13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Recording Help EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Recording Help EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Recording Help EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Recording Help EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Recording Help EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Recording Help EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Recording Help EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Recording Help EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Recording Help EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Recording Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrMatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MrMatt

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

I would Like to record my gameplay so i can look back at it and see where my errors were placed. and to record me playing my fellow mates in CoD MW3

=D

I used fraps.
I lagged to death and the video came out so laggy. and it start to make my system lagg after 4mins using fps 30

Camtasia 7-8, FPS 30

I don't know, it laggs the gameplay when you compile the video and etc

Bandicam lol what a joke in my opinon lagged out. o.0 black screen when u watch the finish product.

Wink
Black screen - Bigger Joke to use.

Computer Spec
nvidia GTX 220
intel core i5 650 3.20GHz
W7 HP (64bit)
8gb Ram
23inch HD 1080p HDMI w/ VGA =D

Can anyone help me fiqure out my issue.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 pm

You're gonna struggle with a lower spec pc. Try msi afterburner or set fraps to record half-size
Back to top Go down
MrMatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MrMatt

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:52 pm

thank you death, i'll try out msi afterburner it looks promising =D
Back to top Go down
NiceShotNub
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
NiceShotNub

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah you're probably gonna have to upgrade your PC a bit to record full resolution HD Videos. First thing you'd need is a new Graphics Card, the Nvidia 550ti and 560ti cards are going fairly cheap nowadays (Comparatively) and will allow you to record your gameplay in full resolution 720p+ (I don't recommend 1080 because nobody on youtube actually bothers to load up 1080, and only the people with super powerful monitors will notice the difference).
Back to top Go down
MrMatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MrMatt

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 am

the problem is my computer is a dell factory standard computer, i can't upgrade it, and i tried to upgrade it, my motherboard refused anything but the default parts.

I try to put in a cors air 600w with a gtx 550ti 2gb and my motherboard wouldn't accept it o.0 lol

So technally i'm screwed with recording. well this is a bummer.....
Back to top Go down
NiceShotNub
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
NiceShotNub

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 am

MrMatt wrote:
the problem is my computer is a dell factory standard computer, i can't upgrade it, and i tried to upgrade it, my motherboard refused anything but the default parts.

I try to put in a cors air 600w with a gtx 550ti 2gb and my motherboard wouldn't accept it o.0 lol

So technally i'm screwed with recording. well this is a bummer.....

If you still have those parts, you can get a new motherboard. Most motherboards are compatible with what you already have (I.E your intel Processor). You may have to change your RAM, depending, but everything else should be fine.
Back to top Go down
MrMatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MrMatt

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 am

@NiceShotNub, Can you help me pick out a new motherboard, i don't wanna pay alot for a new computer if some parts are cheap under 100dollars. and still work

Complete Computer Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz - Clarkdale 32nm Technology
Ram: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532 MHz (7-7-7-20)(I can hold up 2 two more)
MotherBoard: Dell Inc. 033FF6(CPU 1)
Graphics: W2340(1920x1080@60Hz) - 1024MB Geforce GT 220(nVidia)
Hard Drive: 1GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device(SATA)
Optical Drive: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G ATA Device
Audio: High Definition Audio Device

Found at all this by PiriForm Speccy

What would you go with.

AMD or Intel

and Which Graphic Card As well.
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:28 am

Hey MrMatt, sorry to butt in here, but I myself record for various games, and hope that I have some valuable input.

In terms of cheap motherboards, AMD is generally cheaper and gives you a decent product for what you pay. Intel makes good ones too, however they are almost always more expensive for nearly the same device.

This motherboard is closing in on your budget of $100 (it's $89.99 on most sites), but it's a good deal: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 9 Series FX Motherboard

As for the graphic card, I would say the same thing. AMD has better deals, whereas NVIDIA - although they make powerful devices - are almost twice as much. Keep in mind, however, that though these two brands are very celebrated, there are other companies that make graphic cards, i.e. XFX and EVGA

Graphic card suggestion (prices range from $75.00 - $105.00 depending on where you buy): AMD Radeon HD 6750 (73.6 GB/s memory bandwidth, Up to 1.008 TFLOPs compute power, and full DX11 support)

Remember, these are SUGGESTIONS that are meant to aid you in YOUR decision, so choose wisely on what you decide to buy. If you're not comfortable with the price range or performance, then look elsewhere. There are always better deals. Also, I'm sure NiceShotNub is here for you.

Happy shopping!

-----------------------------------------

Lol, we both use Speccy.

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - Thuban 45nm Technology (Six Core)
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: FOXCONN 2AB1 (CPU 1)
Graphics: M2762D (1920x1080@60Hz) - AMD Radeon HD 6770
Hard Drive: 1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15 EARS-60MVWB0 SATA Disk Device (SATA)
Optical Drive: hp BDDVDRW CH20L SATA CdRom Device
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Back to top Go down
MrMatt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
MrMatt

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 am

Ok which is better for Completely Max out Gaming w/o any system lagg once so ever.

I barely making this computer make ends meet with today's computer games.
I doubt it will even play FC3 when it comes out.
I have to set most games to low settings and etc, and honestly i can't see crap due to the low quality.

this computer cost me 1.2k,
but i'm seeing update i7 core w/ GTX and the AMD for about 700 bucks, so right now idk whats best for me.
I feel ripped off. o.0
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 am

It's very easy to feel like you're being cheated by the middleman, meaning the stores that are selling you the hardware. Because you are.

I assume you're going to attempt to assemble your own PC, right? Because most PC gamers today find the appropriate parts and assemble their system themselves, therefore taking away all the costs you would have to pay for if you were to buy an already assembled computer at a store front, i.e. tax/labor costs. When you find the parts you want online at a much more affordable price, you can essentially make any computer you want. By the way assembling your own isn't very hard, there are plenty of online step-by-step instructions, and many of the components you buy come with an installation guide, so I highly recommend this.

In terms of having an absolute beast desktop with an overclocking value of x1,000,000,000, I'd say NVIDIA makes the most powerful and capable GeForce graphic cards, for example the new GTX 690. It's not a practical option, obviously, as it costs over $1000. Even so many of GeForce's older and less expensive graphic cards like the GTX 460 pack quite a punch at a comfortable price, this specific one around $110.

Although, AMD also came out with its AMD Radeon 7970 GHz Edition, which achieves fantastic visuals as well for around $700, firmly making a name for itself as one of the fastest graphics processors available for the public, right behind the super high-end GeForce cards. The best affordable option for AMD would most likely be the AMD Radeon HD 6750 that I suggested earlier. All in all however, NVIDIA makes the super dooper shiz.

In terms of CPU's, same rules apply. The middle-high range AMD CPU's such as the Phenom II series are reliable and only cost around $200-$400. NVIDIA nForce CPU's just plain cost more, $300-$520.

I just showed you the products that were available if money wasn't an option, and then showed you what my favorite deals were. What you need to do is figure out your budget, and then go from there. It's very easy to go to NVIDIA's or AMD's websites and take graphic cards you are interested in, then refine your search by looking up more information on the internet. There's bound to be tons of sites that will explain things to you.

And HELL yes I'm excited for Far Cry 3 too!
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:21 am

If you're gonna get a new pc, then for CPUs, I'd go for the i5 2500k , or the new i5 3570k ivybridge, you don't need anything more powerful than that.

Motherboard is kinda up to you, I never go for really expensive ones, I just find a good ASUS one.

GPU the gtx690 would be the most powerful, but I'd probably go for something like an AMD 6950 reference edition (which can be flashed to run as a 6970) or just run a 6970. Or if you have more to spend, go for one of the AMD 7000 series.

Back to top Go down
NiceShotNub
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
NiceShotNub

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 pm

TheShadyMoss wrote:
It's very easy to feel like you're being cheated by the middleman, meaning the stores that are selling you the hardware. Because you are.

I assume you're going to attempt to assemble your own PC, right? Because most PC gamers today find the appropriate parts and assemble their system themselves, therefore taking away all the costs you would have to pay for if you were to buy an already assembled computer at a store front, i.e. tax/labor costs. When you find the parts you want online at a much more affordable price, you can essentially make any computer you want. By the way assembling your own isn't very hard, there are plenty of online step-by-step instructions, and many of the components you buy come with an installation guide, so I highly recommend this.

In terms of having an absolute beast desktop with an overclocking value of x1,000,000,000, I'd say NVIDIA makes the most powerful and capable GeForce graphic cards, for example the new GTX 690. It's not a practical option, obviously, as it costs over $1000. Even so many of GeForce's older and less expensive graphic cards like the GTX 460 pack quite a punch at a comfortable price, this specific one around $110.

Although, AMD also came out with its AMD Radeon 7970 GHz Edition, which achieves fantastic visuals as well for around $700, firmly making a name for itself as one of the fastest graphics processors available for the public, right behind the super high-end GeForce cards. The best affordable option for AMD would most likely be the AMD Radeon HD 6750 that I suggested earlier. All in all however, NVIDIA makes the super dooper shiz.

In terms of CPU's, same rules apply. The middle-high range AMD CPU's such as the Phenom II series are reliable and only cost around $200-$400. NVIDIA nForce CPU's just plain cost more, $300-$520.

I just showed you the products that were available if money wasn't an option, and then showed you what my favorite deals were. What you need to do is figure out your budget, and then go from there. It's very easy to go to NVIDIA's or AMD's websites and take graphic cards you are interested in, then refine your search by looking up more information on the internet. There's bound to be tons of sites that will explain things to you.

And HELL yes I'm excited for Far Cry 3 too!

The 460 is a decent card, but for a measly $20 more (Last I checked) you can get the 550ti which is twice as powerful. Websites like Amazon and Newegg sell this card (Titled the Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti) for around $130.

As Apple said above, I'd go with an AMD Chipset motherboard, the one he mentioned is a good recommendation.

For processor, go with an i5 over an i7 and overclock it (IF your motherboard supports it) OR go for a nice AMD FX 4100 quad core @about 3.6 GHz. This processor IS Compatible with your motherboard (It's an AM3+ Chipset as is your Mobo). It runs for around $109 on Amazon.

It looks like everything else will be compatible with that motherboard, so you should be fine.

EDIT: I would not go with an AMD Graphics card unless I truly could not spend any more money period. The last time I had a Radeon in my system, it had huge overheating problems without OCing and was slower than a same-price NVIDIA card.

Also keep in mind that budget PCs are the ones that will need to be upgraded the most. If you put less money into your PC now, you'll spend more later on upgrading it again if you decide to keep going for PC Gaming.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Hmm, I've never ever had a problem with AMD GPUs, I think they're much better value for money, and the only Nvidia ones which can't get matched in terms of performance are the 680 and 690.

Definitely go for an i5 over an i7
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
AppleGrande

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Lol, this is so much information we're giving him! But yes the i5's are perfect for your situation.

Your problem you had asked for help on stated that you needed some help solving your recording issue. We told you that you needed an upgraded PC, which is still true. Luckily you have all these suggestions to work off of, however I don't want to stray too far from your original question.

With some new parts installed in your computer, your computer would run very smooth. Therefore, your system could support more demanding capturing software. In truth, Fraps is the best option for your new computer (if you choose to upgrade), and I recommend it over other programs if you have the option. It is a simple program to use, produces clearer video, and makes it easy to edit clips that you have stored with programs like Sony Vegas Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. You will also have fewer experiences with file corruption, and other problems of the sort, than Bandicam or Wink would have you believe.

Like Death said, if you still have problems record half size, and I've used MSI Afterburner once before and it surprised me with its effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I use Fraps and Vegas Pro 11 for my newer videos (if you've seen any of them). Used to use Movie maker, I think you can see the difference.

I usually run half size at 50fps, but I'm getting the i5 2500k on Tuesday, so I'll be able to record full at 60fps I hope.

Thing is with Fraps, very large video sizes.
Back to top Go down
NiceShotNub
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
NiceShotNub

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Also you could consider Dxtory, I find that it is less demanding on my PC than fraps, and produces the same quality videos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recording Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Help   Recording Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Recording Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top