13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
token
Sergeant
Sergeant
token

How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings Empty
PostSubject: How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings   How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Hey guys, so I've been going through and trying different ways of compressing video files that I recorded using Fraps without losing any video quality and I think I came across a good solution that we could all use. I know there has been some posts on other threads with opinions on which program works best so I thought that after finding this that it would be a good idea to start a thread for it to let everyone know. I was able to compress a 2.7GB file down to 127MB and the video quality remained the same. Here's a small clip from a video that I made of me sniping. After compressing the video and then editing it down to just show one kill, the video size came out to only 25MB. This made uploading video files much faster as well, I got this video up in literally under 2 minutes with processing and everything.

Here's the video I found with the programs to use and a short briefing on how to use them:

If you guys have any better ways of doing this, post it up on here so we can all start recording our matches to help with recruiting!
Back to top Go down

How to reduce the file size of your FRAPS video recordings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top