13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:16 pm

We had a relatively good night battling it out against Veritas Gaming, unfortunatly it all came down to a single mcom, wich we did not manage to detonate. The match resulted in a 2-1 loss for the 13th MEU.

I'm still quite discontent with this result though. The shooters on our team where superior to theirs. And I believe our tactics as well, if they where executed properly. Grand Bazaar showed us that we have the capacity to pull these sort of things of. These are some of the subjects wich I think we should work on:

you need to get this gun with these attachments for this map: I do not understand why this discussion had to take place. Like I clearly stated in the briefing it was Weapons of Choice for every player. If you think a DAO-12 with a laser sight, rifle scope and flechette rounds is the ideal weapon to deal with targets on a map where the expected combat range is 50 to 200 meters by all means go ahead with that weapon, I do not care, as long as you neutralize the target. We all clocked atleast 100 hours in ranked in this game, so we all know wich weapons we are comfortable with. Do not preach it onto others. Still don't like your buddy's weapon systems? kill his targets for him, then brag about your k/d AFTER the scrim.

We need less engineers, we need more engineers, we don't need a support, we need snipers, we need more assault, we don't need assault, get engineer instead: Another discussion I do not really understand. I understand that when things aren't going our way immediatly you feel like mixing up things. But this would only make us more disorganised. I carefully calculated that 5 engineers, 2 assault and a support player would provide the best counter to the heavy armor and light infantry play I expected to come up against. These discussions only clouded our teamspeak with unnecessary talk.

we need to go do this, we need to go do that, I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that: In my opinion the tactics where not difficult to comprehend. On Teheran we were going to use the tanks to cover the AMTRAC carying the infantry in and out of hotpockets, where the infantry could engage at close range. This to prevent a long range slugfest between their tanks and our infantry, wich would probably end up unfavorably for our team. When through midgame I noticed this tactic wasn't as effective anymore ( in no lesser part due to poor execution ) I decided to throw it overboard and assign Alpha to the right flank, with Bravo operating on the left.

useless deaths: What operating on the right or left flank should mean to you, is is that you find your respective squadleader, position yourself in cover in his direct vicinity, and only advance forward when he does or when he tells you to do so. I often saw people charging in on their own, being picked off easily by enemy forces.

Patience Why do you think we need to win a rush game in under 5 minutes? Blitzing is a useful tactic when properly deployed ( we Falcons practiced on it for our january scrims against the crusaders, we employed it with mixed results ) but I am hesistant to employ it against vehicles. what good is 1-3 soldiers in a jeep gonna do against their main force? Also, When I made sure everybody was in the correct slot of my AMTRAC, our first tank was already at the entrance of the MCOM base, why? you where supposed to protect me. Neither of you had infantry support to help deal with the combined forces of tanks and AT infantry while I had to deal with infantry flinging RPG'S at me from the rocks.

Anyway, that is enough ranting. Please understand that this is not ment offensive, to you as a whole or to certain individuals. The 13th pc platoon is only now getting expierence in playing scrims against external parties. I only want us to become good and proficient at performing scrims. For some of us, this means working on their shooting and combat skills, for others, working on their teamwork and communication skills. I believe that some day we will make it, that we will become good at it and become a known team perhaps. You could compare it to the Pacific war maybe. at first the americans got pushed back hard and took some losses, but later on they started winning a lot of their major battles.

I also really hope you enjoyed ourselves this night, in the end, that is what we play games for namely Smile

be sure to sign up for the next match scheduled next saturday here, I'll try to set up some extra practices, and encourage nmd and trister to do so as well. Perhaps next week we'll have more luck Very Happy see you on the battlefield

Last edited by sryan on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:55 am

I don't understand how did you come up with 3-1, haha. There were only 3 rounds not 4 Smile
Nice post though, you are trying hard, i like that Smile
Back to top Go down
sryan
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
sryan

PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 am

just as I was making my coffee I realised I mistyped that as well 0o

scary Razz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Trister

PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:10 am

From their view - One player has it out for Phantom lol. Sounds like they were having problems just as we were.

Their 2nd round https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjQrR5vb6wQ
3rd round https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNiazNB5w1o

From ours
Back to top Go down
pH4nT0m
Corporal
Corporal
pH4nT0m

PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:51 am

It looks like i was a major pain in the *** haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)   Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrim: 13th Vs Veritas Gaming (BF3 PC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top