe at us in zone 2. I've been extremely effective at pinning down defense at zone 2 alpha from zone 1 alpha, even with the trees.
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
paisaman

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

tnx for the tactics supahshyguy, but i dont really use a battle plane on nelson bay, i just go trough the forest carefully and almost Stealth with sniperskaya special ( that silenced sniper), so i guess ima only a sneaky basterd Lol
Back to top Go down
primalfury97
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:27 pm

paisaman3 wrote:
tnx for the tactics supahshyguy, but i dont really use a battle plane on nelson bay, i just go trough the forest carefully and almost Stealth with sniperskaya special ( that silenced sniper), so i guess ima only a sneaky basterd Lol

... mkay?

anyways, good info on that sniper position behind B in zone 3, tiger. I am going to try that out
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm

To anyone, If you would like, you may use the template above (1st picture) for your strategies.
Back to top Go down
CrazyBagaDonits
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
CrazyBagaDonits

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 pm

I remember playing a game in which i was attacking the building housing MCOM B at zone 3. once we took out the Mcom, getting to the roof and holding it down with my squad gave us a huge tactical advantage with overlook over MCOM A and with a heavy MG at te high position to boot!

This distraction allowed smurfs to arm it.

Point is, holding that building is a sound tactical stronghold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense   [Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

[Tactics] Nelson Bay Rush - Defense

View previous topic View next topic Back to top