13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Thinking of getting a PC EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Thinking of getting a PC EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Thinking of getting a PC EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Thinking of getting a PC EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Thinking of getting a PC EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Thinking of getting a PC EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Thinking of getting a PC EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Thinking of getting a PC EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Thinking of getting a PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

Thinking of getting a PC Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Lately i've been thinking of getting a new PC for gaming, i've looked around and have found one that looks good for the price and I would like to know if any of you PC experts out there could tell me if this would be good enough to run games like Arma 2 or Fallout New Vegas on normal settings and still maintain a decent frame rate. Ok this is it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Athlon-II-X2-Dual-Core-AM3-Gaming-PC-Computer-4GB-RAM-HDMI-Windows-7-Pro-/180859721945?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item2a1c1458d9#ht_3011wt_1037
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Deathdealer96

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I would recommend getting parts and doing it yourself if you have the know how. an AMD phenom would certainly be better thsn the athlon. You may want more RAM as well, but 4gb should be sufficient
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
ApplesausGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
I would recommend getting parts and doing it yourself if you have the know how. an AMD phenom would certainly be better thsn the athlon. You may want more RAM as well, but 4gb should be sufficient
I dont exactly have the know how but can usually figure things out, so are you telling me that it should be able to run those games?
Back to top Go down
Mangekyo
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class
Mangekyo

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah. Deathdealer is right. You should definitely consider learning and building your own computer with your own parts. The thing about that prebuilt.. is that if you think about it.. It's not that cheap. You can probably build a cheap gaming PC with a better graphic card than that computer for around the same price. The thing I see that is beneficial in this case is that the one that's prebuilt comes with Windows 7. If you plan on getting a legit copy of Windows 7, then it's another 100-120 bucks added on.

Determining if that system can run Arma and New Vegas also depends on what resolution you're going to be playing on. If you're going to be playing on 1920x1080, then most likely a 8400gs will not be close to sufficient. There's also the fact that a 8400gs is an older card, meaning that it'll only have DX9. So you'll be missing features from DX10 and DX11 games.
Back to top Go down
GoldFusion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GoldFusion

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:47 pm

not worth buying, i would buy that for 150 to 200 bucks. you can get a better graphics than that if you where to build.
Back to top Go down
Rajputana
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Rajputana

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Mangekyo, you are the resident tech geek so I will defer to you.

Apple, if you do decide to get this computer (or something similar in desktop fashion) go a little cheaper and then just swap out RAM components with something newer (which are available from Newegg very cheaply).
Back to top Go down
Insevin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I prefer consoles because I don't give a care about GFX and the hardware only needs updating about every 10 years.
Back to top Go down
BuJeeran
Corporal
Corporal
BuJeeran

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

seems like a good price if you were gonna change the gfx card and upgrade the ram and tbh honest i agree with Insevin since pcs generally get upgrades every 2 or so years so its a huge pain trying to keep up with the improvements :/
Back to top Go down
l1fewind
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
l1fewind

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I agree with the above posts, you will end up upgrading a bit when you get it as it will run the games...but probably not to your liking.

The only way to know 100% is to find out what type of motherboard is on there, and what type of video card is on it.

The processor currently in there is more for business type computers. Yes it can do some descent processing, but not the processing a game does. Also, there are many AMD Athlon ll processors. You would want to know which specific model it is.

But guessing, the motherboard in that thing is about 80 bucks, processor about 80 bucks, that case is probably 30, RAM is 25ish Depending on the type and if its two sticks or one, doesn't mention the HD space.

It states that it meets Diablo 3 requirements...well Diablo 3 requirements arn't that high. My 5 year old computer can run Diablo 3 with a 90 dollar video card upgrade. If it meets the minimums, the game isn't going to be fun. Try to aim higher than minimums, but if you are on a budget don't go over crazy is all. Look for stuff that meets your requirements. find games that you may want to play and look at those recommend settings and see the price of those computers. Those computers will tend to last longer in the future without upgrades as new games tend to get closer to the current game recommended requirements (not quiet to it, but almost).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of getting a PC   Thinking of getting a PC Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a PC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top