13th MEU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
BFH for Cheapskates EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
BFH for Cheapskates EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
BFH for Cheapskates EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
BFH for Cheapskates EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
BFH for Cheapskates EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
BFH for Cheapskates EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
BFH for Cheapskates EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
BFH for Cheapskates EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
BFH for Cheapskates EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

BFH for Cheapskates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
supersceptile

BFH for Cheapskates Empty
PostSubject: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:03 pm

If you play Battlefield Heroes, you'll most likely have considered dumping some coin into the game, right?

Now, the good news is, Battlefield Heroes isn't like Play4Free, which has turned into the equivalent of a money sink imo. In Heroes, a little coin ($5-$10) goes a very LONG way! Very Happy

I'm writing this because my friend created an Royals account today, and since I HAVE known him for a really looooong time, I gave him $10 in BFs. However, he isn't the smartest of spenders, and I ended up helping him with choices.

First things first, how much are you going to spend? $5? $10?

You will also want to ask yourself, "how many characters am I planning on playing?"

The generally agreed fact is that $5 (700 BF) can support 2 characters decently, while supporting 1 very well, while $10 (1540 BF) can support 3 characters decently, and it can support 2 very, very well.

What about Builds?

Well, let me tell you, if you plan on doing some crazy PP build or testing out all sorts of new stuff, its not going to happen on $10, let alone $5. If you invest 5 dollars into 2 characters, you'll have to be happy with 1 build each (in terms of weapons), while 700 BFs can give 1 character 2-3 different builds/playstyles.

As a side note, DON'T BUY THE PIRATE PISTOL IF YOU'RE ON A BUDGET!!! ITS GOOD, BUT NOT WORTH THAT MUCH! Wink

Lets talk a little about classes and the best weapon choices...

First, the Soldier

If you bought 700 battlefunds and you have to split them between the soldier and another class, you'll have 350 BFs for each, right? So with a soldier, a standard SR SMG and VLR Pistol is very effective. No need for uber/super weapons, just the standard SR SMG and VLR Pistol are good enough. Alternatively, you could use a SR SMG and LR SMG build, which puts a little more emphasis on burning bullets. This is also a very potent build, however, you don't have the insanely long range of the VLR Pistol, but being able to kill at Short and Middish-Long Range. In both cases, you will end up spending 290 Battlefunds if you got the standard versions of those weapons. Now, I seem to be forgetting a very important part of the soldier, a grenade. Sadly, with that BF investment, you'll either have to save the grenade for VPs, or just use grenade spam, as 2 primaries are, in my opinion, more important.

If you're deciding that you only play soldier, than those 700 BFs go a very long way. As a small side note, in terms of cost-effectiveness, the soldier is the most versatile of the 3 classes. With 700 BFs, you can get a grenade, and even 3 other weapons! The grenade is VERY important, so don't overlook it. With 700 BFs, I'd personally get the grenade, a short-range SMG, a long-range SMG, and a long-range Pistol, as those are easily the best weapons for the soldier. I haven't had much luck with shotguns, but if its different for you, hey, nobody's stopping you.

To sum it up, you only really need 4 weapons for a soldier to be highly competent, and since so much of the soldier depends on teamplay, its possible to play well and get points with your abilities and skills.

Next, the Commando

If you're only willing to split 350 battlefunds to a commando, there is 1 very feasible build and another that, although quite possible, will leave you at a slight disadvantage at higher levels. Imo, the best option is to go dual VLR Pistol. This is because it is the cheapest build available, and if you search on the interwebz (mostly on the BFH Forums and Youtube), you'll find guides onto how you can do extremely well with this build. The weapons are simple, just the regular long range pistol for your character's faction, and then the stolen/pilfered long range pistol from the opposite faction, which totals to 335 BF. The other build that I'd half recommend is the classic VLR Pistol + Sniper of your choice. The problem with this is that the regular snipers have slightly higher recoil (i think?) and lower ammo (in this case, ammo IS a concern), so you may be outsniped at higher levels when people are more skilled or you may run out of bullets to soon after shooting this schitzophrenic who is trying to avoid you.

Now, spending 700 BFs on a Commando can make quite a difference. You still can't get an uber/super rifle with a regular VLR Pistol, but you can opt for a short range pistol, which is deadly in its own way, although you really must be good at it. With 700 BF, you can even get a second sniper rifle to adjust your playstyle, or if you went the dual VLR route, you can get an additional short range pistol and a sniper rifle of your choice.

Why didn't I mention knifing? Because honestly, at higher levels, knifing is completely dead due to Blasting Strike Soldiers, and SR MG gunners. Seriously, if you want to go short range, use the pistol. As a side note, a commando's abilities are his best friend, as he can get the all important stealth and elixir, and if you do go cheaper, you really have to use those abilites to their greatest potential, as abilites are what makes and breaks commandos.

Last but not least, the Gunner

Alright, before you do anything, however much you spent, throw in the 145 BFs for the RPG. Do it before reading any of this. Just do it.

So if you decide to invest 350 (minus the 145 BFs which totals 205) Battlefunds on a Gunner, you'll have a choice of 1 weapon. One, just 1 weapon. That one weapon should definately be the short range MG. Without that thing, you're not a gunner, I just won't respect you if you're a gunner running around without an SR MG (with a few exceptions Wink) Use your Midrange MG as a second weapon, as the default shotgun is... poop.

If you are going to spend 700 BFs on a gunner, than you won't regret it, as gunners have quite a good arsenal.... in the store. Wink With your leftover 410 BFs (cuse you DID get the RPG and SR MG, right?), I'd get a long range MG, which is really only middish longish range again, and with that last weapon, I'm actually really not sure, because the gunner is already so good with that stuff.

Well, theres not much to sum up with the gunner, but to use your abilities to your full potential, and yet again, if the shotguns your thing, go for it.

Clothes, Emotes, and Widgets

You might have some spare BFs that you couldn't or didn't want to invest into weapons. So what do you want to do with them? First of all, I'd save to see if there are any sales/new OP Wink stuff that was released. However, all three of these things you can get through special events and the Claw.

With clothes, I'd only get them through the Claw and events, as they really don't do anything towards gameplay, the just make you look cool.

Widgets are fairly important, but I'd get them through VPs, which you may have saved up through not renting stuff.

Lastly, emotes. I'm personally a HUGE sucker for emotes, but they are the only things that you can't get through credits and I might invest extra BFs into. The basic ones are pretty nice, basic being: Yes, No, Incoming, and Thanks.

Last Words

Remember, as a cheap(er) player, use your BFs wisely, and although I didn't cover spending 1540 BFs (the $10 package), I think that if you applied the advice I already gave you, you'll know what you're doing. Very Happy

Also, feel free to dispute/discuss any things that I've posted here, I'm always open to changing it and stuff. Wink

Edits and pictures coming soon!
Back to top Go down
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
CaptEdster

PostSubject: Re: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I use the pirate pistol on my royal commando. I find that If I headshot a target with it that im about to knife I don't need as many stabs as I would if I didn't use the Pirate Pistol. Other than that very good guide.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 am

I have 2679 Battlefunds. I can spend at least 900 on each. I have Soldier, Gunner, and Commando, still deciding what to spend it.

Great guide.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am

I do have to disagree on the part you are telling that Super/uber SMG and pistol aren't worth it

The 5 extra bullets (or 2 on the pistol) can make the different something.

the super/uber mg, now that is one you don't need.

For the rest you did wel Smile

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Kill0phile
Site Member
Kill0phile

PostSubject: Re: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am

The Uber Pistol has 3 more in it's magazine. Those 3 bullets go a looong way. I'm waiting to buy one, I'd prefer Uber VLG pistol with default SMG and TNT over grenade/SR SMG/normal pistol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BFH for Cheapskates   BFH for Cheapskates Empty

Back to top Go down

BFH for Cheapskates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Gaming Central :: Free Play Division-